Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has Picaroon been closed down?

xylitolianxylitolian Member Posts: 4

having played Picaroon on & off since it was in CB I tried to log on recently (Yesterday & a few minutes ago) to find that the server is no longer able to be found by the client.

So I thought I would go to the website & see if there was some sort of maintenance happening, The website came bac at my request for the info with a whole page of SQL & other DB errors.

So have they closed the servers for Picaroon down or not?

Kill or Be Killed, It's JUST A GAME Don't Take It Too SERIOUSLY!

Comments

• nwgomatrixnwgomatrix Member Posts: 5

I have no idea. But being that the game is still down a month later, probably. Weird that there was no announcement. Maybe a little digging will turn if (Developer) Nice Technology Limited has been dissolved or not.

Humorously enough, the Time of Defiance memorial page is still up at http://www.nicelycrafted.com/

Which in my opinion (probably not yours), was a far better game than Picaroon was.

I wouldn't normally mention another game when talking in a competing game forum. But since the company has a 50% chance of not existing anymore, I wanted to get my dislike out while there was still a chance that it will be read by any old ToD players that actually give a _____.

R.I.P ToD

Screw the useless replacement that was Picaroon.

-Matrix

[Mod Edit]

[My edit: Fixed Developer company name, as it was not accurate]

• xylitolianxylitolian Member Posts: 4

No idea if it was closed due to the company going bust or not, but can say that I can understand if it has as I never saw more than 8 people online in the game when ever I logged in (Maybe a couple of times a week)

i will take a wild guess that keeping an MMO up & running costs more than they would of been making.

Picaroon wasn't a great game but it was a way to waste 5 mins every now & then :)

Kill or Be Killed, It's JUST A GAME Don't Take It Too SERIOUSLY!