Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how far did you reach?

Comments

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Originally posted by tom_gore

Originally posted by bobfish

Still, as a Smuggler you only have to get through Ord Mantell and Coruscant before you can go to a great planet like Taris... just 15 levels.

Unfortunately as a "married with children" gamer my playtime is seriously limited and getting bored from grinding levels in hope of something better is not something I'm willing to invest into :)

And as said, I don't think the basic game concept (decent/good main story, boring sidequests) will change much on the other planets.

I hear ya - I'm married and have 3 boys (13, 11,7).

With all due respect Tom_gore, you've been very clear about your opinion of this game and you said you didn't pre-order but you still purchased the game anyway and played up to level 11.  Unless you just played beta, which didn't really have all of the elements in place - nor did it have the commitment and attatchment to the character that actual release has.

One of the hardest aspects of the game for me is not telling everybody what's happening in the story since it takes so many crazy turns.   People are leaving vent so they can hear their the npc's - I've never seen that in an MMO before.  

I'm currently level 34 and the story is just starting to get to the good part.  So far, this has been the farthest from a 'grind' that I've ever played.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by AdamTM

Originally posted by elocke

Smuggler 11

Then I got bored out of my mind and uninstalled.

It's Smuggler.  I got my BH to 50 and loved it all.  Played a new smuggler and am struggling to get past level 7, it just feels slow and boring.  Heck, my Imperial Agent feels 10 times better to play.  I think it's the story.  At least at low levels.  Hopefully smuggler gets better.

You really should have at least tried a different class or 2 before just uninstalling.  

Why? 

He wanted to play a smuggler, smuggler was boring, he uninstalled.

If I rolled a mage in dragon age and found out that the story/gameplay is boring, i'd uninstall, i wouldn't force myself to play a melee class instead just to "give it a chance".

If its a role playing game, in the sense of computer games, where you follow a predetermined role, the role i want to play better be interesting to grab my attention.

But thats how SWTOR is, the class-stories are just hit and miss, and so the experience people are having is hit and miss.

Thats the problem of having all eggs in one basket.

Why?  Because of the different playstyle, that's why.  I thought that was fairly obvious.  Yes, the classes are that distinct from each other.

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Originally posted by Matt_UK

I got as far as the 3rd planet with both my Imp and Rep characters:

Apart from the woods of Tython so far they are either a warzone (Taris, Ord Mantell, Dromand Kass) or a mega city (Coruscant, Na Shaddaa). I'm hoping for more variety as I go on. Be nice to see some scenery are calm areas like in LOTRO. Maybe on Hoth or Alderaan?

Bit hard to have kill quests without anything to kill, or a reason to kill.

Every planet you go to in SWTOR has some element of war/insurrection/conflict that needs to be dealt with. You don't get sent to quiet peaceful places, because you're not needed at them.

Middle Earth is a world at war, but not every area is a warzone. I think you miss my point. There are other things to do than fight in SWtoR.

Ord Mantell is a dull planet, probably the worst in the game. Gunslinger/Sniper are dull classes to play as too, stand still and use charge/channeled abilities, until either mob or your character is dead.

Scoundrel/Operative is more fun to play, but I, and I suspect a few others, were looking for a something beyond a stealth/melee/rogue/healer from the Smuggler.

Good choice to put the most boring planet to the beginning of the game, eh? :)

Totally don't understand why the planet is so dull compared to the rest, maybe they made it first and didn't bother to go back when they had more experience and improve it.

Tython is pretty dull too. Korriban, the last of the starter worlds they made is so much better than the others. Shame really.

Still, as a Smuggler you only have to get through Ord Mantell and Coruscant before you can go to a great planet like Taris... just 15 levels.

I agree, Korriban is hands down the best starter planet.  Followed by Hutta.  Hate Tython and Ord mantel, they just feel tedious to travel through for some reason.  Same with Nar Shadaa and Coruscant, HATE those planets.  

Originally posted by Matt_UK

I got as far as the 3rd planet with both my Imp and Rep characters:

Apart from the woods of Tython so far they are either a warzone (Taris, Ord Mantell, Dromand Kass) or a mega city (Coruscant, Na Shaddaa). I'm hoping for more variety as I go on. Be nice to see some scenery are calm areas like in LOTRO. Maybe on Hoth or Alderaan?

Yep, they get bigger and nicer as you level.  Voss reminds me of Azshara from WoW, all pretty oranges and fall colors, lots of open space.  Hoth has a ton of open space and a quiet themesong to invoke the right atmosphere.  Belsavis is going to blow most away I think, there is just something unique about it and it's HUGE.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Well I was just curiously browsing thru this thread and not playing or owning this game I just have to ask. Since it's only been live for 3 weeks do you see yourself playing in 60 days?

