Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance: The G-STAR Preview

Comments

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

HIGHLY instanced, no thank you. The beauty of Lineage is that EVERYTHING was "open". I have zero interest in this regardless of the fact that it looks impressive.

Where did the MMO go in MMORPG these days?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

HIGHLY instanced, no thank you. The beauty of Lineage is that EVERYTHING was "open". I have zero interest in this regardless of the fact that it looks impressive.

i had the same reaction as you... 

whoa nice game, great physics!! WHOA awesome gameplay

multiplayer? oh... its MMO? oh.... well then... hope its free...

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Edit: nvm works now.

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Oh, I didn't see that. But I have to agree, I'm not a fan of instances in most cases. Lineage 1 was wide open, no instances, and I loved that fact. If it's mostly an instanced game, I'll probably pass on it.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Really looking forward to this game.

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

lol because it's instanced....makes it a bad game....or worthy of passing over?!?! I swear people come up with just about anything to hate on something......

• VittoriosoVittorioso Member UncommonPosts: 33

This just look great! epic!

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

Originally posted by Alphamojo

lol because it's instanced....makes it a bad game....or worthy of passing over?!?! I swear people come up with just about anything to hate on something......

Considering we're on a MMORPG site ... its kind of a big deal. I want a world to play in, not my own instances, i got singleplayer games for dungeon crawling.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• usagichan77usagichan77 Member Posts: 13

Just 3 classes? kinda scares me.

How is it going to be MMORPG with just 3 classes.. It will remind me of some cheesy asian MMO's with 4 classes or just like people mentioned above - Diablo.

Hmm and it looks more like action rpg. Basically just a diablo. Nice graphics nice new model completely different from Lineage 2, but looks boring.

I hope that was not all they had to introduce, if there were 12 classes it would be more appealing.

• LytecLytec Member UncommonPosts: 26

I think diablo 3 is better but i wonder what the difference in gameplay will be in this game.

• NereelNereel Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by usagichan77

How is it going to be MMORPG with just 3 classes.. It will remind me of some cheesy asian MMO's with 4 classes or just like people mentioned above - Diablo.

Hmm and it looks more like action rpg. Basically just a diablo. Nice graphics nice new model completely different from Lineage 2, but looks boring.

I hope that was not all they had to introduce, if there were 12 classes it would be more appealing.

Some Q & A from a press conference in Seoul on November 9th.

Q:  Would you please share with us why you selected Hack and Slash as the genre for Lineage Eternal?

A: Actually, the Hack and Slash in Lineage Eternal different from Diablo or other games. Lineage Eternal is more than a Hack and Slash game. Players have to make flexible use of attack, defense and dodge in order to survive. Aside from that, the game's rhythm and tempo is different from Hack and Slash games, so we can only say Lineage Eternal is close to Hack and Slash genre.

Q: Will Lineage Eternal be an MMO without instances?

A: Not exactly. The game still provides instances where players experience the main storyline content without being interfered by other players. In fact, Lineage Eternal lays the most stress on partying fun, which is the most appealing part of the game.

Q: Please tell us something about the classes and skills in Lineage Eternal.

A: We haven't decided which class/classes to be added when we started the test. In addition to the 3 new classes made public before, it is expected that 2-3 more classes will be playable in the game. Take Elemental Archers for example, they are capable of shooting arrows at multiple enemies. Players can launch an area of effect attack through holding down the mouse button. Arrows will fall like raindrops.

Q: Please talk about the PK gameplay offered in Linage Eternal.

A: There are PK places in the previous two Lineage games. Disputes arose from time to time among the players. Though we feel it indeed affects the players emotionally, we still plan to introduce PK places into Lineage Eternal.

And for the people that cry "No link, No Proof"...

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-11-11/exclusive_interview_with_lineage_eternal_developer_1.shtml

Personally, I can't wait for this, looks frickin awesome...

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Originally posted by usagichan77

I have played EQ for years with 16 classes, and now I play Vindictus EU XT with 3 classes, yes ... 3.. and the gamplay beats the EQ gameplay by leaps and bounds.

I can't get enough of hack & slash, it's so much more exciting to be actually engaged in a game than just standing there like in traditional MMO like EQ or WoW.

• DF08SaidDF08Said Member UncommonPosts: 24

this looks so freaking awesome that i got not words  to describe what a feel!

iv Waited for a Sequel for a very very long time! so im Happy that there will be one comming soon!

