Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price Drop starts now

Amazon and few others have dropped the price on SWTOR. You can now purchase it anywhere from 40 USD to 47 USD.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

Comments

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by sammyeli

Amazon and few others have dropped the price on SWTOR. You can now purchase it anywhere from 40 USD to 47 USD.

Once steam or any other retailer offers it for $20, I will have no choice but to pick it up. Hopefully by then they have all the problems worked out of it!

I really want to play this game.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

If you are lucky hopefully it gets dropped into steams RNG and gets 50-75% off.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Does this mean SWTOR is going to fail?

*chuckles*

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

lol its funny amazon does this soo much, like they will put new copies cheaper and used ones more expensive . =P

Carl Sagan-

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

SWTOR will never be on steam as long as EA is selling it through Origin's Steam competitor they are trying to build.

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

good way to get rid of merchandise

not even 2 weeks though hasnt even been 2 weeks, I am not saying that because of this its going to fail thats just stupid, but the price drop came too early, even the CE droped 15 bucks or so.

Carl Sagan-

Originally posted by ForumTroll

Once steam or any other retailer offers it for $20, I will have no choice but to pick it up. Hopefully by then they have all the problems worked out of it!

Yeap ill pick it up around 25-35 bucks just to try the month and hopefully by then all the minor details are taken care off.

Carl Sagan-

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Yeah... and once Mario Galaxy comes out for Xbox I am picking it up too...

Game company is owned by a Steam competitor.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• TarwaterTarwater Member Posts: 63

Steam will never offer it.  Or, so they claim.  Since EA is pushing Origin and had that big stink with Steam over BF3.

But I get what you're saying.

Yea I dont think itll be on steam also since origin. But EA is doing sales and stuff on Origin also for other games. 

Carl Sagan-

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

This happens with every game, no need to start shouting the end is nigh just yet. Not to mention the game was over priced to begin with.

• WearacupWearacup Member Posts: 161

Saw Rift at Walmart fo $10 the other day.

Trammies need to stop polluting the MMORPG landscape. They already have enough games in which to emote hugs and sell garbage by the banks.

I got rift for 5 bucks like a few months back from Trion.

Carl Sagan-

• gladosrev2gladosrev2 Member CommonPosts: 203

It would be crazy to buy this, if you can get it soon for free. I keep saying Bioware only wants to scam as many as possible with box sales before going FTP.. don't pay even 5$ lol, you'd have to be really desperate to pay anything for a new untested MMO these days anyway.

My Guild Wars 2 First Beta Weekend "reviewette" : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4944570/thread/349125#4944570

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

I got rift for 5 bucks like a few months back from Trion.

They were giving Rift away for $0 a while back.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

I doubt youll see this lower then 49.99 for the first  year with an option of F2P never. 

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Originally posted by Wearacup

Saw Rift at Walmart fo $10 the other day.

Hehe, they've marketed the game for free more than once. And I've seen $4.99 floating around quite often, most notably, in my e-mail.

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Amazon is still selling for $59.95. The prices you are seeing are from sellers that use Amazon's services.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Same here. I also did this with Rift and got the game for £15, because no pay to play MMORPG is worth a full £40 (UK) for the box. Just look at Rift now... I can get the box for £5.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

not even 2 weeks though hasnt even been 2 weeks, I am not saying that because of this its going to fail thats just stupid, but the price drop came too early, even the CE droped 15 bucks or so.

But you are hopeful that it will fail?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

There were 10 copies avail @ 40 dollars then earlier this morning it was changed to 44 and now still a few copies remaining for 44 and the rest @ 52 dollars. If you are paying 59.99 its just not the way to go.

Carl Sagan-

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Looks like it's sold by some fly-by-night seller, not amazon.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Chivalry1978Chivalry1978 Member Posts: 184

is it cheaper at game stop lets look....NOPE...hmmmm....shut up fan boys and troll your own forums

• GuileplayerGuileplayer Member Posts: 418

Fail troll topic in disguise :( the game sold by 3rd party sellers and not amazon. Those seller always sell games at a lower price. I mean why whould anyone buy from johns store? when they can buy from amazon. Unless john is giving good price. lol @ this board for keep falling for topics like these.

EDIT: lol the only 2 people selling the game for 45 bucks is a new seller with 76 sales made so far (just trying to get his internet company off the ground), and another selller with 2.5 star satisfaction rating (also charges 7.99 for shipping lol). This is a troll topic now confirmed. Hahahaha.

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.