Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how far did you reach?

Comments

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Originally posted by Ginaz
    40 BH
    16 SI
    10 IA
    10 SW
    5 Trooper
    5 JK

I've been playing pretty steadily since 16 Dec. and I've actually rushed with my BH by skipping some content and only do 2 flashpoints.  I should be able to get him to 50 by the end of the week and then start to do some of the higher end content while slowly leveling an alt.  I intend to take my time with my next character, probably the SI, and do more group content while doing as much of the quest content as I can.  Skipped a lot of Quesh, Hoth and Tatooine and plan on going through and completing more the second time through.

Just out of curiosity and it has been bugging me since seeing so many players levelling this fast:

How are you getting so much XP by skipping everything? Is it just grinding elite mobs?

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Got a nearly 50 Op (healing) with some other alts all 20 and below. 

I have to say that the story driven thing is FANTASTIC.  No, you probably couldn't make a movie from the story but it's a surprisingly good attempt at changing the PvE grind into something that seems more interactive.

PvP is not really that great.  Hutball is a good rendition on the standard CTF's, though.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Originally posted by Moaky07

Originally posted by tom_gore

Smuggler 11

Then I got bored out of my mind and uninstalled.

So we are to believe you actually bought the game, and yet you make posts like this....

"I, in my completely self-interest angle, hope that SWTOR will sink so the major developers stop pushing out WoW-clones out of the tube and try to give us something new and interesting to play."

Nah I would say you are another sandbox fan, and simply here to stir shit. That smuggler, if indeed you even had one, would of happened during a test weekend.

Since you're interested.

I played in two weekend betas before the launch. Those were boring enough to convince me that I will not buy this game.

Fate tempted me though, as my colleague gave me a copy of the retail box free of charge (the box was damaged and thus not resellable). I thought I'd give it another spin.

Couple hours and 11 levels later (with a different class too, to taste some of SWTOR's "diversity") I'm again bored out of my mind. Kept the game on my HDD for a few more days, but since during those days I felt absolutely ZERO interest to play the game I finally uninstalled.

So yes, my opinion is maybe a bit biased because I didn't spend a single cent on the game, but I'm not quite convinced my opinion would differ much if I had blown 60 bucks for this pile of crap. Might be I'd be even more bitter.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Smuggler 11

So we are to believe you actually bought the game, and yet you make posts like this....

"I, in my completely self-interest angle, hope that SWTOR will sink so the major developers stop pushing out WoW-clones out of the tube and try to give us something new and interesting to play."

Nah I would say you are another sandbox fan, and simply here to stir shit. That smuggler, if indeed you even had one, would of happened during a test weekend.

Since you're interested.

I played in two weekend betas before the launch. Those were boring enough to convince me that I will not buy this game.

Fate tempted me though, as my colleague gave me a copy of the retail box free of charge (the box was damaged and thus not resellable). I thought I'd give it another spin.

Couple hours and 11 levels later (with a different class too, to taste some of SWTOR's "diversity") I'm again bored out of my mind. Kept the game on my HDD for a few more days, but since during those days I felt absolutely ZERO interest to play the game I finally uninstalled.

So yes, my opinion is maybe a bit biased because I didn't spend a single cent on the game, but I'm not quite convinced my opinion would differ much if I had blown 60 bucks for this pile of crap. Might be I'd be even more bitter.

Hah called it. So now you played on a free account.  By your own words, you have a vested interest in wanting this game to fail, and we are supposed to take what you say as gospel?  You got any more BS you wanna shovel us? 

Your sandbox forums are that way------>

You have no credibility here.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

Hah called it. So now you played on a free account.  By your own words, you have a vested interest in wanting this game to fail, and we are supposed to take what you say as gospel?  You got any more BS you wanna shovel us? 

Umm no. I stated my opinion that I got only to level 11 and I got bored.

You don't believe that?

You make no sense.

Umm no. I stated my opinion that I got only to level 11 and I got bored.

You don't believe that?

You make no sense.

What doesnt make sense is someone taking an active role in hating on something they have no financial interest in.

Instead it is simply a case of "I cant have what I want, so I am gonna sling shit on someone elses game".

Folks like you are the worst types on message boards. Misery luvs company, and we have a whole crew of ya on the TOR forums. Like I stated, your sandbox forums are in another castle, and if you wanna take Wormy and a few other long time complainers with ya, we sure wont lose any sleep.

The TL;DR version is your shit is old....give it a rest. Your posting history concurs.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

Instead it is simply a case of "I cant have what I want, so I am gonna sling shit on someone elses game".

No it's more a case of "I'm bored at work and the only active threads on my favourite MMO site are about that dumbed down shit game."

