Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pvp ? Oh my God what a joke!!!

Comments

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Originally posted by MaGicBush

Originally posted by Nazgol

Originally posted by Omni1rbb

PvP in Swtor is balanced and fun.

The 10-50 warzones are a great idea.

Pvp is just the new bandwagon the haters and trolls are jumping on because they failed at hating everything else (they were proven wrong).

This. I am actually suprised how good the bolster system is. I wouldn't pay them any attention, it's the same 3-4 people that apparently dislike the game but sure do find reason to visit it's forum. Kinda sad really.

No, I completely agree with this as well. I like the game, and don't post much here. But it's obvious at the moment the PvP is lackluster, I really hope they fix some things by the end of the month(add in the level 50 pvp bracked for starters). The bolster system is horrible, not sure how you could really think other-wise? Higher level players still have a huge advantage with gear and ability rotation.

Not what I'm seeing at all.

Most of the top healers and damage dealers have been people from around the 30s. I saw one guy who got over 300k damage with a level 15 and he knew how to play the game. The problem lays with expertise at level 50 because they have such an advantage and even if they suck they take ages to kill compared to people at level 49.

• BaffaBaffa Member Posts: 37

The game is pretty good except for that really bad PvP. The bolster system doesn't work - at all, no point doing any PvP until level 50 unless you actually enjoy being the underdog all the time.

I also have some pretty hefty ability delay in war zones for some odd reason making the PvP even more terrible.

And lastly, Huttball, wtf?!1, worst idea ever...

Originally posted by Baffa

The game is pretty good except for that really bad PvP. The bolster system doesn't work - at all, no point doing any PvP until level 50 unless you actually enjoy being the underdog all the time.

I also have some pretty hefty ability delay in war zones for some odd reason making the PvP even more terrible.

And lastly, Huttball, wtf?!1, worst idea ever...

Again Expertise, not Bolster.

Huttball is great if you have a good team, the problem is most people do not bother with the ball and if you face a premade while you're in a PUG you'll get owned. All you need is a Trooper to pull people off catwalks, good pasing of the ball, Sage to heal and to run the ball to the line.

Problem is everyone fights in places they don't need to be, losing the game for the team.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Originally posted by Kaledus

Pvp is not the main focus? Well what about Bioware saying that endgamers would have nice pvp content to look forward to? Does that not account for something? >.> (Besides, it is Star Wars and was always a battle between good and evil.. How can that not make sense? Lol)

No it does not, BioWare advertising tell you everything you want, they want you to buy the f.. game !!!

SWTOR is a PvE heavy game, with focus on questing and story. Not PvP , not Raiding ...

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by Mesfenlir

So now I am a hater I guess...

Funny I am a hater that pre-ordered the game in september. And later upgraded to a digital edition. Yes cos I want to spend bucks on a game and later hate it so much!!!!!

I dont hate swtor by no means, I just dont like it I am expressing my thoughts about what I think is wrong with it.

You have not idea what are you talking about boys.

Pre-order or not, I've been reading your past post and have not seen one pro post yet. For someone who doesn't hate the game, you have a funny way of showing it. Again, you said it would fail on the 20th of December.. the day it came out...LOL

Anyway, I find pvp to be quite fun. But I also dig the crafting, so obviously, we don't agree on much, and that's cool. I'm not saying its the greatest game I've ever played, I'm just enoying it right now. If the time comes where I get bored or dislike it, I'll leave. But I'm loving it so far. You don't like it, so why make a post shitting on it, why not just quitely leave?

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Originally posted by tixylix

Pvp is just the new bandwagon the haters and trolls are jumping on because they failed at hating everything else (they were proven wrong).

This. I am actually suprised how good the bolster system is. I wouldn't pay them any attention, it's the same 3-4 people that apparently dislike the game but sure do find reason to visit it's forum. Kinda sad really.

No, I completely agree with this as well. I like the game, and don't post much here. But it's obvious at the moment the PvP is lackluster, I really hope they fix some things by the end of the month(add in the level 50 pvp bracked for starters). The bolster system is horrible, not sure how you could really think other-wise? Higher level players still have a huge advantage with gear and ability rotation.

Most of the top healers and damage dealers have been people from around the 30s. I saw one guy who got over 300k damage with a level 15 and he knew how to play the game. The problem lays with expertise at level 50 because they have such an advantage and even if they suck they take ages to kill compared to people at level 49.

