Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sword of the New World: Granada Espada: 1st Impressions Overview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ripper X checks out Sword 2! Sword 2 gives players more options, variety, entertainment and challenges than any other MMORPG can by virtue of its unique design features. Ripper takes his first steps in the game and gives you a head start. Check out Sword 2: 1st Impressions Overview with Ripper X.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Does not look like it differs much from the original game.  Sword 1 was very grindy and lead to players doing a lot of botting to level.   The item shop was mandatory for pvp and all the good stuff was in pvp areas.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Why does someone  do a first look for this site that obviously isnt a mmorpg player himself and doesnt show anything at all instead of talking to a few npcs and showing how the quest log/inventory/system looks and talks like there are a bunch of 9 year olds watching?

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Not the best review for a game that in the end, doesn't really deserve it. There's no reason for them to call this "Sword 2" because there's absolutely nothing different from the original. The things that have changed are minute and, at best, are a small expansion on top of the original game. When you promote the game as a sequel, you expect it to be just that. Instead, they've given it the name 'Sword 2' because the original wasn't being played and had a stigma attached. But it's literally the same game, they just added a couple of dungeons and more costumes. Woo.

The saddest thing is Granado Espada was actually a very good game. I loved it. Then I got to around 30 and saw that, while there were tons of people around, none of them were actually there. Everyone simply bots. They set their three characters in a spot by the corner, set them to auto and go afk. It's easy to do, because they do it so effectively, drops are frequently trash and the exp grind is painful. Once you realize the game is automated, it's just not as fun anymore. What's the point in playing a game that plays itself? Where there's not a single person actually at their computer unless they're running around in town? Completely pointless experience.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• AbcynthAbcynth Member UncommonPosts: 60

Originally posted by Onigod

Why does someone  do a first look for this site that obviously isnt a mmorpg player himself and doesnt show anything at all instead of talking to a few npcs and showing how the quest log/inventory/system looks and talks like there are a bunch of 9 year olds watching?

I agree with Onigod.  Showing the first baby steps of a game and calling it a First Look, while accurate, is not what any of us are really looking for when trying to be introduced to a new game.  I have stopped bothering to even watch the videos from RipperX because I know what I'm going to get in the end....nothing.

• james_mksjames_mks Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Abcynth

I agree with Onigod.  Showing the first baby steps of a game and calling it a First Look, while accurate, is not what any of us are really looking for when trying to be introduced to a new game.  I have stopped bothering to even watch the videos from RipperX because I know what I'm going to get in the end....nothing.

I disagree, thought the first look was helpful. RipperX always does it with an entertaining outlook. That said, this game seems old and outdated.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

RipperX i like your videos but you should focus on showing more gameplay rather than showing quest log and other menus 15 times and talking about the publisher while standing on the same spot for 5 mins ;)

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Originally posted by Abcynth

This.

When making first impressions you should try to show all basic elements of the game.

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

wow, that was simply...horrible.

I think firstlooks or reviews in general shouldn't really be done by this person

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

I agree, so I made a constructive comment on his youtube about it, didn't feel like this was the right place to address it!

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• MacroHardMacroHard Member Posts: 104

Rip's a riot.  Even though there are many elements of this particular game I didn't see (any combat).. I still received enough of an impression of the game to decide if I should even bother wasting anymore time reading up on it.. the whole point of a "first impression" imo.  For all the people that don't like Ripper's commentary and want to avoid his stuff: try not clicking on the corresponding links... sounds crazy, I know.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442
    Was just looking at what this game was about while seeing it's granado espada banner in very hard to read cursive on this site either way, but still pretty crummy intro to the game.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I just couldn't get into thsi game at all....I think this was maybe my shortest MMO experience ever....The game just didn't feel right and had the "why bother" feeling.....I dont think I even made it 15 minutes before deleting.