Looking really forward to this!! Go Go NCSOFT! they will get all my money for sure!

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Look fantastic, the physics are really nice, and this brush skill stuff is really something you want to try (they just need to give it better look, not just a graphic software look). Having a ton of npc on your screen again is really something i forgot playing those mmo, so that's definitly a + for me.

Some poeple talk about D3, well at least i know NC can make Lineage eternal feel like a real mmo, not just a coop. They need more class obviously. And please NC stay away from that RMT mess Blizz is doing, but i thing you guys know that, you already had enough problems with those to not open your door to them.

• Mordred1Mordred1 Member UncommonPosts: 84

Looks great but I hate the usual asian over-the-top approach. If one soldier can kill ten orcs with one hit why the hell do you need an army? 5 of these guys is enough for everyone.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

The number of classes is self impossed limitation and marketing. A game with 1 class: Whatever is the most versatile one, you choose your playstyle as you go, instead of chosing your playstyle on the first 3 minutes of your adventure.

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

Anyone else get the impression the "drag skill" interface would work (was intended?) for a touch screen interface?

Seems interesting. Will have to keep an eye out on it. As others have indicated if it's heavily instaced (i.e. 57 different instances of "town") then I'm not sure its for me. I loved Lineage tho and if it works out to be similar to that then I'll definitely be keen on trying it out.

No prince class tho? Does that mean there will be no castle/siege system or will it work on a similar mechanic as L2?

• Venom2506Venom2506 Member UncommonPosts: 15

It looks awesome (and as I'm a lineage 2 player, it couldn't but grab my attention). But I won't "lol" at Diablo3. Why?

Because

1) it's not because another game looks even better than by default D3 becomes crappy

2) I don't give a damn about the weird ass online system+AH used in D3, doesn't bother me

3) I'll just get both, so heh :p

• JuicemanJuiceman Member Posts: 167

did someone say action? :)

• MayadevaMayadeva Member Posts: 21

I'm confused. Is a different game? Nothing to do with Lineage 2 further expansion?

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

Originally posted by tvalentine

Originally posted by Alphamojo

Considering we're on a MMORPG site ... its kind of a big deal. I want a world to play in, not my own instances, i got singleplayer games for dungeon crawling.

I get the feeling this site doesn't like the limitations you seem to like putting on it....quite surely it can cover the multiple aspects of MMOs and RPGs and not just MMORPGs.

Also to each his own, but to me truly open world mechanics/gameplay sucked. I remember the DAoC/UO days of boss camping.....waiting 1-2 hours to finish a quest mob is ridiculous.....

• asf131asf131 Member Posts: 7
    Maybe more classes will be seen
  • asf131asf131 Member Posts: 7
    Maybe more classes will be seen
    Ncsoft always show a few classes in video and show more classes in CBT
  • JumdorJumdor Member Posts: 62

I think this video does look good. I just find it quite amusing that after all this time of all the companies pitching full 3D interactive worlds and garbage grind. We now return to classic easier and cheaper to make top down view action fantasy. It's rather funny that we're seeing this because it's trendy. 

On a personal level like I said the video does look good, but I'm not sure considering different factors. I'm not judging before it comes out. Things like number of players allowed in an instance and customization like some above have mentioned before me can make or break it for my tastes. If it limits you to those base character models I'm not sure I'll be interested. 

I will keep an eye on it though because Blizzard isn't getting my money on their new stuff. I personally like the style of this game better but only time will tell. Everyone have a good day. 

"Love can be innocent and can be sweet, but sometimes about as nice as rotting meat."

• RajCajRajCaj Member UncommonPosts: 704

Very interesting!  As for the single player (or solo) componet...it looks above and beyond what I've seen out of Diablo 3.  The mouse gestures are very cool and something Blizzard missed the boat on.

As for the multiplayer componet.....I wonder if this really will be a true MMO or just a co-op experience within a persistant world instead of a virtual lobby.

I also noticed that that no one healed in the entire video.  Is this a heal pot spamming game?

It would have been nice if they highlighted the MMO aspect more.  Will there be castle / fortress sieges?  Will it be FFA?  Will it be instanced?  Is there crafting?  Just seems like a lot of things that make a MMO something different than a Diablo / Torch Light is missing...or atleast not developed yet.