Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FORUM GAME: Guess That Game!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hi guys,

I just read this thread over in General Gaming and got an idea for an on-going forum game we can play here. It's pretty simple. One user thinks of a game and provides a number of clues, and the first person to guess the game correctly then does the same, and on and on we go! :) It can be a game from any genre or any platform and from any date, but it has to be a video game.

Sound fun? I'll start with something simple to get the ball rolling.

The setting for is a fantasy world beloved by gamers old and new. This particular entry in the long-running series concerns a young elven boy who follows his uncle through a rainstorm one night, only to get caught up in an adventure to save the land's princess from an evil wizard.

Could I be more obvious? Probably, but I just wanted to get the ball rolling. :)

EDIT: It's the responsibility of the person giving the clues to call out the first correct answer and pass the torch over to them before clues for the next game are offered.

e.g. "Bob is correct! Your turn, Bob!"

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Really? No one can guess the game? :(

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by MikeB

I think it's more that this (the Off-Topic forum) is where we come when we prefer not to talk about games on this site. Oh, and the answer is the left handed Link in the Legend of Zelda series. "WTF do you mean she's not in this castle!?! How many damned castles do you have!?!"

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Originally posted by grunty

Originally posted by MikeB

I think it's more that this is where we come when we prefer not to talk about games on this site. Oh, and the answer is the left handed Link in the Legend of Zelda series. "WTF do you mean she's not in this castle!?! How many damned castles do you have!?!"

You'll need to come up with the specific game name. ;)  I'll move this to General Gaming to see if we get more bites!

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

I have an old game we use to play on the Commadore 64.   There was a temple complex you would explore looking for loots and the inhabitants were mostly ants and bugs.  What game was it?

• SepulcherSepulcher Member Posts: 216

The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149

The Legend of Zelda - A link to the past?

Doh. Damn you.

Originally posted by Sepulcher

Nope.   If you need other clues let me know.  :)    I know many old games from the past....mwhahaha....many obscure ones.  ::ebil grin::

Originally posted by Teala

Nope.   If you need other clues let me know.  :)    I know many old games from the past....mwhahaha....many obscure ones.  ::ebil grin::

Not answering yours, answering the OP.

Originally posted by dead2soon

The Legend of Zelda - A link to the past?

Doh. Damn you.

Oh wait, you were trying to answer MikeB's "guess what game".  :(  Sorry.    I thought the other poster called it all ready.  Maybe we can start this whole thread again...how about it MikeB.  This sounds fun.   Have a meeting I need to go to, so I'll get back to this thread later.  

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Sounds like a fun thread :) 

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Correct! Your turn. :)

So now Sepulcher gives you all clues to a game and is responsible for calling out the correct guesser to continue!

I will keep mine short and sweet:

In a land of right angles one square rises to the challenge slaying dragons, lifting bridges, unlocking doors with giant keys, and getting the chalice from the castle.

• defroststardefroststar Member UncommonPosts: 16

I will keep mine short and sweet:

In a land of right angles one square rises to the challenge slaying dragons, lifting bridges, unlocking doors with giant keys, and getting the chalice from the castle.

Adventure

Originally posted by defroststar

Adventure

We have a winner!  The baton passes to you defroststar.

• defroststardefroststar Member UncommonPosts: 16

Ack! 

Get back here, frog! 

Don't touch that - it is radioactive!

Now you're jumping down a hole?!!

I'm coming after you!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhh!    <thump>

Whoa, sweet ride!

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Ack! 

Get back here, frog! 

I'm coming after you!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhh!   

Whoa, sweet ride!

even though I really have no clue, I'm going to guess World of Warcraft

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Ack! 

Get back here, frog! 

I'm coming after you!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhh!   

Whoa, sweet ride!

Going to guess Battletoads

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Ack! 

Get back here, frog! 

I'm coming after you!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhh!   

Whoa, sweet ride!

Blaster Master

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Originally posted by Teala

I have an old game we use to play on the Commadore 64.   There was a temple complex you would explore looking for loots and the inhabitants were mostly ants and bugs.  What game was it?

Temple of Apshai?

To keep the thread moving Ill post mine before bed:

The story of a blue ball determined to rescue the pink ball of his dreams no matter how many harmless snakes he must pass and no matter how many tower floors he must ascend

The previous one was great though.  not sure how I remembered it.  Here it is in all its glory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZDvXmDaO8

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Originally posted by teakbois

The story of a blue ball determined to rescue the pink ball of his dreams no matter how many harmless snakes he must pass and no matter how many tower floors he must ascend

Sounds like marble madness

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

That is Adventures of Lolo, or so I am pretty sure it is. Since the thread has gone kind of cold I am going to press forward on the being right assumption, hope you dont mind.

Using deception is the whole basis of this game. Abducted at youth, and grown to fend off all sorts of invaders. Trick your opponents into their doom. There are so many possibilities! Possibly one of the best games of the millennia for the forward thinking gamer. You would have to be a bunch of loons to not like this game. Give it a try, you might find yourself happily snared.

Originally posted by MaxJac

That is Adventures of Lolo, or so I am pretty sure it is. Since the thread has gone kind of cold I am going to press forward on the being right assumption, hope you dont mind.

Using deception is the whole basis of this game. Abducted at youth, and grown to fend off all sorts of invaders. Trick your opponents into their doom. There are so many possibilities! Possibly one of the best games of the millennia for the forward thinking gamer. You would have to be a bunch of loons to not like this game. Give it a try, you might find yourself happily snared.

You are correct, and I know yours but I wont say it.  Twisted, awesome series of games.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Heres one that I don't think anyone will get:

A free sidescroller where almost everyone chooses the dreadlocks + dogtags in character creation because they just look so cool as they flip and turn in all directions as you launch across the screen, bunny hopping and using your jet-pack shoes towards the enemy teams flag.  /smoke

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.