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

What i want to ask is this:

If my /play time is roughly 1-1.5 days (24-36hours) at level 27 with no alts.

Then what is the playtime for those of you with a level 50 and several alts at mid-20s?!!

like...200+ hours? 8hrs a day since Early Access?! How...the...hell.

Either that or the obvious PvP exploits that are now fixed.

Originally posted by Saxx0n

Well I was just curiously browsing thru this thread and not playing or owning this game I just have to ask. Since it's only been live for 3 weeks do you see yourself playing in 60 days?

In 60 days?  Currently yes, I still have 7 more class storylines to play through, and I just started the Ilum quest chain on my level 50 BH and it's pretty involved.

The only thing that would change whether I play in 60 days or not is if GW2 comes out.  Doubt that is going to happen, so in SWTOR I will stay.

Originally posted by Vegetto

What i want to ask is this:

If my /play time is roughly 1-1.5 days (24-36hours) at level 27 with no alts.

Then what is the playtime for those of you with a level 50 and several alts at mid-20s?!!

like...200+ hours? 8hrs a day since Early Access?! How...the...hell.

Either that or the obvious PvP exploits that are now fixed.

It's called I'm unemployed so i play a lot.  Lots of breaks but I also solo the majority of the game, I skipped most heroics and a few flashpoints that I couldn't get a party for and shored up any lost xp with space combat.  I pvp'ed 2 times.  Didn't like it due to my PC not liking large amounts of players near me.  Plus, Huttball confuses the crap out of me.

Also, I have a couple of alts but the brunt of my time was played on the level 50 toon.  Focusing on one character makes it easier/faster to level up.

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400
    I'm amazed on how people are at top level only couple weeks into the game. MMO's have sure changed a lot over the years. I'm afraid to see star wars in a year or two from now. IMO they will take advantage of this and release many xpacs. Milking it for all it's worth.

I also played Beta and hated it. Glad I saved my money.
  • dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

I gots me a:

40 Vanguard

20 Juggernaut

14 Assassin

13 Sentinal

11 Smuggler and Sage

Going to roll a BH and Agent soon too.

• illorionillorion Member Posts: 467

Level 26 Shadow

I wanted to be a higher level but Im having a hard time getting myself to log in. Not to mention the game does a great job of pissing me off sometimes.

The bonus series missions i thought where stupid and i skipped them... I was tired of killing rakghouls i didnt want to spend another 3 hours doing it.

Also apperently decisions in the game based off of your gut is the wrong way to play. I picked light / darkside choices based off of the situation and not blindly picking light or dark...I realized that was mistake when all the sudden I couldnt use my double bladed lightsaber anymore. I was further annoyed when I realized that every single double bladed lightsaber in the AH required ether light 1 or dark 1 regardless of the color crystal... like the actuall hilt had that requirement on it... it wasnt just cause they had a red or blue or whatever color crystal in it... even after the color crystals are removed every double bladed lightsaber had a alighnement requirement. So I had to drop treasure hunting and pick up diplomacy and spend hours standing in the space station doing nothing while i fixed my alignment so I could use a lightsaber... how. fucking. gay.

I tried to log in right before I hopped on here... I had just got to tattooine and I just cant bring myself to do it... i had already picked up a couple quests so when I log in the first thing I see staring at me from the corner of the screen is 

"kill 10 gangsters"

.......screw it

"Don't mistake a fun game for a good game... Checkers is fun to play but its not exactly the highest point of gaming design... and definatly not worth $60 plus $15 a month"

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Originally posted by snoop101

I'm amazed on how people are at top level only couple weeks into the game. MMO's have sure changed a lot over the years. I'm afraid to see star wars in a year or two from now. IMO they will take advantage of this and release many xpacs. Milking it for all it's worth. I also played Beta and hated it. Glad I saved my money.

Well, people pulled Marathon's over the holiday. I can promise now that work is ramping back up my progression will slow greatly. For me, getting to 40 seemed to be a huge time investment but then again, I listened to every NPC I talked, did a  fair amount of PVP, Spent time on Crafting and did the Flashpoints usually more than once.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

I got a sentinel to 50.  Went to a whole different server and I'm trying a imperial agent and sorcerer.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Sith Assasin 25
    Bounty Hunter 16

And yes, Im still enjoying the game. A lot.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400
    Originally posted by dougmysticey

I'm amazed on how people are at top level only couple weeks into the game. MMO's have sure changed a lot over the years. I'm afraid to see star wars in a year or two from now. IMO they will take advantage of this and release many xpacs. Milking it for all it's worth. I also played Beta and hated it. Glad I saved my money.

