Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Galactic marketplace

Is it just me or do a lot of planets not have acces to the galactic marketplace?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Timukas

Most don't

Dont you agree this is a major design flaw, atleast every spaceport should have a terminal

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Most don't

Dont you agree this is a major design flaw, atleast every spaceport should have a terminal

I don't see it as a design flaw.  In fact, I think it's designed that way for a reason.  They want certain planets, namely the capital planets, as well as the fleets, to be the center of activity.  This is the same reason you don't see an auction house in every zone of World of Warcraft.  They are trying to make sure that people have a reason to go back to the big cities or hubs.  Otherwise, everyone would go to the smaller, more convenient locations for their auctioning.  

The actual design flaw is in how the Galactic Marketplace itself was designed.  They definitely need a search function, because using it is just painful.

• GuileplayerGuileplayer Member Posts: 418

Most don't

i don't see this as a flaw because i am 7 year wow vet. And AH's are only available in the main cities. Hell during vanilla WoW AH was only in IF and Orgimmar.

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Guileplayer

Most don't

i don't see this as a flaw because i am 7 year wow vet. And AH's are only available in the main cities. Hell during vanilla WoW AH was only in IF and Orgimmar.

So being used to bad game design makes it okay for other developers to follow the same route?  They should have only copied the good things from WoW and not the bad things.

Originally posted by Guileplayer

Most don't

So being used to bad game design makes it okay for other developers to follow the same route?

I wouldn't call it a bad game design because at max level you are spedning a lot of time in the main cities anyway. When you are leveling you might feel the need for an AH on the leveling areas but at max level this problem is non existant.  Whether i am pvping, dueling outside, trolling the trade chat, queueing up for instances i am still hanging around in the main city. So its not a big issue.

Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Most don't

I think they want you to keep going back to the major cities. Devs explained this why they want you to keep going back to certain places. I do not have the source and neither do I know very well what the Devs said.

• PapaB34RPapaB34R Member Posts: 300

AH is a mess but its location... couldnt care less about it, first order of change would be to bump longest time on AH from 2 days to 1 week, this would make it so much easier for ze crafters to actually use this funciton. But again where it is located doesnt really matter as you can get from A to B in at most 5min or insta if you use fleet pass

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Most don't

Personally, I agree because in time, making central hubs simply kills of any feeling of a populated world. WoW is a good example of this. Both factions have 3 beautiful cities languishing in the dust and one stupidly congested hub that feels like a lobby more than anything else. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

Originally posted by PapaB34R

AH is a mess but its location... couldnt care less about it, first order of change would be to bump longest time on AH from 2 days to 1 week, this would make it so much easier for ze crafters to actually use this funciton. But again where it is located doesnt really matter as you can get from A to B in at most 5min or insta if you use fleet pass

This i agree with the AH needs a lot work. the location i don't mind.

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984

Most don't

I agree and I would really like to have market access from my ship. Then again, the game is so new that we can hope they will add a lot of things soon.

Well, since its a scifi mmo we could have a portable data terminal to ther marketplace. But honestly, what for ? 3 day limit and the natrure of items prevent any useful trade. I can get anything i need from a NPC merchand for moeny or tokens.

The only thing you can find everywhere is a medic droid :D The game is a bit about traveling too.