Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how far did you reach?

Comments

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Originally posted by Calerxes
    I got one toon at 23 Sith Sorcerer.

Now I love gaming but I limite my sessions to roughly to 2/4 hours a day per game but really don't play more than two games a day when I'm off, so looking at these numbers you guys are putting up is quite a bit of a shock to me so a question....

When you put that many hours into a game espescially alts don't you realise that you're going to burn out rather quickly? 

Could this be the source of the dissatisafaction in MMO's these days the dev's just cannot produce enough content to satisfy any of you. As the saying goes all things in moderation.

That's what i was thinking, but yes you are basically looking at 12hr days everyday for alot of these guys, they work in shifts lol.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

50 Sith Assasin

20 Merc

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

I think the reaons why so many people are getting bored of games is because they offer very little challenge to get anywhere.

They old games you did not reach max level in one week. 

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

Originally posted by Vegetto

Now I love gaming but I limite my sessions to roughly to 2/4 hours a day per game but really don't play more than two games a day when I'm off, so looking at these numbers you guys are putting up is quite a bit of a shock to me so a question....

When you put that many hours into a game espescially alts don't you realise that you're going to burn out rather quickly? 

Could this be the source of the dissatisafaction in MMO's these days the dev's just cannot produce enough content to satisfy any of you. As the saying goes all things in moderation.

That's what i was thinking, but yes you are basically looking at 12hr days everyday for alot of these guys, they work in shifts lol.

hehe kinda :)

nah i always have a truckload of days left at the end of the year so i decided to took the entire month of december off.

so with a few days early acces the result is near 50. (or should be 50:P)

Originally posted by xeniar

nah i always have a truckload of days left at the end of the year so i decided to took the entire month of december off.

My playtime total is probably no more than 1.5 days and level 27, which most people managed days before even release, so i suppose that's why im so behind - i just got drunk everyday over xmas lol.

Still, 1 level in 3hrs last night left me scratching my head.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Players will consume content faster than you can produce it. That's a fact.

Even Neverwinter Nights1 which had the most content produced by a single game in the history of games (excluding outright programming languages like C++/C#) could not produce content quick enough for the playerbase.

In SWTOR case however, you are rewarded for grouping for all facets of gameplay.

You kill a mob in a group? You get BONUS exp.

Your partner do a quest? You get BONUS exp even though you did not do the actual quest!

There is literally no reason why you should not group at all.

Why am I saying this? Cause I had a few of my friends all grouped as we just went from one area to the next.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

My playtime total is probably no more than 1.5 days and level 27, which most people managed days before even release, so i suppose that's why im so behind - i just got drunk everyday over xmas lol.

Still, 1 level in 3hrs last night left me scratching my head.

it wil get harder :)

not as hard tho as ive seen in ye old mmo's (eqoa group of 4 spent 2 days (with sleeping and eating break but in general the rest of the weekend) chainkilling gryphons (easy mobs good exp fast to kill)  to got from lvl 48 to 49. and 50 was double the xp needed.

omg! XD

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Juggernaut: 50

Mercenary: 39

Operative: 19

Inquisitor: 9

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• SnikzSnikz Member UncommonPosts: 120

26 Shadow Consular (Hate this one class, should have made a range caster)

19 BH Merc (DPS)

18 Trooper Commando (Healer/DPS)

12 Sith Sorc (Healer)

18 Sith Jugg.

Ive had real trouble selecting what to lvl, but i choose the Jugg and Trooper.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Entropy14

Originally posted by tixylix

To me the Republic is the side for adults and Empire is the side for teens, I just got sick of the whole emo vibe from the Empires story.

Well I am 36 far from a Teen and im loving the empire stories, and im far from EMO, seems a lot of people thing only kids will play the empire, but our guild is all 18+

I am excited to see the Republic storylines, this will come tho a little later , maybe in a couple months.

Same here, the story is much darker on the dark side, and allows for much more immersion. (tough smuggler is fun on the light side)

I have met both the most friendly and most interesting people on the dark side, as the biggest ***** possible, while the light side in general has more relaxed people...

(And i am even older then you, as you where still in kindergarten when i was allready in highschool)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Juggernaut (Immortal) level 37.

Mercenary (Arsenal) level 31.

I'm thinking of rolling a new Merc though since I regret picking a female character.

Originally posted by jpnz

Players will consume content faster than you can produce it. That's a fact.
    Even Neverwinter Nights1 which had the most content produced by a single game in the history of games (excluding outright programming languages like C++/C#) could not produce content quick enough for the playerbase.

In SWTOR case however, you are rewarded for grouping for all facets of gameplay.
    You kill a mob in a group? You get BONUS exp.
    Your partner do a quest? You get BONUS exp even though you did not do the actual quest!
    There is literally no reason why you should not group at all.
    Why am I saying this? Cause I had a few of my friends all grouped as we just went from one area to the next.

Wish i could get a group together, so much more fun.

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

43 - Merc

22 - Sith Ass

16 - Jedi Sage

12 - Jedi Knight

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

no i just wanted to point out that i pretty much detest people who try an MMO for 5 hours because that 5 hours will show you the entire thing right?

but speaking of pointless, pointing out my pointlessness is pretty pointless asswell.

im glad youve joined the club.

Fact is it didn't take longer than that to realize SWTOR is the same old shit we MMO veterans have played over and over again from the early 2000s. Of course some people never get bored of repetition. Good for them (and for the companies who can copy the same game and release it every year with different graphics).

