Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why will this game end up like Rift.

First I'd like to make it clear that my intention of this post is not to bash the game, but to state the obvious, and maybe things that players are not aware of.

I've been playing the game for like 7 days now, my character is level 36 at the moment. having finished all quests of Darmund Kaas, Tatooine, and many quests here and there, completed my legacy quest line and going further with the story quest line.

Having said this, it is clear that I have played the game, and my judgement is not out of nothing.

Secondly, I would like to mention what is good about this game, and why this good part turns really bad later on:

1- NPC conversations in quests: this starts as a nice feature where a player would enjoy the story and feel part of the game, however, after level 20 it gets tedious, uninteresting and very tiring to skip though, especially after the 100th quest you do, bioware shouldn't have put a conversation in every quest, just the important ones.

2- Waiting for players in quest conversations: again the same thing, it gets nice in the beginning, but then really really tiring later on. not that social items are any good, but when you quest with people and you do want to do that part, and then someone wants to listen to everything the NPC says...it burns my nerves.

Lastly, what really is very bad about this game:

1- No Dual Spec: when Rift was released, we could have 4 different character specs, then they added the 5th. When this game was released we have only one character spec, this has got to be the biggest joke from bio-ware, even a free to play games have dual specs now.

2- Flashpoints: Flashpoints are a joke, once you die at a boss fight, you do not get to loot anything. Of course now some boss fights are rediculously strong for a same-level group, especially if you get a noob tank.

3-PVP: PVP in swotr is only 8v8 in all battlegrounds, all classes have 5 kinds of crowd control abilities, so basically the team that uses their CCs last wins. Not to mention in the ball arena, jedis and siths are completely rediculous with their push backs, and they're the only ones who carry the ball anyway.

4- companions: useless at level 50 and in flashpoints. Can't do quests without them, so you have to keep at least one companion with you. Having five companions that you need to gear, work on their affection, just to turn out useless end game is kinda of...useless I say.

5- Crafting (Crew-Skill): super, duper useless, the epics you craft are bound on pickup, you basically cannot sell anything useful. Non-profitable crafting, recipes drop rate is very rare, missions take too long to finish beyond 260 points of skill. So far I've sold only one crafted item out of like 10, so I didn't bother at all, since all crafted gear is literally useless even when leveling up, since you can get really better gear just by doing quests.

6- Walking: all the unnecessary walking this game has, from spaceport to ship, from ship to ship controls, then back out of the ship, to the elevator to the spaceport to outside, not to mention all the useless uninteresting cut scenes that pop everytime the ship flies. Why can't we just hit one button from the spaceport and enter the ship? why do I have to WALK, not even use the mount to do it?

7- Content: the content is a joke, people have already finished everything in 15 days of game play, one WoW expansion has more content than this entire game, not to mention the file size difference.

8- Targetting issues, Lag, super bugs: all of these just sway the players from continueing to play the game, in my opinion I should not continue subscribing to this game anymore, in fact I'm going to cancel now.

All of this sums up at how bad this game really is, story lines? good finished in 15 days...then what?

Bioware could have done something better with this game, but no. I believe they should have made this a single player game, in fact, this game is an exact copy of Knights of the old Republic games, it is just that now you have other people playing  around you, and you can see them and play with them.

Now let me ask a final question...What is an MMO? a massive multiplayer online game right? where on earth does SWTOR fit that descriotion if groups are made out of 4 players, PVP of 8, and the biggest raid is only 16 players...how can this be massively multiplayer online game? where's the massive in a maximum of 16 players playing together? and of 4 questing together? and of 8 PVPing together? where? even battlefield has more player count than this...this is just the biggest joke on earth.

And this concludes my whining.

Comments

• ShredderSEShredderSE Member Posts: 197

Game of the year!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Yeah I kind of agree with you OP but not to the same extent. The game is mostly a single player/co-op RPG so it is fun to play for a few weeks. After that I dont know what to do with it. PvP and raiding seem to be lackluster so... then what?

