Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price Drop starts now

Comments

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

You won't see this on Steam anytime soon, which is really sad since it would probably offer something like a temporary 25% or 33% discount in a month or two (bought Arkham City with a 50% and Skyrim with a 33% discount on the holiday sale, both games which were very recently released).

It's sad that EA had to resort to boycotting key titles in order to push Origin as a viable competitor on the digital sales market.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by EricDanie

You won't see this on Steam anytime soon, which is really sad since it would probably offer something like a temporary 25% or 33% discount in a month or two (bought Arkham City with a 50% and Skyrim with a 33% discount on the holiday sale, both games which were very recently released).

It's sad that EA had to resort to boycotting key titles in order to push Origin as a viable competitor on the digital sales market.

But its somehow NOT sad for Valve to do the exact same thing with its games? double standard much?

Gotta love all the whining about EA doing something Valve has been doing for almost a decade.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• AfterlifeAfterlife Member UncommonPosts: 256

Originally posted by sammyeli

lol its funny amazon does this soo much, like they will put new copies cheaper and used ones more expensive . =P

Funny unless you run an Amazon business. Then it's crippling :D

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Wait a couple of months and it wll be $5.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    This is false. Amazon is still charging full price.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• htiger23htiger23 Member Posts: 113

If you are lucky hopefully it gets dropped into steams RNG and gets 50-75% off.

That isn't a random number generator.

That is publishers working with Steam to provide mutually beneficial promotions for both companies.

Steam will promote games that will sell well, and publishers want to promote games that will sell well (Win / Win).

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

Originally posted by dubyahite

http://imageshack.us/f/534/81759162.jpg/

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

Hey my friend got two copies for Christmas. He gave one of them away to someone else.

Should I make a thread called "SWTOR GOES FREE TO PLAY"

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

It's quite apparent you have no clue on how Amazon works..

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

That picture has Amazon offering the game for $52, discounted from its standard price of $59.99 due to some promotion.  The $44 price you highlghted is from secondary sources.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by EricDanie

But its somehow NOT sad for Valve to do the exact same thing with its games? double standard much?

Gotta love all the whining about EA doing something Valve has been doing for almost a decade.

Steam should really be cheaper anyways, they have no of the retail costs someone who actually ships the game have.

Anyways, TOR will just like all other P2P MMOs drop in price pretty fast, because most of the income they get is from subscription fees, not box sales. GW2 on the other hand will keep it's price a lot longer, it is just simple economics.

Originally posted by Torik

That picture has Amazon offering the game for $52, discounted from its standard price of $59.99 due to some promotion.  The $44 price you highlghted is from secondary sources.

Its not an official seller yes but how ever the history on that seller is 5 years and growing with 97% positive review, the one that is selling for 52 is the one that does deals each day he offered the game @ 40 USd yesterday today morning @ 44 USD and now 52 usd selling 30 copies each day at different prices also with a long history with amazon.

So to conclude the price drop has started. that was the main title no? weather it be 6 dollars or 8 dollars or 15 the prices are dropping, except for origin walmart etc etc etc.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

That is a third party retailer. One I've never heard of no less. Their name is musicmoviesgames not Amazon.  

Thanks for reinforcing my point though!

Here's the screenshot you SHOULD have taken, if you were trying to be honest and not misleading.  

Also notice the 3.99 shipping for the cheap one. Which makes it $56 compared to Amazons $59.99 with free shipping.  

Also there were several people selling it for more than retail. More people selling it at a higher price than a lower price.

Should I start saying "The SWTOR price rise has begun!"  Nope. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

That is a third party retailer. One I've never heard of no less. Their name is musicmoviesgames not Amazon.  

Thanks for reinforcing my point though!

Here's the screenshot you SHOULD have taken, if you were trying to be honest and not misleading.  

Also notice the 3.99 shipping for the cheap one. Which makes it $56 compared to Amazons $59.99 with free shipping.  

Also there were several people selling it for more than retail. More people selling it at a higher price than a lower price.

Should I start saying "The SWTOR price rise has begun!"  Nope. 

So basically ehat you are saying is people looking for cheaper prices are retarded and should look at the counter that people are selling it for more and consider this that, that is what the game is worth?

ok got it!

ps - it still dropped in price to 52 even if it is just 52 and thats what you will believe did it not drop in price?

Carl Sagan-

So basically ehat you are saying is people looking for cheaper prices are retarded and should look at the counter that people are selling it for more and consider this that, that is what the game is worth?

ok got it!

ps - it still dropped in price to 52 even if it is just 52 and thats what you will believe did it not drop in price?