I am confused, you seem to not support what I said but change your mind by your last sentence agreeing with exactly what I said(level 50's need their own bracket).

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648

I am confused, you seem to not support what I said but change your mind by your last sentence agreeing with exactly what I said(level 50's need their own bracket).

I actually enjoy the pvp but this is one of the things that just drives me crazy, the 50's should be nowhere near lower lvl pvp. 

• TarwaterTarwater Member Posts: 63

I imagine most PVPers realize that the game will never delliver on the PVP front.

The majority of players I know who enjoy PVP have already made up their minds to cancel and wait for GW2.  Whether or not that game actually delivers too is anyone's guess.

• MesfenlirMesfenlir Member Posts: 208

Sir I never said that the game would fail on 20th december, thats simply stupid.

I made a post yes, but cos I was worried about the future of the game.

I wanted to be this game my new mmo after so many fiascos. I really wanted. I even formed a mini-guild with my friends.

Sadly was not my cup of tea. 

But I dont hate the game if people like it or love it I am glad for them.

My friends are still playing it nowadays and they like it so much (2 of them told me that pvp was bad too)

My mistake was to beleive that bw could make a great pve-pvp game, specially when the pvp was designed for ex-war devs. I was wrong.

Personally I think it is also a poor pve game.

if you eliminate the voiced- quest, what you got? 

Dungeons or flashpoints if you prefer are meh for me. Some of them are good , others simplistic with average bosses. 

Wow, aion, lotro, fallen earth, rift, they have stronger pve foundations than this game.

Can improve with time? yes, maybe.

But I think people will get tired soon of this mmo soap opera.

I can be wrong ofc. Only time will tell.

I gave and still do my reasons and this makes me a no hater.

Its like you say that T.T (broncos qb) sucks, that doesnt mean that you hate broncos.

People need to understand that sometimes you must critizice things ion order to improve them.

No I said Bolster is fine but it's expertise ruining it so sort that system out or give 50s their own bracket. you seemed to be blaming it on Bolster and said give 50s their own bracket for starters, when in reality a lvl 15 can kill a 49, the only problem lays with one single level that needs fixing.

• XianthosXianthos Member Posts: 723

Isnt this Star Wars? Isnt it all about "Dark Force" fighting against "Light Force"?

The lack and bad implementation of PvP is valid critism. Denial doesnt remove this merit.

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Sir I never said that the game would fail on 20th december, thats simply stupid.

I wanted to be this game my new mmo after so many fiascos. I really wanted. I even formed a mini-guild with my friends.

My friends are still playing it nowadays and they like it so much (2 of them told me that pvp was bad too)

My mistake was to beleive that bw could make a great pve-pvp game, specially when the pvp was designed for ex-war devs. I was wrong.

Dungeons or flashpoints if you prefer are meh for me. Some of them are good , others simplistic with average bosses. 

Wow, aion, lotro, fallen earth, rift, they have stronger pve foundations than this game.

Its like you say that T.T (broncos qb) sucks, that doesnt mean that you hate broncos.

People need to understand that sometimes you must critizice things ion order to improve them.

/signed

Ya did..... at least, this kinda looks like you saying the game would fail. Perhaps I'm wrong...

Look, all I'm saying is that if you don't like a game, you don't like it. No troubles no bubbles.. But when you go into a game with such a negative attitude and already anticipating the game will fail, how could it possibly succeed?

It's perfectly legit not to like a game... but why the need to make a post bashing it? That's the part I just don't get. It's like a child throwing a temper tantrum in my opinion. I wish people would just leave a game they don't like and not try to scorch the earth when they do it. That's all. 

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

No I said Bolster is fine but it's expertise ruining it so sort that system out or give 50s their own bracket. you seemed to be blaming it on Bolster and said give 50s their own bracket for starters, when in reality a lvl 15 can kill a 49, the only problem lays with one single level that needs fixing.

First, I finally agree with you on something. 10 -49 works fine. On my alt, I can kill folks in the 40s pretty fine. A 50 decked out in pvp gear is a different story. Bioware needs to split 11 - 49 and 50s apart. This will become more of an issue as time passes. 

Well I sayed  that swtor would fail in the long run.

I was thinking as a wow killer or a big smash hit.

I still think when gw2 finally comes out this game will suffer badly.

I think that if bw can implement ala rift enough content in the coming months, it will succed.

But I frankly doubt that, cos making new content and ALL voiced and with proper cinamatics its very costly.

And dont forget we are talking about EA. Those who played and still play war know what I am talking about.