People who are saying this game is innovative etc etc dont know what they are talking about. The game is a very average triple A MMORPG with really nice storylines and voice overs but nothing interesting beside that.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Ha nice read! seriously.

The bit on crafting for instance was perfect in explaining why it ultimately sucks, the companion bit also.

The other parts could use a little more explaining why the core of that particular thing suck as well.

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398

I am just glad I am the type who see's the good in  things, instead of whining why a game that has been out for 3 weeks isn't perfect. I am having a great time even though there are some terrbile things in the game (the UI).

Alot of people in these forums remind me of Stan in the South Park epsiode when he turns 10 and everything is shitty to him. He becomes jaded and can't enjoy anything.

This game will be out for years and will be changing alot in that time so just relax, if you hate it go back to what ever game you like. It is ok, just stop whining.

• Originally posted by vtravi

I am just glad I am the type who see's the good in  things, instead of whining why a game that has been out for 3 weeks isn't perfect. I am having a great time even though there are some terrbile things in the game (the UI).

Alot of people in these forums remind me of Stan in the South Park epsiode when he turns 10 and everything is shitty to him. He becomes jaded and can't enjoy anything.

This game will be out for years and will be changing alot in that time so just relax, if you hate it go back to what ever game you like. It is ok, just stop whining.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game until I realized what I just wrote in the first post, and I will continue playing until the sub is over.

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Originally posted by Yamota

Yeah I kind of agree with you OP but not to the same extent. The game is mostly a single player/co-op RPG so it is fun to play for a few weeks. After that I dont know what to do with it. PvP and raiding seem to be lackluster so... then what?

I agree, i'm enjoying it but there is no need to do the Heroic quests or Flashpoints to get decent stuff or even commendations (enough drop in open play to collect all the gear). So no imperative to group at all.

Basically it's another single player online rpg with a chatbox. I play with friends but we all solo and we just chat about what we are doing when playing. I'm hoping I can finish before I start paying monthly. Rift was exactly the same, also enjoyable but if you aren't grinding dailies and raids at the end (the most bring part of the game to me) it's all over very quickly.

Still looking for an mmorpg I can spend a few years in. UO and EQ were the last two. Maybe GW2 will be the one?

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Originally posted by ob1sr

First I'd like to make it clear that my intention of this post is not to bash the game, but to state the obvious, and maybe things that players are not aware of.

1- NPC conversations in quests: this starts as a nice feature where a player would enjoy the story and feel part of the game, however, after level 20 it gets tedious, uninteresting and very tiring to skip though, especially after the 100th quest you do, bioware shouldn't have put a conversation in every quest, just the important ones.

I agree with this.  I think future games can learn from this and maintain the quality of SWTOR voice overs without using them everywhere.

2- Waiting for players in quest conversations: again the same thing, it gets nice in the beginning, but then really really tiring later on. not that social items are any good, but when you quest with people and you do want to do that part, and then someone wants to listen to everything the NPC says...it burns my nerves.

Don't group with them or opt out of the group conversation

1- No Dual Spec: when Rift was released, we could have 4 different character specs, then they added the 5th. When this game was released we have only one character spec, this has got to be the biggest joke from bio-ware, even a free to play games have dual specs now.

There's no reason this couldn't have been included

2- Flashpoints: Flashpoints are a joke, once you die at a boss fight, you do not get to loot anything. Of course now some boss fights are rediculously strong for a same-level group, especially if you get a noob tank.

Can't comment.  Only did one FP and noone died.

3-PVP: PVP in swotr is only 8v8 in all battlegrounds, all classes have 5 kinds of crowd control abilities, so basically the team that uses their CCs last wins. Not to mention in the ball arena, jedis and siths are completely rediculous with their push backs, and they're the only ones who carry the ball anyway.

Pretty much every MMO releases with crappy PvP balance and design.  It's a PvE game.

4- companions: useless at level 50 and in flashpoints. Can't do quests without them, so you have to keep at least one companion with you. Having five companions that you need to gear, work on their affection, just to turn out useless end game is kinda of...useless I say.

