Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wakfu: Open Beta Kicks Off

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

North American players have been chomping at the bit to get into the Wakfu open beta and the time has finally arrived. Square Enix and Ankama have also announced the arrival of the Sram's Shadow class.

Ready to start your journey? Head to the official Wakfu site to get going.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Will there be Wipe ?

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

I don't understand why companies and/or newssites leave out the part about the wipe. That's the first thing they should be talking about because that's the thing players care about the most.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

open beta for ftp games ussly dont have wipe but who knoes xD

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

Originally posted by Raxeon

open beta for ftp games ussly dont have wipe but who knoes xD

It won't be F2P.

• neuronomadneuronomad Member Posts: 1,276

In order to ensure a proper character advancement curve, economy sustainability, and other balancing objectives, old data must be purged and therefore a complete server database wipe will be handled. Contest and promotional items will persist through these wipes; we are looking into ways of keeping holiday event-related items.

http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg/community/news/283703-wakfu-open-beta-letter

So yes there will be a wipe before launch in Feb.

--------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Sweet, I was hoping to play this soon.  If it is similar to say... Final Fantasy Tactics, it could be cool.  I understand it is turn based grid type combat? like FFTactics?  Either way I will download it tonight and hopefully play!

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by Boltonsquad

open beta for ftp games usualy dont have wipe but who knoes xD

It won't be F2P.

Where do you see that it wont be F2P? I got in the Closed Beta for Free and the main site says Open to EVERYONE! If you could provide your source that would be helpful. All the site says is that Premium content will be offered for Monthly Sub and there will be a micro transaction store..

"WAKFU will launch as a free download from the official site at www.wakfu.com/na and include with it a large amount of gameplay content to experience at no cost. In addition, a monthly subscription fee of $6.00 will give players access to premium content, and a microtransaction–based store will allow users to purchase cosmetic items."

^ Taken directly from site.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by ForumTroll

Originally posted by Boltonsquad

open beta for ftp games usualy dont have wipe but who knoes xD

It won't be F2P.

Where do you see that it wont be F2P? I got in the Closed Beta for Free and the main site says Open to EVERYONE! If you could provide your source that would be helpful. All the site says is that Premium content will be offered for Monthly Sub and there will be a micro transaction store..

"WAKFU will launch as a free download from the official site at www.wakfu.com/na and include with it a large amount of gameplay content to experience at no cost. In addition, a monthly subscription fee of $6.00 will give players access to premium content, and a microtransaction–based store will allow users to purchase cosmetic items."

^ Taken directly from site.

They said the exact same thing about their first game, which Wakfu is molded after. Their idea of free content was one island out of the whole world with very limited interaction with other players.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

6 bucks amonth thats  not a bad deal

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

This games based heavily on Dofus, which I tried a month or so ago.  I found the graphics to be really beautiful for a 2D game but little else to my taste...  Combat was awful, too many buttons, pointlessly complex, large grind.   I might watch a youtube video about wakfu but unless the video is really good I would not give the game a chance.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• bilbonbonbilbonbon Member Posts: 10

2D game is + turn per turn fight ( with deplacement !) = i think (nowadays) PC gamer will get bored.

For phone gamer i think they may enjoy it.

Dofu/Wakfu team still has good designer/artist with very "clean" style. Too clean in my eyes but thats very remarquable, i think many people is attracted by that too

• tiagofoiltiagofoil Member Posts: 4

Anybody knows if the game is only for North America players for now? I'm from South America.