Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chart Track place ToR at number 2 on full priced PC games charts [Mod Edit]

This is only relating to the uk sales .

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015 

many articles are quoting this chart to prove there been a huge slip in sales of ToR in the UK but in actual fact you have to bair in mind this is cross platform and many people like myself buy a few cheap games in the sales

If you do a little research you ll find the same website also has a pc games chart for full priced games

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110022 

This makes it clear ToR may have slipped one position to the ever popular football manager ( which is always big in the uk you americans would call it soccer manager its also a game unlikly to have much of an effect in other regions )

Not sure if you take this into consideration  "Retail Sales Plummet in the UK" is paticulary accurate .

After all slipping on chart place in it own platform doesn't have quite the same ring to it . Does it ? Especially when you consider how many people are getting bargains like Dead Island for half price in the sales .

Comments

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Last time I checked, PC gamers do also have consoles which can take their time away from an MMO. Something that should be considered.

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

You and I know the game is huge in the UK because Star Wars has such deep roots there, sadly people just try and twist reality to suit their own needs.

Thanks for posting actual information to combat the shills and their hate machine, millions of subs is alot of money and it's clear that people are fighting over those dollars.

The servers continue to fill, more are being brought online, but it's a huge flop to hear it told by some here.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by Sector13

Last time I checked, PC gamers do also have consoles which can take their time away from an MMO. Something that should be considered.

True but it is still quite sensationalistic and misleading .

I guess it makes a good headline .

Originally posted by rdrpappy

You and I know the game is huge in the UK because Star Wars has such deep roots there, sadly people just try and twist reality to suit their own needs.

Thanks for posting actual information to combat the shills and their hate machine, millions of subs is alot of money and it's clear that people are fighting over those dollars.

The servers continue to fill, more are being brought online, but it's a huge flop to hear it told by some here.

I agree . I was suprised to see mmorpg.com not do its homework a bit better on this though . Nowhere in the article did they mention the PC games chart and the slippage of 1 place to a football manager game which always sells huge numbers in the UK .

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

How about my TV time, it comes in on the same cable I use for my internet...means its related right, we can consider it too right? How about my Kindle, its an electronic entertainment device which takes up my time, maybe we should consider it too.

I agree with the OP, saying it slips just because it slips on a platform which it isnt even offered on....

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

...hey, Europe has Athene & WoW..!!!!

Originally posted by Kaocan

How about my TV time, it comes in on the same cable I use for my internet...means its related right, we can consider it too right? How about my Kindle, its an electronic entertainment device which takes up my time, maybe we should consider it too.

I agree with the OP, saying it slips just because it slips on a platform which it isnt even offered on....

Gotta love how people like to twist everything else when someone was only talking about gaming. Also, I am sure a lot of PC gamers have 2 monitors which they use the 2nd one to play internet videos and/or TV when not looking up information on it which your example made no sense to begin with. The Kindle is a portable device which would mainly be used when not at your computer so it also serves a different purpose. Don't act like a child just cause there are other considerations that should be taken into account. Sometimes PC gamers want to play other games that are not on PC, get over it.

Gotta love how people like to twist everything else when someone was only talking about gaming. Also, I am sure a lot of PC gamers have 2 monitors which they use the 2nd one to play internet videos and/or TV when not looking up information on it which your example made no sense to begin with. The Kindle is a portable device which would mainly be used when not at your computer so it also serves a different purpose. Don't act like a child just cause there are other considerations that should be taken into account. Sometimes PC gamers want to play other games that are not on PC, get over it.

Its not really about platforms . I play myself on xbox360 . some games are better on a console than pc imo . I just pointed out that if you look at ToR slipping one place on a PC chart for full priced games it doesn't sound quite as drastic as saying "sales plummet" because of a slippage on a multi-platform and price chart . At least such articles should mention the second chart . Also from what I can see of chart track they dont give out numbers so how do they know sales have plummeted ?

I buy most of the games I play in the new year sales so could it be many cut price games have increased huge amounts in the charts because of seasonal sale buyers like myself .

Given it slipped only one position in full price platform chart sales of ToR  could hardly be described as " plummeting " .

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

Its not really about platforms . I play myself on xbox360 . some games are better on a console than pc imo . I just pointed out that if you look at ToR slipping one place on a PC chart for full priced games it doesn't sound quite as drastic as saying "sales plummet" because of a slippage on a multi-platform and price chart . At least such articles should mention the second chart . Also from what I can see of chart track they dont give out numbers so how do they know sales have plummeted ?

I buy most of the games I play in the new year sales so could it be many cut price games have increased huge amounts in the charts because of seasonal sale buyers like myself .

Given it slipped only one position in full price platform chart sales of ToR  could hardly be described as " plummeting " .

Well, it was obvious that it's an MMORPG.com rage thread. They do them all the time, like how for the last few months having all the P2P vs F2P articles. Now, it's the SWTOR fans vs haters time to pick at. Anyone would think that SWTOR sales would drop anyway. People who wanted the game have it by now or if they don't then they would most likely get it by download. I understand that it's a misleading article for PC only gamers but there are factors involved that still make it true as gamers in general.

Really, so since I do NOT own a gaming platform, only a PC, the games I play which are only on the PC, should be rated with all the games which are NOT on the PC...did I get that about right? Because they can take up the time of a gamer. Because they are entertainment sources, similar to the PC Games like SW:TOR which they MIGHT play if they were not doing some other form of entertainment on some other media platform. Did I get it right that time? 

Oh and I have 4 monitors on my PC, does that mean I need to rethink the fact that I am a gamer? Does having more than one monitor make playing the game less or more in your mind? 