Your OP claims that Amazon dropped the price. Here, I'll quote it for you.  

Amazon and few others have dropped the price on SWTOR. You can now purchase it anywhere from 40 USD to 47 USD.

{mod edit}  Your statement that Amazon dropped the price is false. Your statement that you can now purchase it "anywhere" from 40 - 47 dollars is false.

The only part of your OP that has any truth to it is the "few others have dropped the price" part.

These are small retailers offering limited deals on limited quantities. So no, in this case, the price hasn't dropped. Only a small number of people will be able to get it at that price.

Not once did I say that people looking for cheaper deals are anything. If they want to buy from this retailer, they can. That doesn't change the actual retail price of this game.

My post was that your OP was false.  {mod edit}

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

What we're saying is that a price drop from a third party vendor is rather insignificant news considering the official retailers are still selling the game for full price. Your OP is erroneous.

Originally posted by stealthbr

What we're saying is that a price drop from a third party vendor is rather insignificant news considering the official retailers are still selling the game for full price. Your OP is erroneous.

Not just that. I'm saying his entire OP is a lie. He said Amazon lowered the price specifically. He also said you can get it "anywhere" for $40.  

Those things are not true. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

you knwo what I wasnt going to post but musicmedia had a sale for 40 USD and had 30 copies at that pricethen they launched 30 copies this morning for 44 USD now the price are fixed to 52 USD with shipping which is free for a student doesnt matter if an unofficial seller on amazon, the price is still dropping now the 52 USD doesnt say so many copies but people were having sales you will see this from now on.

Hence the title The price drop has started.!

Carl Sagan-

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

you knwo what I wasnt going to post but musicmedia had a sale for 40 USD and had 30 copies at that pricethen they launched 30 copies this morning for 44 USD now the price are fixed to 52 USD with shipping which is free for a student doesnt matter if an unofficial seller on amazon, the price is still dropping now the 52 USD doesnt say so many copies but people were having sales you will see this from now on.

Walmart had MW3 on sale the week after it launched for 39.99

CoD: Black ops went on sale for 34.99 the week after it launched. 

You don't seem to understand how retail works. 

And yes, some small 3rd parties are selling the game at a lower price to entice consumers to buy from them rather than the bigger reputable chains. It's called business. 

Correct title would be "Sales have started" or "Go here to get SWTOR a little cheaper!". 

What you tried to do is called sensationalism. Putting up a misleading title in order to get page views and responses. On forums it's generally called trolling. 

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

i checked amazon this morning and the OP was right; I saw the price down to 40ish; however it was another retailer that had the game listed on amazon; I checked a couple of hours later and the price went up again to 50ish

edit: and I don't think the OP was trolling; actually I have to say thanks for posting that info

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

And yes, some small 3rd parties are selling the game at a lower price to entice consumers to buy from them rather than the bigger reputable chains. It's called business. 

Correct title would be "Sales have started" or "Go here to get SWTOR a little cheaper!". 

What you tried to do is called sensationalism. Putting up a misleading title in order to get page views and responses. On forums it's generally called trolling. 

So basically what you are saying is walmart/costco/gamestop/amazon/ebay are not third party sellers but first party sellers and Bioware and EA and like these uber companies that cannot be in the same catagory as second party sellers.

Carl Sagan-

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

Its called marketing.

Small scale example

10 people buy it at 50 USD = 500 USD

15 people buy it at 45 USD = 675 USD

See?

• Chivalry1978Chivalry1978 Member Posts: 184

Ok so how this works.....

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_20?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=star+wars+the+old+republic&sprefix=star+wars++the+old+r

The top number is what amazon sells it for.

The next price is what other vendors who sell via amazon charge and thus 3rd party people trying to drum up buisness else where..And if you look more those same vendors charge 60 bucks for 60 days of game time so yeah...To the flaming gw2, and wow fan boys go back to your forums and leave tor alone.

So basically what you are saying is walmart/costco/gamestop/amazon/ebay are not third party sellers but first party sellers and Bioware and EA and like these uber companies that cannot be in the same catagory as second party sellers.

I really do not know how you came to this conclusion.

• Chivalry1978Chivalry1978 Member Posts: 184

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Actually they would be 2nd party as they buy in bulk to resell at there locations. What your seeing with these lower price vendors is what is done in retail all the time you lower the price of a big ticket item just get you on marked up items you may want to buy while your getting this item as well. In this case it would be the game crads at almost 100% mark up.