Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It had a good run....bored or just not intrested?

13»

Comments

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

I wished people would drop the "seems you are just burned out on MMOs bro!" argument.

People aren't burned out on MMOs, they are burned out on MMOs that are -the same-

Its astounding how little variety MMOs have on the current market.

• SolarTigerSolarTiger Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by Scypheroth

When i started SWTOR it was the best game ever...then...the fire went out? Could this be annother RIFT?

...About how I felt with Star Trek Online...I could barely muster up the desire to log on by the 4th day of subscription...

But really, if a game is not to your liking, you know someone else out there just adores it...

it's just our own opinions, n'est-ce pas?...

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

it wont last as long as star wars galaxies did, 5 years max and it will be shut down.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Zlayer77

Don't say we dident warn you Bro... Im having a blast reading all they cry babies who bought the game and are now whining like little childrean... 

To me personaly I knew what the game was from the get GO.. do your homework before buying a game...

I did not buy it because I knew it was not for me.. took me about 30m of Internet reserch to come to that conclusion...

There looks to be alot of people that are having fun in the game, but Im guessing they got exacly what they expected or Wanted..

Ps the reason you are getting bored is because you done it all before, Swtor plays like every other post 2004 MMO, battlegrounds, instances, solo friendly, Raids, quests, zones and tank and spank.. No big Inovations..

Personaly Im having alot more fun playing Skryim then any Modern MMO, better grafics better story, no level cap stress, no item grind etc etc, world evolves and changes.. And when im bored of that I go back to EvE to only true living Massive MULTIPLAYER  game left on the market.. the rest are just solo games disguised as mmos..

hehe this

+ mass solofication and overcasualization and automation - helps to get initial playerbase higher ,but make peopl leave in droves after few months tops.

History from War , AoC, Rift , etc  will repeat itself.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by ctacconi21

<>

I can't wait for 20 january, so free months end, and the free haters can leave and go back, to wow, or the craptastic fp2 mmorpgs.

Have people forgotten about the other titles that came before SWTOR?

Be careful what you wish for.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by nblitz

<>

I can't wait for 20 january, so free months end, and the free haters can leave and go back, to wow, or the craptastic fp2 mmorpgs.

You know, first its

"Fuck off haters, if you don't like it don't play it!!!!!"

Then after everyone leaves its

"OMG you noobs, why didn't you give it a chance!?!?!?!?!"

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

<>

Rift is a great example. Its official forum was filled with people saying "Go back to WoW!!". Well, not sure where most people went, but they certainly did leave. I just went back to single player games with far more depth. Tried SWTOR, and I will be extremely surprised if it doesn't suffer the same fate as Rift.  Single player games are more fun, cheaper, and you can experience all the content without waiting for a healer and tank to show up.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

I am 21 and am bored.  Not even sure if it's the game's fault, but I just can't stay logged in for long.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

Originally posted by Golelorn

<>

Rift is a great example. Its official forum was filled with people saying "Go back to WoW!!". Well, not sure where most people went, but they certainly did leave. I just went back to single player games with far more depth. Tried SWTOR, and I will be extremely surprised if it doesn't suffer the same fate as Rift.  Single player games are more fun, cheaper, and you can experience all the content without waiting for a healer and tank to show up.

Im starting to really like the dungeon crawler type games again.  They have a decent story line, can be soloed and its fun, plus i can play with friends and don't need a whole SLEW of em to do all the content in the game.  Maybe I am just getting sick of MMO's but I seriously can't find one that I really like any more, although I will admit I was able to get into AOC and its end game.

• FadernFadern Member Posts: 37

I too am bored of Swtor, to me it all came down to the combat, where I think Rift and Wow is 10¤times more fun. Swtors combat is sofar the worst combat I've ever played, and to me this is the most important part.

Sure some dialoges were sorta fun for a minute or two, but in the end they all felt the same, pirates who attacked us and you need to go there and kill them before we are all doomed!!!!

The questing was abit fresh in the start but in the end it's the same quests as in Rift, Wow, Aion or any other mmorgp I've played, go there kill 20 bad guys, press 5 boxes only with the boring quest desciption dialoged instead of in text form. Just that in Swtor, it takes you longer to do those quests, where in the end just feels even worse that for example Wow or Rift.

Swtor has a certain charm, it will be a great game for alot of people if they can fix some things and get the combat decent. But it will never be a game for players like me who like a action combat game, and it will never ever ever be a decent pvp game.

