Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price Drop starts now

1235»

Comments

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by wormywyrm

Wow that is a really early price drop.  I think I originally said a few weeks back taht I predict price will start going down after 2 months, not less than 1.  Also that it would be free to play late 2012 or early 2013.  Lets find out!

Wormy

If you are going to comment on something, at least take the time to read. Amazon has not discounted the game. Some individual company did.

Eventually Amazon will discount it. That is the way it goes with games, but the OP is not even misleading, it is entirely false.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• jonezi92jonezi92 Member Posts: 224

Wouldnt hurt if anyone knows where i can buy a copy for under £44.99 >.< 

thats F****** rediculous, i dont understand the logic

This game should be around £29.95

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Mouky,

Check out amazon.com and you can see the lowered price for yourself.  I just looked at it.  The game has 3.5 stars on amazon right now too, that is pretty good.  I guess players haven't had time to try the game fully yet.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

all prices went up again even on ebay the lowest is 49 USD.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

Originally posted by nachofoot

Originally posted by Astralglide

Of course they're dropping the price already. This is a SUBSCRIPTION game! They want the $15/mo from as many people as they can! The people who were willing to pay $60 (myself included) for the game have already bought it and now they will slowly drop the price to maximize their paying customer base. It's not a sign of failure, but a sign of good marketing.

Its a case of the retailer thinking the game is worth more than actual market price.  In this case, the difference is ~$20.  In one month, the price will drop another $10-15 easily.  They just topped 1 million subscribers.  However, that means over 1 / 3rd or 600,000 players cancelled their pre-order.

Players are just angry that they paid $60 for a game that's now worth much less.  They're also angry that anyone DARES to put down their game.  I saw the same when AoC launched.

Looking at MetaCritic, the game receives an 87 critic score and a 6.1 user score.  It is about 5th best rated right now.  Skyrim is #1 at most gaming sites and should be classified as Game of the Year.

[Mod Edit]

Then they don't understand the concept of a subscription service. The value and cost to conusmers of a subscription model service is hardly in the initial investment. $60 to buy the game pales in comparrison to the $180/ year I'll be paying for who knows how long. If people feel they got ripped off for paying $60 for the game but are happily paying close to $200/year to play it, then they need to take a math class.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• bloodbonebloodbone Member Posts: 142

$50 - $60 is a lot of money? Really?

Either most of you posters work at walmart / 7-11 or some other joke of a job ... in which case fair enough

or your very...very cheap!   

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by bloodbone

$50 - $60 is a lot of money? Really?

Either most of you posters work at walmart / 7-11 or some other joke of a job ... in which case fair enough

or your very...very cheap!   

Or they actually care where their money goes.  60 bucks is a tank of gas for me so really its nothing to spend that on a game but I still hate it even if its 20 dollars if I do not feel there was real value there.

$60 that's it? cost me $78 to fill my truck.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• HatewallHatewall Member Posts: 120

$29.95 and I am in. $60+ is too much for any sub game imo.