You only need to gear your best one.  It's not a problem.

5- Crafting (Crew-Skill): super, duper useless, the epics you craft are bound on pickup, you basically cannot sell anything useful. Non-profitable crafting, recipes drop rate is very rare, missions take too long to finish beyond 260 points of skill. So far I've sold only one crafted item out of like 10, so I didn't bother at all, since all crafted gear is literally useless even when leveling up, since you can get really better gear just by doing quests.

Agreed

6- Walking: all the unnecessary walking this game has, from spaceport to ship, from ship to ship controls, then back out of the ship, to the elevator to the spaceport to outside, not to mention all the useless uninteresting cut scenes that pop everytime the ship flies. Why can't we just hit one button from the spaceport and enter the ship? why do I have to WALK, not even use the mount to do it?

Agreed

7- Content: the content is a joke, people have already finished everything in 15 days of game play, one WoW expansion has more content than this entire game, not to mention the file size difference.

I assume you are referring to end game PvE content?  If so, it's pretty clear this game released with too little of it.  You can't really compare a WoW expansion as it has the benefit of all of the foundation in place.

8- Targetting issues, Lag, super bugs: all of these just sway the players from continueing to play the game, in my opinion I should not continue subscribing to this game anymore, in fact I'm going to cancel now.

There weren't any bugs that affected my leveling experience and I'm now on my first alt.  End game can only get better from here.

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

I initially really wanted to get into this game, as it was over Xmas and it would save me money by not going out.

Instead, since the 15th December, i have played one char to level 27, probably a 1.5-2 days /play time.

It's not like i desperately need to be intellectually challenged all the time, but i feel like a vegetable playing it and i haven't once looked at something and not thought "Well that's a bit dull".

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

It seriously grinds my gears like you have no idea, that most MMORPGs out now are combat MMORPGs. Well, why not make combat interesting

I said this with Rift when I played it back in November/December 2010: I fell asleep at the keyboard. 

I FAAK with SWTOR also, one too many times.

I want to zoom in on one of your points.

6- Walking

I can totally see what they were trying to achieve but because of the design of the game it doesn't work for me! The first time around it's neat. It only gets more annoying the more flying around you have to do when you level up some more.

Because the worlds are basically zones and not really planets, because you can't fly your ship yourself it all feels fake and I don't see the reason why they can't just skip the whole "me walking to my captain's chair" part in case I wish to travel to another "planet" (feck I'll just call them zones) and and and the rest of what you said. Just to get off my ship and where I have to be.

Oh btw, no matter where you may be in the "galaxy", whenever an instance becomes available there's a quest leading you to it, no? There's a teleporter, at that spot where you got the quest, that instantly takes you to the Republic Fleet.

I don't get some design choices they made.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

This right here is a huge factor. How do they expect people to stay when there isn't much content on a game that took 5+ years to make ? Mind boggling at best...

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Originally posted by Matt_UK

Why are there so many idiots on here who feel they have to tell people to stop whining or crying every time someone expresses an opinion? It really gets on my wick.

The 'stop whining' brigade are the most annoying assholes on here.

I'd put a few ahead of them such as the fanboys of other games that won't give SWTOR a chance, or those that claim it will go F2P shortly, or those that hate themepark games and try to hide it when criticizing the game.

I cancelled my subscription because I don't like the idea of paying money each month just to level alts.  I'm glad I bought the game and will try to get a few chars to 50 before the 19th.  I'm sure I'll be back, but I don't understand the anger some people seem to have.

I wasn't even going to buy the game but I loved the open beta and have given up on a timely release of D3 or GW2.  SWTOR has actually tempered my enthusiasm for GW2 as I can't imagine GW2 will have nearly as good of a leveling experience.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I'm only going to respond to two things - #7 & #8.