Furthermore I do not like the forced companion system, don't like the crafting, don't like the art style, don't like the time spending running in haleways and I don't like the time it takes for you to travel to new planets or just to the next quest.

I am currently back playing Rift btw....

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Phry

Originally posted by JPTX

Well guys been playing since the 20th and it has happend...burn out! I have a lvl 25 bonty hunter and well now it just feels liek a huge task to even turn the game on and play it. Today i only played 1hr and it was forced...i donno but ive gotten tot the point where EVERY quest is the same thing...also as far as end game from what i been hearing from lvl 50's in my guild its not the best...only 2 things to do is raid and pvp.

ill playe it till the end of Jan where my paid sub begins but if it dont catch me back in guess it will be thrown in my closet with the rest of my old games...cant wait till D3...played the beta and loved it...seems to have been the only game to hold my intrest in the past year.

When i started SWTOR it was the best game ever...then...the fire went out? Could this be annother RIFT?

I'd suggest you try the following - install any other MMO that you happen to own already (ideally one that you can also create a free trial account) and play it for a week (at the same pace you've been playing SW:TOR).  Then see if you feel differently about any of those games.

You may just be tired of MMO's.  I know that when I feel the way that you do right now, it usually just means I'm burned out on the genre completely.  I go play FPS's for a few weeks/months, or my Xbox, or quit gaming altogether.  Then I come back.

good advice for anyone who has 'overdone' the MMO thing.. how many people play various games for 5 or 6 hours a day and then wonder why after a few days.. or even weeks.. they feel burned out..  sometimes i think its important to maintain a hobby that doesnt involve using computers.. and to self monitor computer useage and try and set a daily or weekly limit.. image

I played FFXI from 4-6 hours a day, almost every day at times, sometimes more than that in a sitting on weekends, and that game kept me hooked for over 7 years.

I played Lineage 2 for over 4 years, playing 4-6 hours a day, sometimes more.

I played EQ2 for a couple years overall, putting in the same amount of hours, etc. 

I played Anarchy Online well over a year, almost solid, playing 4-6 hours a day, sometimes more.

Mind you, I played all these games during the same time period that WoW and its spin-offs were around, so it wasn't an "either/or" situation. At times I had active subs to more than one.

By comparison, with LoTRO, WAR, Rift, WoW and myriad other MMOs to come out in the last 6 years or so, I've been burned out on them and was ready to take a break after only a couple hours most days. I lost all interest and walked away from them entirely after a couple months, if that long.

Right now I'm really getting into Istaria and enjoying how deep and expansive the gameplay is once you get past the new player/tutorial content and start really digging in. It's capturing that same sense of being an adventurer in a massive and dangerous world (and Istaria *is* dangerous, make no mistake; those mobs don't mess around)... It's an experience I realize I got in those earlier MMOs I listed that kept me playing from 1-7 years and has been greatly missing in the latter group, which kept me interested for a few months, at most.

I'm not burned out on the genre. I'm burned out on the half-hearted and derivative "we want a piece of the pie, too" offerings coming from developers since WoW hit the scene in 2004.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

im enjoying swtor alot. plenty of action. warzones need a bit of fixing with the delay (and its not latency based).

done a few world bosses with guild which are really good fun. as long as there are star wars fans there is always going to be a player base.

i only see guild wars 2 with any sort of innovation. other then that i dont know what you people want for 'different'???

unless you want a game to be like .HACK which u jack into the world o.O hahaha even then it wouldnt be good enough for some

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Its a shame you are bored, I am having the time of my life, I have played just about all the majors and a good many of the minors and this holds my interest like no other. I love the nastiness of the Sith, the poitical intrigue, the dark side points and the social points, the backstabbing, and the combat is fun the music great.  Its a shame you dont get it, but dont feel bad, i cant stand Eve and there are people who love it.  You are not a story person, I would stay away from any of biowares titles and go for more twitch action if I were you

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452

People fall into the whirlwind generated by the hype machince.

I am enjoying the game. I bought it with expectations and the game is delivering where I thought it should. It has plenty of drawbacks. But I compare the drawbacks and faults based on what is out there that I could play, not some ideal.

In regards to polished? SWTOR isn't polished yet. They have a long way to go. There are too many clunky and off parts. Too many issues, bugs and overlooked features. It doesn't bother me. I expect it from a company green to the MMO scene.

I work around the little problems because there doesn't seem to be a lot of major problems.