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984

Originally posted by Vegetto

Originally posted by Ginaz

40 BH

16 SI

10 IA

10 SW

5 Trooper

5 JK

I've been playing pretty steadily since 16 Dec. and I've actually rushed with my BH by skipping some content and only do 2 flashpoints.  I should be able to get him to 50 by the end of the week and then start to do some of the higher end content while slowly leveling an alt.  I intend to take my time with my next character, probably the SI, and do more group content while doing as much of the quest content as I can.  Skipped a lot of Quesh, Hoth and Tatooine and plan on going through and completing more the second time through.

Just out of curiosity and it has been bugging me since seeing so many players levelling this fast:

How are you getting so much XP by skipping everything? Is it just grinding elite mobs?

The first  5-10 levels arent a problem as in most games. Since you know all the machanics, merchands, tariners and space port doors form your main its even faster to go there.

No it's more a case of "I'm bored at work and the only active threads on my favourite MMO site are about that dumbed down shit game."

Yeah so lets sling shit. Real mature there Tom.

You have made it known what your opinion is.....quite often in fact. It goes against the TOS, on this site, but I suppose you cant help yourself eh?

Like I said...the worst type of posters on the net. I will be damned if I would let jealousy influence me into trolling a game board because it is popular. Which is all it is Tom.....sadness that there are no sandboxes for joo, Wormy, Taela, and several others.

Carry on.....cause like I said, your credibilty here is shot. Your opinions about themeparks mean nothing. Simply a hater.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Smuggler 11

It's Smuggler.  I got my BH to 50 and loved it all.  Played a new smuggler and am struggling to get past level 7, it just feels slow and boring.  Heck, my Imperial Agent feels 10 times better to play.  I think it's the story.  At least at low levels.  Hopefully smuggler gets better.

You really should have at least tried a different class or 2 before just uninstalling.  

To answer the OP:

Bounty Hunter - 50 

Trooper - 22

Operative - 13

Assassin - 13

Marauder - 12

Juggernaught, Smuggler - 7

bunch of 1s, still trying to find my next main, hehe.  Leaning toward Marauder or Operative.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by elocke

Smuggler 11

It's Smuggler.  I got my BH to 50 and loved it all.  Played a new smuggler and am struggling to get past level 7, it just feels slow and boring.  Heck, my Imperial Agent feels 10 times better to play.  I think it's the story.  At least at low levels.  Hopefully smuggler gets better.

You really should have at least tried a different class or 2 before just uninstalling.  

Why? 

He wanted to play a smuggler, smuggler was boring, he uninstalled.

If I rolled a mage in dragon age and found out that the story/gameplay is boring, i'd uninstall, i wouldn't force myself to play a melee class instead just to "give it a chance".

If its a role playing game, in the sense of computer games, where you follow a predetermined role, the role i want to play better be interesting to grab my attention.

But thats how SWTOR is, the class-stories are just hit and miss, and so the experience people are having is hit and miss.

Thats the problem of having all eggs in one basket.

• DemandmanDemandman Member Posts: 57

Level 26 Mercenary before I opened my eyes.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Originally posted by Axxar

Juggernaut (Immortal) level 37.

Mercenary (Arsenal) level 31.

I'm thinking of rolling a new Merc though since I regret picking a female character.

Heh, I kinda have the opposite feeling with my Juggernaut, wish I went female since you basically never see a female Sith or Jedi in the movies, and much of the personal story is a bit movie like so it would be nice for a change / to see. I'll propably try it on Inquisitor. Though I get to flirt with Vette and my apprentice with a male char which is ofcourse a bonus for occasional lols.

Anyway, played so far:

Merc 25

Powertech 25

Tried warrior just to coop with friend's Inq Korriban but fell in love with the story (and Vette :P) so he became my main currently at 35

Sniper 13

Originally posted by AdamTM

Smuggler 11

Why? 

If I rolled a mage in dragon age and found out that the story/gameplay is boring, i'd uninstall, i wouldn't force myself to play a melee class instead just to "give it a chance".

If its a role playing game, in the sense of computer games, where you follow a predetermined role, the role i want to play better be interesting to grab my attention.

But thats how SWTOR is, the class-stories are just hit and miss, and so the experience people are having is hit and miss.

Lets put a little context on that though....

He hates themeparks, he got a free game, and didnt like it.

Yet like most the folks that show up here to bitch, you have taken something and run with it like a gospel.

I will speak for myself thank you very much. Dont need ya to give my impressions for me. I love RPGs, and I love this game.

Smuggler 11

I also tried the Trooper during the beta weekends and that was even more boring. It's not really the story. The story missions were pretty ok to be honest. It was everything else - the sidequests, the combat, the level progression, even the Warzones (yeah I played a few of them too). All of it was really, really boring.

And no, I'm not a themepark hater, even if Moaky07 in his blind fanboyism tries to tell himself (because god forbid if the game he loves would not be perfect for ANYONE). I played WoW for a year when it launched and another 8 months after cataclysm. Could be that I'm just bored of generic themepark MMOs in general at the moment, but it doesn't change the fact that I find SWTOR boring.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Smuggler 11

I also tried the Trooper during the beta weekends and that was even more boring. It's not really the story. The story missions were pretty ok to be honest. It was everything else - the sidequests, the combat, the level progression, even the Warzones (yeah I played a few of them too). All of it was really, really boring.

