Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My hope for this game has officially faded.

No updates on closed beta requests/emails, nothing at all and it's already January 4th. I've officially lost hope in this game.

/thread

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server

Comments

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

impatience strikes again...

• Cameo3Cameo3 Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by coxyroxy

Waiting 6 months will do that. Didn't they talk about an april release?

EDIT: But I'm done waiting now. I'll just dig my heels into TOR. Done son. Made my decision.

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
    RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
    RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

The game doesn't "need" to have an extensive open beta, in fact, this game may want to avoid it more then most.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Enok4TwunniEnok4Twunni Member Posts: 207

Who cares?

• ClobClob Member Posts: 130

They're probably finding issues on the closed beta TESTLIVE servers.  Iron those out for the LIVE closed beta, back and forth a few times and then onto open beta TESTLIVE for half a year or so --- and then to open beta.   ;)   I was such a fan of AoC's testlive stuff. /sarcasm

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429

Oh snap!! It's official!

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by MindTrigger

Originally posted by Cameo3

EDIT: But I'm done waiting now. I'll just dig my heels into TOR. Done son. Made my decision.

[Mod Edit] I have very few hopes that this game won't be everything you accuse TOR of being...except with many less people playing.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

The longer they take, the better imho

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Originally posted by MindTrigger

[Mod Edit] I have very few hopes that this game won't be everything you accuse TOR of being...except with many less people playing.

The Secret World isn't a mass market game in the first place, and I will be more than happy to not have the WoW/TOR players running around in there.  As for SWTOR's quality, well I think we are seeing the very beginning of people unsubbing, and it will continue.  The game will probably end up doing about as well as Rift, maybe a somewhat better, but that's all.  That is unless they fix all the missing/broken features, add some content, make the world feel more inhabited by players and ambient activity, etc, etc, ad nauseum. 

I was there for the AoC launch and went through the whole thing.  TSW has a whole different development team, different direction with Ragnar at the wheel, and different management.  There is always the chance it will be a mess, but that is true of any new game.  Look how many of them fail or are just mediocre these days.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Just seems like bait material. Giving up on the game because they aren't rushing things to your wants? Give me a break...

Let them take all the time they need to get it right and make it a game worth playing.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• flamebeauxflamebeaux Member Posts: 13

I would suggest to hold and wait, this is a new area as MMO goes, the longer they take to polish the loose ends the better for us when it comes out. Go ahead and go to SWTOR for now i can wait im still playing Aion atm.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

No updates on closed beta requests/emails, nothing at all and it's already January 4th. I've officially lost hope in this game.

/thread

FYI:  There's not much point in starting a thread if your intent is for it to end with the OP.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Do people realize rushing games is the biggest thing that makes games turn out bad?

• orsonstfuorsonstfu Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by Purutzil

Do people realize rushing games is the biggest thing that makes games turn out bad?

Maybe but a 10 year development cycle means that the game will come out looking plastic like and dated. Which it already does.... the monsters look sorta okay...and the player characters are laughable bad.

• jackimusjackimus Member UncommonPosts: 7

If graphics are what matters to you then MMO's are not for you. Gameplay is what matter's and hopefully they are taking their time to ensure they do things right. 

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141

I have been following TSW for  quite a while now, and I may have missed somehting, cuz im still not totally sure what the point of the game is?

• bloodbonebloodbone Member Posts: 142

Hahaha ....... Couple points

1) Funcom won't rush this out because of your post.  They burned themselves with AoC from rushing it out, which IMO could of been the best MMO game out there today (instead of freeware).

2) I have a very strong feeling you will not only play TSW still but probably buy the collectors edition.  Your clearly passonite about the game and saying your not going play cause you've waited too long is laughable. Your not fooling anyone except maybe yourself.

SO STOP WINEING BUDDY! - just go enjoy Swtor for now.  

• orsonstfuorsonstfu Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by jackimus

If graphics are what matters to you then MMO's are not for you. Gameplay is what matter's and hopefully they are taking their time to ensure they do things right. 

You don't dictate what games are and are not for me. I've played MMO's since Ultima Online and I will continue to do so. Graphics are only one aspect of a game but you can have incredible gameplay and terrible graphics in a MMO setting and still fail.

Stop being okay with mediocrity and a falsely inflated ego. MMORPG's are no different that other genres of games in that I expect to get a total package. I want it to be good all around. You should to so we aren't stuck with a stangnant genre like we have now.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Originally posted by orsonstfu

Originally posted by Purutzil

Maybe but a 10 year development cycle means that the game will come out looking plastic like and dated. Which it already does.... the monsters look sorta okay...and the player characters are laughable bad.

Graphics are actually not a huge deal and can be updated to fit the game in most cases. Issues mostly occur if a game has an outdated graphics engine which for an MMO, isn't usually a big deal. Take a look at games like WoW or DDO that has went under several graphic improvements over time. They can be improved and most games usually are by the time they are released, compared to their initial appearance.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

You don't dictate what games are and are not for me. I've played MMO's since Ultima Online and I will continue to do so. Graphics are only one aspect of a game but you can have incredible gameplay and terrible graphics in a MMO setting and still fail.

Stop being okay with mediocrity and a falsely inflated ego. MMORPG's are no different that other genres of games in that I expect to get a total package. I want it to be good all around. You should to so we aren't stuck with a stangnant genre like we have now.

If gameplay did indeed matter more than graphics, then I would expect posters expousing gameplay over graphics to be a current subscriber to Asheron's Call.  It arguably had the best game gameplay of any MMORPG, but some of the least palatable graphics presentation in the genre, especially in the very early years.  Since AC probably has fewer than 10,000 subscribers, it is hightly unlikely for anyone visiting these forums to be an active AC subscriber.   Graphics and presentation are as important to MMORPGs as innovation, design, lore, gameplay, and any other element that can be imagined.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Graphics are one of the strongest points of TSW so I don't see where you have an issue.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

I got the feeling that the OP deciding to stay in SWTOR is a good thing.

Its actually why ill probably wait a month before i jump in, let the themepark tourists get tired of not being handed endgame instanced pvp fast enough and let them move on to whatever overhyped "same old" themepark is comming out at the time.

The funny part is how he acts like the staff of funcom is going to drop to their knees screaming "nooooo" at the sight of his post.

• lakokalakoka Member UncommonPosts: 97

> has closed beta account

> not playing

> mfw

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

I'm not sure why hope = timeline?

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430

I still think this could be a awesome game. That being said, there is no way I see this launching in Apr. My money is on Apr/May 2013.