#7 - No game is built for the players who trivialize content by burning through it as fast as they can. It's a waste of resources. For most people (who don't play the game 8 to 10 hours a day or more) the game has more than enough content. Playing 3 hours a day, every day will take about 46 days to reach max level on one character. Most people aren't going to play every day, so this gives them a good two months or so of game play for one character. At end game, there is additional content - choosing not to do that content doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If this game doesn't have enough content for you*, then you are playing the wrong game. You probably shouldn't be playing any theme park mmorpg at all.

#8 - This needs to be addressed, especially in PvP. Overall, performance is fine for questing, flash points and heroics. It's probably fine for raids as well. In PvP though, performance is a bit sluggish and feels clunky. Bioware has said they are aware of it, they're looking into it and it'll get fixed.

[i]* The generic 'you', not the specific 'you'.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783

Flashpoints are simply wrong. I have died several times during flashpoint boss fights and been able to get loot from the boss.

I do agree with some of the things though.

1 option you can choose in your preferences is that you can have it automatically skip the cut scenes.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Why are there so many idiots on here who feel they have to tell people to stop whining or crying every time someone expresses an opinion? It really gets on my wick.

I'd put a few ahead of them such as the fanboys of other games that won't give SWTOR a chance, or those that claim it will go F2P shortly, or those that hate themepark games and try to hide it when criticizing the game.

I cancelled my subscription because I don't like the idea of paying money each month just to level alts.  I'm glad I bought the game and will try to get a few chars to 50 before the 19th.  I'm sure I'll be back, but I don't understand the anger some people seem to have.

I wasn't even going to buy the game but I loved the open beta and have given up on a timely release of D3 or GW2.  SWTOR has actually tempered my enthusiasm for GW2 as I can't imagine GW2 will have nearly as good of a leveling experience.

Actually i find the "shut up and go away" way worse than those, at least you can argue with them, how do you argue with a person that denies you any voice?

It actually should be a bannable offense.

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128

Considering Rift is still fairly successfull, your title is misleading, and your point is lost.  Go play something else if you don't like the game, no-one of consequence cares.

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Originally posted by lizardbones
    I'm only going to respond to two things - #7 & #8.

#7 - No game is built for the players who trivialize content by burning through it as fast as they can. It's a waste of resources. For most people (who don't play the game 8 to 10 hours a day or more) the game has more than enough content. Playing 3 hours a day, every day will take about 46 days to reach max level on one character. Most people aren't going to play every day, so this gives them a good two months or so of game play for one character. At end game, there is additional content - choosing not to do that content doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If this game doesn't have enough content for you*, then you are playing the wrong game. You probably shouldn't be playing any theme park mmorpg at all.

#8 - This needs to be addressed, especially in PvP. Overall, performance is fine for questing, flash points and heroics. It's probably fine for raids as well. In PvP though, performance is a bit sluggish and feels clunky. Bioware has said they are aware of it, they're looking into it and it'll get fixed.

* The generic 'you', not the specific 'you'.

Agree with #7 and i have asked in another thread with people posting their current levels. Most have a level 50 and several alts over level 20.

Considering it has taken me over 1 day (24 hours+) /play time to reach level 27 (and i would hardly call it sluggish as i was very efficient with my quests), what fucking lives do these people have or how much did they exploit the crap out of PvP?

I work it out as many of them playing over 200 hours already, in a 2-3 week period. Thats 8-10 hours a day...every day. Stop to eat and shit lads, ffs lol.

• At least I'm going to enjoy the coming 3 weeks, and never see this game again, I'd rather play Aria online or something, at least I can change my entire class whenever I want lol.

All in All, the reason I said this game will end up like rift, is subscribers wise, the only ones who will remain will be the fanbois who have their brains locked, as for me i'll just go back to battlefield 3, and wait for diablo 3.

• agriffin85agriffin85 Member Posts: 64

Sigh, here we go.

1.  They announced dual spec would be implemented into the game.  I'm disapointed it's not out yet as well but for gods sake give them at least a month before you start lynch mobbing.

2.  Not sure if you're just making this up or flat out confused, but this is in no way true.  If you whipe on a boss fight, you go back in, kill it and loot O_O.  Not much to say here other than you're just flat out wrong.