And no, I'm not a themepark hater, even if Moaky07 in his blind fanboyism tries to tell himself (because god forbid if the game he loves would not be perfect for ANYONE). I played WoW for a year when it launched and another 8 months after cataclysm. Could be that I'm just bored of generic themepark MMOs in general at the moment, but it doesn't change the fact that I find SWTOR boring.

Ord Mantell is a dull planet, probably the worst in the game. Gunslinger/Sniper are dull classes to play as too, stand still and use charge/channeled abilities, until either mob or your character is dead.

Scoundrel/Operative is more fun to play, but I, and I suspect a few others, were looking for a something beyond a stealth/melee/rogue/healer from the Smuggler.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

I am sticking with 1 to 50 to begin with, love alts though so looking forward to next one.

Currently just a Merc at 48, next will play a Sith Inquisitor Sorceror.

I have made 2 of each empire, so I will try each class through male, female, dark & light, plus have 1 of each crafter. Long term plan anyway, Armormech on Merc, will go Synthweaver on Sorceror, then I have a base to gear up all the companions & alts with.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by AdamTM

Smuggler 11

Why? 

You really have not played SWTOR, have you?  If he found the Smuggler boring, he could have rolled a Trooper, BH, or IA and made it into the character he wanted through choices.  DA is not like that.  In DA there is one main plot for all classes.  IN SWTOR, there are 8 main plots.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Originally posted by bobfish

Ord Mantell is a dull planet, probably the worst in the game. Gunslinger/Sniper are dull classes to play as too, stand still and use charge/channeled abilities, until either mob or your character is dead.

Scoundrel/Operative is more fun to play, but I, and I suspect a few others, were looking for a something beyond a stealth/melee/rogue/healer from the Smuggler.

Good choice to put the most boring planet to the beginning of the game, eh? :)

Good choice to put the most boring planet to the beginning of the game, eh? :)

Totally don't understand why the planet is so dull compared to the rest, maybe they made it first and didn't bother to go back when they had more experience and improve it.

Tython is pretty dull too. Korriban, the last of the starter worlds they made is so much better than the others. Shame really.

Still, as a Smuggler you only have to get through Ord Mantell and Coruscant before you can go to a great planet like Taris... just 15 levels.

Still, as a Smuggler you only have to get through Ord Mantell and Coruscant before you can go to a great planet like Taris... just 15 levels.

Unfortunately as a "married with children" gamer my playtime is seriously limited and getting bored from grinding levels in hope of something better is not something I'm willing to invest into :)

And as said, I don't think the basic game concept (decent/good main story, boring sidequests) will change much on the other planets.

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

I got as far as the 3rd planet with both my Imp and Rep characters:

Apart from the woods of Tython so far they are either a warzone (Taris, Ord Mantell, Dromand Kass) or a mega city (Coruscant, Na Shaddaa). I'm hoping for more variety as I go on. Be nice to see some scenery are calm areas like in LOTRO. Maybe on Hoth or Alderaan?

• StrumikerStrumiker Member UncommonPosts: 31

Wife and I played in one beta weekend and decided to at least give it a try on release. We dumped the $120 for our copies and played till 20, Guardian & Sage. We listened to all the VOs, did crafting, a couple warzones, and the flashpoint... we tried, but it simply was not worth our time to continue playing. We would rather go gameless than pay for the sub that will start in the next couple of weeks :)

• StruggsStruggs Member Posts: 205

I have a 50 smuggler.

I thought the personal story was great. I did struggle a little enjoying pvp through some of the early levels, but other then that I love'd playing it.

I have a 21 Trooper who is fun to mess around with.

26 Sage, also fun and I'm enjoying the story so far. (Trying to do a healing spec while leveling and having no issues with it so far)

I also have a 12 sentinel. This was my first alt and so far the combat style hasn't been to my liking.

If I could go back and start all over, I would make the same choice I made to begin with. I struggled between the smugglers ACs gunslinger or scoundrel. I finally went with scoundrel bc's if worse came to worse I could always go heal. I have loved playing a scrapper and am starting to been more dynamic then a hit and run stealther and learning to use my range attacks to more of an advantage.

This is just my take on it.

imageimage

Originally posted by Matt_UK

I got as far as the 3rd planet with both my Imp and Rep characters:

Apart from the woods of Tython so far they are either a warzone (Taris, Ord Mantell, Dromand Kass) or a mega city (Coruscant, Na Shaddaa). I'm hoping for more variety as I go on. Be nice to see some scenery are calm areas like in LOTRO. Maybe on Hoth or Alderaan?

Bit hard to have kill quests without anything to kill, or a reason to kill.

Every planet you go to in SWTOR has some element of war/insurrection/conflict that needs to be dealt with. You don't get sent to quiet peaceful places, because you're not needed at them.