Well, people pulled Marathon's over the holiday. I can promise now that work is ramping back up my progression will slow greatly. For me, getting to 40 seemed to be a huge time investment but then again, I listened to every NPC I talked, did a  fair amount of PVP, Spent time on Crafting and did the Flashpoints usually more than once.

I wonder how much of the game time is spent watching those stupid videos?

Still though even with 12-14 hours a day which is normal for some people, they should not be at top level. Have they not learned by the new wow that making leveling easy is not a good thing. Like I said in my last post, they knew the game was like this and did it on purpose to milk the money from xpacs.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

level 26 marauder. cancelled subscription because the game just felt too repetitive.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Just purchased the game a few days back. So only have one character so far. Level 19 sage.

Not real sure I would be enthused to make an alt with how this game works unless I go empire.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

After reaching endgame and only doing the dailys, I decided on putting together some alts myself.

50-jedi shadow

25, 15, 12-sniper

12-scoundrel

You may ask why the 3 different sniper levels.  Well my 25 is on a dead server so I can never pvp on him.  I made the 15 on another server not knowing your legacy continues for either Alliance or Empire.  So lastly, I made the 12 sniper on the same server as my 50 jedi to gain legacy exp.

Ya im an idiot

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Originally posted by DarkPony

Not much of an altoholic here. More of a sufferer from monocharacteritis.

- lvl 42 operative

- lvl 2 sith warrior

- lvl 3 sith inquisitor

If end game ends up being under-developed (and it looks like it, at least polish wise) I might be forced to start an alt anyway though. In that case I think I'll make a gunslinger.

Whoa! youre like...me!

Lvl 42 Scoundrel

lvl 4 consular

lvl 5 jedi knight

level 13 scoundrel

Im totally in love with the scoundrel.  Its awesome! @_@

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Bounty Hunter (Merc)                  = 38

Sith Warrior (Marauder)               = 12

Sith Inquisitor (Assassin)             = 14

Imperial Agent (Future Sniper)     = 01

• RobbHoodRobbHood Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by jazz.be

Starting and playing a new character is very entertaining somehow in this game. It's easy to play diffirent characters at the same time, unlike most other mmo's where you feel forced to finish a character first.

I just made sure I finished act one on my Sorcerer before I continue the Juggernaut.

Sith Sorcerrer: 31

Sith Juggernaut: 19

Smuggler (forgot what I took): 15 or something

It's easy because that's all there is.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I wonder how much of the game time is spent watching those stupid videos? Still though even with 12-14 hours a day which is normal for some people, they should not be at top level. Have they not learned by the new wow that making leveling easy is not a good thing. Like I said in my last post, they knew the game was like this and did it on purpose to milk the money from xpacs.

When MMOs make leveling this fast, I think its because the game is designed around box sales.  They just want the best first impression possible, so they'll get the best possible reviews and word-of-mouth around launch time.  They're banking on enough people continuing to support the game, despite its glaring lack of longevity, which they might build on in the future, I guess, if that pans out.

Didn't work out so well for Rift - no matter how much they keep adding, too many people hit level 50 and quit without looking back.  It's possible TOR will be different because of the IP, but the IP itself costs them a big chunk of profit, meaning they have to be a lot more successful than an MMO like Rift, just to do any better at all.

Oh, and me?  I've got a lv.31 Sith Assassin, lv.26 Trooper, and a few others between 5 and 15.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• buegurbuegur Member UncommonPosts: 457

Commando 23

Gunslinger 17

Sage 12

Needed more than one character to do the trade skills I selected lol.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

I wonder how much of the game time is spent watching those stupid videos? Still though even with 12-14 hours a day which is normal for some people, they should not be at top level. Have they not learned by the new wow that making leveling easy is not a good thing. Like I said in my last post, they knew the game was like this and did it on purpose to milk the money from xpacs.

12-14 hours a day is NOT normal.  I consider myself someone who spends more time than the average person playing MMOs and not even on my longest play session would I come close to 12-14 hours.  I could care less if all the poop sockers and cat-assers run out of things to do.  Thats their fault.  Players like that are bad for MMOs in general and we're better off without them.  As I said before, I've been playing pretty steadily for a few weeks now and my highest level character is only 40, and thats even with skipping a good chunck of content.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.