What I know is that  this is a game pvpers like me dont like much. So I am moving on.

My last hope maybe is gw2 and maybe dawntide as a true sandbox.

Trust me, nobody spends money in a game he thinks it will be a failure.

I critizied many times mythic for the warhammer fiasco and still love that dammed game.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Creslin321

Originally posted by Kaledus

Originally posted by Yamota

I dont know what you mean with advertised as PvP but the lead game designers have repeteadly said that this game will have alot of endgame PvP content and even said they have people from WAR to achieve just that. So tt sounds more like you dont want it to be the focus so rather revealing your personal failers.

At least someone else was paying attention to all the info BW was making pretty crystal clear. xD

I second this.  SWTOR deserves to be criticized on its PvP.  Trying to act as if PvP is allowed to suck in SWTOR because it wasn't the "main focus."  Is such a cop out.

Gonna have to agree with this as well. While I can't say I was surprised it is still rather disappointing. Although I don't think the PvP sucks per se. I just find it subpar and that they could have done so much more with the endeavor. They just ended up doing the same crap all companies do and put forth a halfhearted attempt at tacking on some PvP elements to appease the ocassional PvPer. They could have done so much more.

I'm so sick and tired of these companies always being lacking on either one element or the other - PvP or PvE. Just once I would like a fucking company to put forth an effort in cultivating both aspects. rather than focus on one and do the other halfheartedly.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Still surprised that people miss the fact that the AC's are completely different classes....

"Why can't I respec!!!!"   - because you picked a different class... you can respec within the class.

It's like asking why your ranger can't be a paladin....

They probably should have just made 8 classes right out of the gate.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by Praetalus

/signed

Ya did..... at least, this kinda looks like you saying the game would fail. Perhaps I'm wrong...

Look, all I'm saying is that if you don't like a game, you don't like it. No troubles no bubbles.. But when you go into a game with such a negative attitude and already anticipating the game will fail, how could it possibly succeed?

It's perfectly legit not to like a game... but why the need to make a post bashing it? That's the part I just don't get. It's like a child throwing a temper tantrum in my opinion. I wish people would just leave a game they don't like and not try to scorch the earth when they do it. That's all. 

Well honestly as soon as someone says "I'm not a hater".. rest assured they probably are.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

like many others said SWToR was never ment to be a pvp first game. it's a PvE game with some pvp on the side. however i do hope they change this level 10 to 50 all pvping together or it will become completely rediculous once pvp gear become very predominant.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    For the IP they used,the pvp should be better than it is.Im interested to see what they do with it down the road.
  • red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486

Originally posted by tank017

For the IP they used,the pvp should be better than it is.Im interested to see what they do with it down the road.

Just give it more... KNOCKBACK... I'm sure with enough... KNOCKBACK... it will develop into something worth... KNOCKBACK.

Only... KNOCKBACK... will tell. 

It's the Star Wars Online Mad Lib... whether it's a noun or a verb, you can use the exact same word!  And it describes SW:TOR PvP perfectly.

Crappy works too.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Xianthos

Isnt this Star Wars? Isnt it all about "Dark Force" fighting against "Light Force"?

The lack and bad implementation of PvP is valid critism. Denial doesnt remove this merit.

Yea it really doesn't make sense, if it's Sith vs Jedi how is PVP not to be focused on.

I thought they'd at least make it awesome and "dynamic" when I was a SWTOR die hard months ago. I wouldn't even try to defend it by saying something like that.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

No, angier, A truly hater doesnt care if you call him a Hater, I think her likes it.

I never said things like: Omg this game sucks!!! Awful game or something like that.

I said that its crafting sucks bad  and that its a space soap opera.

If I was a hater I would said much worse things about it.

For example, I dont dislike the space combat, not because I think it is good (it isn´t) only because I understand it as a mini-game, nothing more.

You should be worried for the incoming future not for my comments. In 2-3 ,months 90% of original players will have reached level 50, we will see if bw can add proper end-game content.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Tarwater

I imagine most PVPers realize that the game will never delliver on the PVP front.

The majority of players I know who enjoy PVP have already made up their minds to cancel and wait for GW2.  Whether or not that game actually delivers too is anyone's guess.

Well for sure the PvP will be better than SW:TOR's.

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

Somebody got PWNED

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Well OP - it's a good thing you have that awesome Warhammer to go back to and GW2 should be out some year....maybe before the end of the Mayan calander....gee..hope they were wrong lol.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.