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

Thing is;  My favourite part of the game is the story.  Unfortunately after the first 2 planets the story fades away into near nothing, so at this point the game becomes quite mundane.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Originally posted by tom_gore

no i just wanted to point out that i pretty much detest people who try an MMO for 5 hours because that 5 hours will show you the entire thing right?

but speaking of pointless, pointing out my pointlessness is pretty pointless asswell.

Fact is it didn't take longer than that to realize SWTOR is the same old shit we MMO veterans have played over and over again from the early 2000s. Of course some people never get bored of repetition. Good for them (and for the companies who can copy the same game and release it every year with different graphics).

You can tell if you're gonna like a game within the first 5 mins. If I log in, don't like the UI, sound or graphics then you quickly pick up the general game mechanics and know what the game will be about. Why play a game for even an hour if you aren't having fun? I'm not going to make it to level 50 to decide if I like the game or not lol. Come level 15 you see everything SWTOR has to offer, you'd done battlegrounds, flashpoints, story quests, standard MMO quests, crafting and dabbled with the AH all by then. You really do not want to experience Ilum or Operations atm cause they suck.

• jonchicoinejonchicoine Member Posts: 77

30 sith assasin - then canceled sub

I was underwhelmed with the "graphics" (art style or whatever you want to call it). from the beginning... but for me the gameworld felt closterphobic and dead ...  lifeless ...  I can't put my finger on it.

and for me personally, i felt like i ws spending way too much time surrounded by walls or "invisible" walls. they just failed to create a world that i wanted to "explore" and/or "iive in".

best of luck to the rest of you... i thought the story and voice acting were extemely well done and interesting, but  just not enough ...

-- no immersion (for me at least)

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Smuggler 11

Then I got bored out of my mind and uninstalled.

So we are to believe you actually bought the game, and yet you make posts like this....

"I, in my completely self-interest angle, hope that SWTOR will sink so the major developers stop pushing out WoW-clones out of the tube and try to give us something new and interesting to play."

Nah I would say you are another sandbox fan, and simply here to stir shit. That smuggler, if indeed you even had one, would of happened during a test weekend.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

40 BH

16 SI

10 IA

10 SW

5 Trooper

5 JK

I've been playing pretty steadily since 16 Dec. and I've actually rushed with my BH by skipping some content and only do 2 flashpoints.  I should be able to get him to 50 by the end of the week and then start to do some of the higher end content while slowly leveling an alt.  I intend to take my time with my next character, probably the SI, and do more group content while doing as much of the quest content as I can.  Skipped a lot of Quesh, Hoth and Tatooine and plan on going through and completing more the second time through.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Originally posted by parrotpholk

50 op and now i am done.  Could not do the leveling again if I was paid.

Once more...

"

EVE is targetted at a very tight audience and you need an IQ to play or you will get swallowed up and not to far. SWG problems was it did not know what it wanted to be and kept changing directions all the time. I am not sure that they ever will be a mass market sandbox but I would wager they have better communities on the whole and more loyal subscribers. Most people who play sandboxes play for years not weeks.

TOR is aimed at anyone with a pulse so the amount of people you have to pull into your game is greater than one like EVE where yes the occasional excel spreadsheet is needed."

So we are to believe you bought a game that targeted "anyone with a pulse" according to your own posts?  I promise....I believe ya.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• DahlifyrDahlifyr Member UncommonPosts: 134

I played my Jedi knight to lvl 25 and then decided to not start a subscription to the game. The dead and boring linear worlds and the instancing is what kills it for me.

I play MMO:s couse i like to play in a living breathing world with many other players, but Bioware have somehow managed to just kill that part.

Originally posted by tixylix

You can tell if you're gonna like a game within the first 5 mins. If I log in, don't like the UI, sound or graphics then you quickly pick up the general game mechanics and know what the game will be about. Why play a game for even an hour if you aren't having fun? I'm not going to make it to level 50 to decide if I like the game or not lol. Come level 15 you see everything SWTOR has to offer, you'd done battlegrounds, flashpoints, story quests, standard MMO quests, crafting and dabbled with the AH all by then. You really do not want to experience Ilum or Operations atm cause they suck.

so you log in walk around. 1 thing about the game doesnt go to your liking and your log off again. wow honestly i pity you guys. i never said lvl to lvl 50. but when your lvl 10 and have played for 5 mins you can tell absolutely nothing.

im amazed about people thinking a newly released MMO is bugfree etc. All new mmo's have they quircks. WOW DID TOO alot of them. People don't seem to realise that an MMO has to grow abit things change very rapidly in the first few months. you need to give it a bity of time.

How do you guys judge single player games? omg this croshair i dont like it.. im gonna return the game?

honestly if you quit an MMO after 5 mins you should just quit MMO's entirely or keep playing wow, where apearantly the fun is? (LOL LFR zerg etc...)

21 Jedi

16 Sith Inquisitor

13 Sith Warrior

All the other 13 characters I mainly play are between 5 and 9 lvl, save 2 that under that threshold. I have characters made on 2 other servers, but really dont touch them anymore due to those servers being full a lot at launch.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

38 Operative

14 Mercenary

12 Sorceror

Not been indulging the alt side of things too much. I've run all Flashpoints up to and including the Foundry multiple times, and just got done with Quesh on my main. I've been slacking on warzones, but have had plenty of open world pvp shenannigans to make up for it. I'm parked at the Fleet right now, so I'm guessing I'll run a few more FPs this evening, maybe try Colicoid War Games for the first time (I didn't really do FPs in testing much).