3. No, no, and no, there is so much fail in this statement that I need to break it down into 3 parts:  

A. Warzones are not only 8v8. 

B. There is NO class with 5 cc abilities (the most is probably sorc/sage who has 4 if you count snares as cc) and the resolve bars fills up very quickly meaning you can't be cc'ed.  You are a typical person who fails to notice when things are working.  You only notice things when they piss you off.  AkA you don't notice the resolve bar working, you only see the time you get stunned once and then killed and rage out.

C. Jedi/sith are not the only ones who get knockbacks.  Esentially 3 of the 4 main classes have knockbacks, and I'm not even sure what that last little rant about only jedi's carrying the ball was.  Are you raging about a certain class (tank) tending to carry the ball?  Do you even know?

4. BIG time fail here friend.  You literally stated clearly that your highest character is a level 36.  HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S USELESS AT 50?  Companions are very useful at 50 for doing anything from questing, world PvP, crafting, and everything in between.  They are also VERY useful in flashpoints.  I did the first 4 flashpoints in the game with 1 real life friend and our 2 companions.  Not to mention when someone inevitably ditches your group (fill it with a companion).

5. Saying crafting is useless because you can't sell all the big items is like saying Christmas sucks because I can't sell my presents.  There are massive rewards from the crafting.  What people have forgotten in their ignorance is that crafting in MMO's didn't start out as a way to make money.  It was a way to put forth some effort to receive item rewards, and the crafting definately accomplishes this.

6. Are... you.... insane.  How can you possibly complain about the walktime in this game.  It is by far the easiest and fastest traveling MMO on the market.  Not only do you get a mount at 25, but at level 15 everyone gets an ability that makes you automatically run faster everytime you're out of combat.  Oh yah, then there is the fact that you get a Hearthstone ability AND a fast travel ability.  I mean.... come on man, this is too easy.

7. People have already "finished" everything by actually skipping content.  These people powerleveled and skipped story events to get to the endgame.  Bioware has already announced huge content patches coming soon.  Once again, it's been like 2 weeks since release...

8. This is your one and only valid point.  You should change the title of your post to 8, because it's the only one worth reading.  The game has targeting issues in PvP especially and is pretty buggy in general.  Although I don't think you are realizing the fact that this was probably the smoothest launch for an MMO of this scale in a long loooooong time.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Oh man, you do not want to go there...there are soooooo many annoying posters on here that it's difficult to choose a "most".

The only way we keep a lid on the explosion is to never mention it.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Chivalry1978Chivalry1978 Member Posts: 184

ok so you dont like game awesome go play wow or wait till next sept for gw2.

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

At least I'm going to enjoy the coming 3 weeks, and never see this game again, I'd rather play Aria online or something, at least I can change my entire class whenever I want lol.

All in All, the reason I said this game will end up like rift, is subscribers wise, the only ones who will remain will be the fanbois who have their brains locked, as for me i'll just go back to battlefield 3, and wait for diablo 3.

Heh, interesting. You start off your original post about 'not trying to bash' and then you go ahead and do it and insult those who actually enjoy the game because...oh no...they have a different 'opinion' than you? I like the game myself and I hardly consider myself a fanbois (which is a rather silly term as it is) since I had to be convinced to even give it a try after I beta'd the game. Not everyone has similar taste and not everyone wishes to view the game in the manner of YOUR choosing. I don't understand what is so difficult for people to understand about this. You didn't enjoy it? That's unfortunate and I hope you find something you seek. But I'm not going to sit here and try to label or bash you because you personally did not enjoy a game. That's downright silly.

In any case, some of your points are valid. Of course like others stated I hardly expect everything to be in a game that just launched. Warzones are a good example. What game that has not been centered totally around PvP comes out with those elements heavily? Not many. So to expect something more right from release to me is a bit pushing it. You expect it to be added though in a future patch.