I've not gotten to end game. But I can tell you that I wont get bored so quickly. If all else fails, I can go holocron hunting.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

A good run is years.....not months

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095

Originally posted by Eir_S

Originally posted by Mannish

The #1 thing I take from this is that I really belive that Bioware had the best chance to  put the mmo industry back on track and get it out of the hole its been in the last 8 years. image

Why?  Because they make good single player games?  I never had the confidence some people did in them to get it out of the so-called hole.  People I know are solo'ing the content upwards of level 40 now.  It's not an MMO in my opinion, but it seems to make a great... well, whatever it is.

What bullshit. They are soloing regular quests and their class quests, but they are not soloing the 2+ and 4+ heroic ones, and don't even think for one minute they are being honest if they say they are doing flashpoints or killing world bosses solo. The fun thing about this game is that grouping for quests is more abundent than any other mmo i have ever played, including the craptastic WOW. This game may be lacking in certain things at the moment until Bioware patches them in, but to call TOR anything other than a MMORPG, is flat out just not correct.

To the OP, hey, this game was never meant to please everyone's taste in gaming. You tried it, it's not for you, just move on and take the drama with you.

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310

Originally posted by Fadern

Furthermore I do not like the forced companion system, don't like the crafting, don't like the art style, don't like the time spending running in haleways and I don't like the time it takes for you to travel to new planets or just to the next quest.

1. There is no "forced companion". You do realize you can dismiss your companion, right?

2. Crafting is lackluster. Fair enough.

3. Ok, your opinion.

3. "time spending running in haleways"? What? Did you mean "time spent running in hallways"? It isn't very much.

4. Seriously? You can get from one planet to another in literally 5 minutes max from anywhere. You have quick travel AND "Fleet Emergency Pass" or you could die and simply get brought back at a med center, there are speeder taxi points all over. You just take the taxi to the port, get on your ship, click your destination and watch a 3 second animation of hyperspace and you've arrived.

If anything, interplanetary travel is ludicrously short. If they would patch in ANYTHING to do on board your ship, I would be completely supportive of them making flight time between planets last at least a couple minutes.

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

news update!!!!

i have found a new MMO...Xsyon

L8tly Sandbox games have been doing the job for me...nice change from the average MMORPG and i must say...

Xsyon is probly the most in dept sandbox i have played....not saying the the best sandbox ever but its the best i have played...

sandbox players i highly suggest u try this game out....it being updated regularily and new things added all the time. small company but there dedicated unlike sumone else *caugh cagugh MO and Darkfall caugh caugh*

though darkfall is a good game just needs a few teaks here n there but there gawd awful slow at it...

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

news update!!!!
    i have found a new MMO...Xsyon
    L8tly Sandbox games have been doing the job for me...nice change from the average MMORPG and i must say...
    Xsyon is probly the most in dept sandbox i have played....not saying the the best sandbox ever but its the best i have played...

sandbox players i highly suggest u try this game out....it being updated regularily and new things added all the time. small company but there dedicated unlike sumone else *caugh cagugh MO and Darkfall caugh caugh*
    though darkfall is a good game just needs a few teaks here n there but there gawd awful slow at it...

I think you have MMO-ADD ;)

Good luck with Xsyon

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• FadernFadern Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by Uronksur

Originally posted by Fadern

1. There is no "forced companion". You do realize you can dismiss your companion, right?

2. Crafting is lackluster. Fair enough.

3. Ok, your opinion.

3. "time spending running in haleways"? What? Did you mean "time spent running in hallways"? It isn't very much.

4. Seriously? You can get from one planet to another in literally 5 minutes max from anywhere. You have quick travel AND "Fleet Emergency Pass" or you could die and simply get brought back at a med center, there are speeder taxi points all over. You just take the taxi to the port, get on your ship, click your destination and watch a 3 second animation of hyperspace and you've arrived.

If anything, interplanetary travel is ludicrously short. If they would patch in ANYTHING to do on board your ship, I would be completely supportive of them making flight time between planets last at least a couple minutes.

1. I am lvl 37 in the game and I wouldn't have made it there without my companion. I hate pet classes and every single class in Swtor is one, sure you can say I could dismiss but then I woulnd't be able to kill bosses or doing anything hard out in he world.

4. I guess you refer too ?, yeah ofcourse hallways, my spelling is bad sometimes. 1/3 of the planets I've been to was made up alone by long hallways, not very creative if you ask me.

5. I got a few quests go to that planet, do one quest and get back and it took like 30min+++ to complete for one single quest, 5 of those spending in loading screens. To me that is to long, I like a fast game, though I ofc understand if this is not everyones opinion.