And lets be clear here shall we, gaming is an entertainment venue, just like watching TV and reading a book (this is what a Kindle is for just in-case you didnt know). All of them have an equal chance to engage the person who is using them for thier entertainment purposes. Just because you feel you have the right to specialize that set of facts into saying only games are important to your charting is irrelivant. Should we include online poker, how about board games, or card games. What about Farmville, its a game too, played on a PC as well, just like SW:TOR is, does that mean it should be considered relivant to SW:TOR? 

So lets take your own fuckin advise and stop acting like a child just because your brain isn't smart enough to comprehend something outside the simple. Yes, sometimes people do in fact like to engage in other forms of entertainment, but that in no way means all of them should be taken into account when your pulling statistics on each one. Sales of a deck of cards does not in any way reflect on sales of an MMORPG PC game, and so the same can be said of any other game which is on a different media - like console games, or board games, or croquet, or.....

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

True but it is still quite sensationalistic and misleading .

I guess it makes a good headline .

Why worry about this game? spend your time as you value it.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Really, so since I do NOT own a gaming platform, only a PC, the games I play which are only on the PC, should be rated with all the games which are NOT on the PC...did I get that about right? Because they can take up the time of a gamer. Because they are entertainment sources, similar to the PC Games like SW:TOR which they MIGHT play if they were not doing some other form of entertainment on some other media platform. Did I get it right that time? 

Oh and I have 4 monitors on my PC, does that mean I need to rethink the fact that I am a gamer? Does having more than one monitor make playing the game less or more in your mind? 

And lets be clear here shall we, gaming is an entertainment venue, just like watching TV and reading a book (this is what a Kindle is for just in-case you didnt know). All of them have an equal chance to engage the person who is using them for thier entertainment purposes. Just because you feel you have the right to specialize that set of facts into saying only games are important to your charting is irrelivant. Should we include online poker, how about board games, or card games. What about Farmville, its a game too, played on a PC as well, just like SW:TOR is, does that mean it should be considered relivant to SW:TOR? 

So lets take your own fuckin advise and stop acting like a child just because your brain isn't smart enough to comprehend something outside the simple. Yes, sometimes people do in fact like to engage in other forms of entertainment, but that in no way means all of them should be taken into account when your pulling statistics on each one. Sales of a deck of cards does not in any way reflect on sales of an MMORPG PC game, and so the same can be said of any other game which is on a different media - like console games, or board games, or croquet, or.....

lol, wow, you need to calm down. Your way of thinking is so off that it's not even funny, man. Maybe you should go and stretch your legs for a bit, cool your head and actually think instead of flying on some weird tangents. Gez, serious much? lol

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

I don't- consoles bore me now

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

Originally posted by Astralglide

I don't- consoles bore me now

Well, unless you are actually hundreds of thousands of people then it might actually matter.

lol, wow, you need to calm down. Your way of thinking is so off that it's not even funny, man. Maybe you should go and stretch your legs for a bit, cool your head and actually think instead of flying on some weird tangents. Gez, serious much? lol

Didn't know that having a smile on my face and laughing was a sign of being serious or having a need to calm down. Was my post too much for you maybe? Dont tell me the use of a single F word offended your poor sensabilities. I use that in normal every day conversation, its just another word, maybe you need to lighten up a bit instead of being so prudish. 

And no, my way of thinking isnt off at all, it just appears you're unable to comprehend it at all. Not my problem there, not everyone has the capacity to understand complex reasoning. I know, game, its a game, there for it must be..... simple. Problem is your way of thinking is just that, too simple. And that is exactly what is wrong with your vision of the statistics we are discussing here. 

The OP is entirely correct in the statement that a chart built off different media is missleading in its results. And that the correct chart is the one that only gauges this game against other games on its own media. This is the point you have failed to understand at all. You can't play this game on a console, can't, can not. It should not be judged against things it can not compete with (i.e. it can't be played on a console, doesn't play like a console game, isn't sold to console gamers <--- notice this last one here...isn't sold to console gamers).

Didn't know that having a smile on my face and laughing was a sign of being serious or having a need to calm down. Was my post too much for you maybe? Dont tell me the use of a single F word offended your poor sensabilities. I use that in normal every day conversation, its just another word, maybe you need to lighten up a bit instead of being so prudish. 

And no, my way of thinking isnt off at all, it just appears you're unable to comprehend it at all. Not my problem there, not everyone has the capacity to understand complex reasoning. I know, game, its a game, there for it must be..... simple. Problem is your way of thinking is just that, too simple. And that is exactly what is wrong with your vision of the statistics we are discussing here. 

The OP is entirely correct in the statement that a chart built off different media is missleading in its results. And that the correct chart is the one that only gauges this game against other games on its own media. This is the point you have failed to understand at all. You can't play this game on a console, can't, can not. It should not be judged against things it can not compete with (i.e. it can't be played on a console, doesn't play like a console game, isn't sold to console gamers <--- notice this last one here...isn't sold to console gamers).

lol sure, man, whatever you say. You type paragraphs of text trying to disprove a random internet guys opinion and you think that is not serious? You relate everything I mention to yourself like you actually matter in any statistical value, get personal and fly off the handle when alls I mentioned was for one thing to be taken into consideration, not the main factor. Yeap, not serious at all. Believe me, you are not fooling anyone. Like anyone is going to care about this game in 6 months anyway. lol

lol sure, man, whatever you say. You type paragraphs of text trying to disprove a random internet guys opinion and you think that is not serious? You relate everything I mention to yourself like you actually matter in any statistical value, get personal and fly off the handle when alls I mentioned was for one thing to be taken into consideration, not the main factor. Yeap, not serious at all. Believe me, you are not fooling anyone. Like anyone is going to care about this game in 6 months anyway. lol

you appear to write paragraphs of text yourself lol