The issue you stated in flashpoints, I didn't have it at all in any party I have been in so not sure about that one. Sorry you had that experience. Dual spec doesn't bother me at all but I know it does many others. They have already went on record saying it will be implemented soon after launch. And the chances it ends up like Rift are very...very slim. The are more people who actually enjoy the game that do not. It has a stronger fanbase also due to simply being Star Wars. And believe it or not for many it won't be because they have their 'brains locked'. It will be because they actually enjoy the game.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Originally posted by Icewhite

Oh man, you do not want to go there...there are soooooo many annoying posters on here that it's difficult to choose a "most".

The only way we keep a lid on the explosion is to never mention it.

Or the "I'm above it all and better than you" posters who rarely give an actual input into a discussion and only come around to belittle others and their POV's. Yeah I just went there. He made valid points and they mirror what others have said as well so I see more than just one persons griping.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• SnikzSnikz Member UncommonPosts: 120

Goood..

Then hopefully we can one less poster here on mmorpg.com on how crappy the game is.

The game is good with lot of bugs, but not gamebreaking. imo atleast

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by FlawSGI

Or the "I'm above it all and better than you" posters who rarely give an actual input into a discussion and only come around to belittle others and their POV's. Yeah I just went there. He made valid points and they mirror what others have said as well so I see more than just one persons griping.

Tu Quoque.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

I disagree. In fact, the NPC conversations are one of the main reasons I am still greatly enjoying the game. It has never started to feel like a grind for me because I actually care about what is going on in my character's story. I can't say the same about the storyline in any other game and the NPC conversations are a big part of that. But if you don't like them, fine. The spacebar is your friend.

Personally I don't mind this. When I am grouping with people that haven't seen certain content yet, I expect that they will want to watch the cutscene. Its not a big deal. At most you will be waiting a couple minutes to continue the pew pew.

This is actually a strength in my opinion. RIFT's system is crazy imbalanced and many of the abilities are copies of each other with different graphics. I found the system so horrible that I quit that game after about two weeks of playing. The way they did it in SWTOR, this will not happen. Everything can be precisely balanced and fine-tuned.

Flashpoints are not a joke if you aren't fail. I haven't had trouble completing any of them if I am on my game. I play both a tank and a healer and I find them to be quite enjoyable. They are supposed to be hard and it SHOULD be that way. Otherwise, WTH is the point!?

I agree that PVP could use some work. There should be warzones with higher player numbers. However, I don't agree with you that the sith and jedi classes own everything. If you know how to play your class, you will do well.

Honestly don't understand this comment. Companions are NOT useless. And you should never take them to flashpoints. Flashpoints are meant to be completed by full groups of players, not NPCs.

I will agree with you that the items that can be made currently are not very useful in most situations. However, I think the crafting system itself is pretty awesome and am enjoying it much more than in any other game.

Oh come on... seriously!? This is an MMORPG. There is going to be a certain amount of traveling involved in getting from point A to B. What do you want... a lobby game with instant travel to everything? No thanks...

WOW has more content because it is a 7 year old game. I do not agree that a single expansion has more content than SWTOR by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe a single WOW expansion has more bulk generic kill X, fetch Y quests, but SWTOR makes up for that in quest quality any day.

Exaggerate much? This game JUST came out and it is in better shape than pretty much any other game I have played at release. Maybe RIFT's launch compares in terms of polish and stability, but not in terms of quality in my opinion.

All of this sums up at how bad this game really is, story lines? good finished in 15 days...then what?

If you have finished all of the story content in this game in 15 days, you're doing it wrong.

Now let me ask a final question...What is an MMO? a massive multiplayer online game right? where on earth does SWTOR fit that descriotion if groups are made out of 4 players, PVP of 8, and the biggest raid is only 16 players...how can this be massively multiplayer online game? where's the massive in a maximum of 16 players playing together? and of 4 questing together? and of 8 PVPing together? where? even battlefield has more player count than this...this is just the biggest joke on earth.

A massive multiplayer game requires many people playing together in a single online world. SWTOR fits this description. It does not have anything to do with group size.

TLDR: Basically I disagree with you on almost every point.