Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible to play with 1 hand??

Right arm is paralyzed ATM and I am looking for an MMO to get into ; i've been watching this game for about 2 years now and am disappointed to have this injury hinder my ability to play at my fullest capabilities. Feedback much appreciated

TY!!!

Comments

• fnorgbyfnorgby Member Posts: 158

Hey, I've heard there's a controller for people with physical handicaps.  They even wwebsite as on the internet since before you were sperm in your daddy's balls.

(sorry, bad joke, no offense but I couldn't resist)

I can also roleplay the tower in a chess game and shout "is that a peasant at the horizon I see? I will smash it I will! Oh damn I broke one of my merlons!". -- maji

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360

If you are used to hotkeys and able to set them up properly you might actually be able to do it with one hand using your keyboard.

Though using the mouse and clicking as the only thing, would probably not work out all to well as there's no auto-attack function.

• HatewallHatewall Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by fnorgby

Hey, I've heard there's a controller for people with physical handicaps.  They even wwebsite as on the internet since before you were sperm in your daddy's balls.

(sorry, bad joke, no offense but I couldn't resist)

Aren't they going to be at the next PAX? :D

What about the SWTOR Razor? It has a ton of buttons on it.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

The razer naga mouse, or the SWTOR mouse (which is a naga reskinned) will allow you to be able to do that if you can play it left handed.

• madmikethegmmadmikethegm Member UncommonPosts: 43

Might try a left-handed mouse with some extra buttons for the common functions.

A search on Google turned up too many to list, but it's worth checking into until that arm gets better (which hopefully it will m8)

Hope that helps ya!

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

There's no reason why you need the mouse tbh.  The mouse is used for:

Clicking mobs - which you can tab

Turning - which you can easily use wasd keys on the keyboard

What will pose a problem is (and it will be this way for any mmo)

-Equipping items/navigation inventory etc - This will pose a slight problem.  Although, there's nothing stopping you from still having a mouse next to you just for this purpose.  Using the mouse for this purpose isn't fast pace, and you'll have time to move your hand from the keyboard to the mouse for this purpose only.

-Anything that requires a right-click - This again is most inventory things like opening the mod menu.  Again, like the above you can move your hand to the mouse and do this.

You also mentioned only using a mouse.  You would probably need a razor naga mouse if you want to do away with the keyboard entirely.  You would be able to play, but you might not be able to use all your abilities.  Maybe with combination mouse button pressing.  Possible but difficult.

Any both cases, standard PvE gameplay should pose no problem.  PvP will be very difficult in either case, but if you just queue for PuG battlegrounds, you'll still have fun.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Even with an expensive gaming mouse I think you'll be struggling, simply because of the sheer amount of abilities they throw at you in this game.

• JarazarJarazar Member Posts: 231

Good suggestions here. I hope you find something to help you out.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

What about the N52TE... that controls damned near everything you'd WANT to control with bindings.  You wouldn't be PvP awesome but you'd be able to hold your own with your left hand.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS445US445&q=n52te&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=16318042829710503833&sa=X&ei=TB8BT93HBoni0QGIifGWAg&ved=0CFQQ8wIwAw

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

tab target game so yes no issues with just using one hand.. same with a lot of the other themepark MMOS out there by the way.Infact you could probally run more than one pc with no issues at all..

Only MMOs you might have issues with are ones where you need to manually target.

• KrysokosKrysokos Member Posts: 21

thanks for all the suggestions; does the n52te have a mouse function as well??

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Razer Nostromo to the rescue!

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

I'd say maby try this

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Not sure if its possible, but if you can bind the alt and control key to the 2 buttons on top of the naga youd be able to use all abilities.  Also if you can map the hot bar scroll option that would work too.

3 bars of abiltiies should be more than enough plus a bar for buffs and recall and such that you could click

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I have the Logitech G13 and I'm pretty sure you could play with just this controller. The only thing I'm not sure about is that some quests require you to click on something in the environment and I'm not sure if you can do that with out a mouse to high light the right spot on the screen. I'll check it out later tonight, if I can.

If you have full use of your left side and can occassionally grab a mouse for the rare instance when you need it, you could definitely play the other 99% of the time with just this keyboard/controller.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G13-Programmable-Gameboard-Display/dp/B001NEK2GE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325474556&sr=8-1

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Another question; thanks!! I think I have a prehistoric version of the nostromo around my house somewhere; with the mouse can u move around by clicking both mouse buttons?

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Krysokos

Another question; thanks!! I think I have a prehistoric version of the nostromo around my house somewhere; with the mouse can u move around by clicking both mouse buttons?

yup

Thanks everybody; I think i'll try this game out within the week!!

• CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

You can play this MMO with one hand as much as you can play any MMO with one hand.

While it's possible, it's definitely not recommended.  Eventually you're going to run into a situation where one-handing it won't do.  There's certain story line missions that'll probably be pretty problematic and for the love of your fellow players, don't ever do a heroic/group content.

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

• ScoutMastrScoutMastr Member Posts: 140

what about voice commands or head tracking peripherals...would those be any help in games, or are they not responsive enough?...doubt there is any one perfectly ideal solution on the market, but the nostromo was the first thing I thought of too.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

Sorry to hear about your arm.

Ever considered playing EVE Online? You could easit play EVE with one hand. In fact, I have normal use of both arms and usually only ouse my mouse hand to play. Oh, it's also one of the best games out right now. Double win.

hahaha; yes i've heard of EvE. Don't tell me to judge a book by its cover, but it just dosen't look like the game for me. Might have to give it a try though. I found a logitech G13 in my house BTW !!!! :)))

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Kabaal

Even with an expensive gaming mouse I think you'll be struggling, simply because of the sheer amount of abilities they throw at you in this game.

A good mouse and a bit of macroing should work fine enough.

It will be a little hard just in the beginning but I think OP will get use to it fast and at least play PvE as good as most other players.

PvP will be a bit harder though.

There is another possibility as well: you could steer the fastkeys with your feets instead. Using a regular keyboard for that might be hard but you could get a bunch of these, if nothing else then as an add on to he mouse with many buttons.

13 bucks eachand you should be able to fix so it to have different command if you double tap it and tap it once.

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Video-Game-Racing-Foot-Pedal/dp/B005JT1PP6

With one hand you can probably get as good as any 2 handed person if you use your legs as backup. :)

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Kabaal

A good mouse and a bit of macroing should work fine enough.

It will be a little hard just in the beginning but I think OP will get use to it fast and at least play PvE as good as most other players.

PvP will be a bit harder though.

There is another possibility as well: you could steer the fastkeys with your feets instead. Using a regular keyboard for that might be hard but you could get a bunch of these, if nothing else then as an add on to he mouse with many buttons.

13 bucks eachand you should be able to fix so it to have different command if you double tap it and tap it once.

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Video-Game-Racing-Foot-Pedal/dp/B005JT1PP6

With one hand you can probably get as good as any 2 handed person if you use your legs as backup. :)

Woah!! That'd be alot of pedals lol; good idea though i'll keep it in mind.

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

Click to move games can be played easily with just one heand, so you can play Lineage II .