Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned for not going linear?

Comments

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

The Post is still up on the mains. so there is a small chance it might be true.

First you can't ban someone who planet skips if your game design allows it. now if your design had a access barrier so lower level players could not go there and somehow they do...then you take action. but how much since bugs do happen and you can't blame players for finding them. plus the game touts exploration as one of it's features and it never said a specific level could explore or what level.

So i kind of call bullshit here. but the post is still up and no mods have taken down making me think there is some truth to it. would be interesting to see a mod reply. if this is true then there is unspoken rules or fine print agreements not widely known  until you step on them.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

I cant believe you made a thread on this. There is no such thing. Be like banning the lvl 50 for doing the 1st instance over and over again saying they just wanted to get social points up. Not quite the same yet ..

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

People should also get banned for posting the same topics on both forums.

• SprintfoxSprintfox Member Posts: 25

As I've said before, BioWare and Electronic Arts aren't able to make proper games. At least, it seems to be, that it is forbidden for players to farm and / or to akquire (playing, not by their own fault - because, there is actually no restriction given, just a statement which could be jumped) items to trade with them.

However. I wish you all a nice jump into 2012 and don't be that afraid with EA - you guys normally must know better, with what company you're handling and doing deals.

Sprinty Sprintfox

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Originally posted by Zippy

I just gained some respect for Bioware.  Any player should know its an exploit to loot level 50 gear when they are a low level.  If they can get to Illum they should report and bug it, not exploit it.  BW did the right thing giving them a short term ban.  More games should do  he same and let people know any exploiting will result in severe punishment.  They are lucky it was not a permanent ban.

Its not an exploit you can fly your ship there as early as level 16

• JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Lmao...there is no way that story is true.  

But it's on the internet, it must be true.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

lol... and I got banned for just talking above my level.  A friend of mine got banned for grouping with a non Sith.  The game is really strict.

I self identify as a monkey.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by RizelStar

Hey anyone mind testing this out?

And why FUCCK is Ilum not locked for people who are not in it's level zone?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

When a game company boast that their game is an open persistent world then one would expect there would be no locks or restrictions to lands or zones.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• gorgondogorgondo Member Posts: 56

Wow, when the Hell did gamers get this damn gullible/stupid?  There's not a scintilla of proof for this ridiculous claim.  Did people really not notice the mistakes and poor wording of the supposed email?  I almost feel ashamed right now.

I don't even like the game (or EA for that matter), and it's still painfully obvious that this is all designed to stir the hive.  I guess successful troll is successful?

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297

I tested this, a few times.  It's a pure lie.  No ban.  No warning.  No problems.   Duhhhhh.....

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

A friend of mine got banned for grouping with a non Sith.

Well, he kind of deserved it then, no?

:D

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Is it bad I can sort of believe this? Makes sense if you consider gold sellers and them not wanting to cash in on doing that. A rather primative way to address possibly ways to exploit that the game creators didn't get time to code to stop, or simply might not of known how to. It would be a step mostly against gold sellers though also trying to limit regular players from amassing cash.

• MetzaMetza Member Posts: 160

Dont believe this not one bit, not even EA would ban people for nothing more than traveling to a zone that is not meant for your level, ya your not supposed to be there but, the only thing that happens to you is the same thing that happens in any mmo when you go to  a place higher level than you, YOU GET RAPED by the enemies there. Bioware or EA would not do this, and I just read the eula and i'm not a lawyer but i didnt see anything in there that would even give them the right to ban someone over the story that was listed.

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by gorgondo

Wow, when the Hell did gamers get this damn gullible/stupid?

As soon as a game came out that they didn't like.

Bioware didn't create pre-CU/pre-NGE SWG 2.0. They didn't create a Star Wars version of EVE. They created the game they wanted to make, so of course, now we're going to be subjected to a bunch of idiocy and trolling over it. It's the nature of these forums.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

BW is not that stupid, I dont believe it.

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by tort0429

I tested this, a few times.  It's a pure lie.  No ban.  No warning.  No problems.  

Exactly. There isn't anything in SWTOR that would lead Bioware to ban a player for going into a higher level zone and harvesting something. The whole premise of the OP is ridiculous.

If you've got the harvesting skill to do it, and you're brave enough to try and go to a higher level planet to try, go right ahead. There isn't anything stopping you from doing it.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I got banned for soloing a heroic 2. :(

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by tort0429

I tested this, a few times.  It's a pure lie.  No ban.  No warning.  No problems.   Duhhhhh.....

Video tape it.

I can't believe you just like I don't believe the OP either, I dob't know if you tested it or not lol,

Duhhhhh.....

It's funny how I can put money how people actually will believe your word yet immediately bring the op down, yea I know it's the way of life.

Tragic.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

The TOS states that you may not :

Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game. 

If and When they (EA BW) decide that your game play is an abuse or exploit, then you will be in viloation of the TOS.  So don't be surprised.  You signed a contract, you may not have read that contract, and even if you didn't you may not have understood that contract.  But none the lest you are bound by that contract.  To Bad, So Sad.

Durring Early Acces I made 6 Chracters, one for each of the crafting crew skills. I am a casual player, getting one main to max level in 5 days is not my play style.  I leveled 2 characters that first day to 11 and 9.  Any good gear I mailed to my Alt's to twink them.  On the second day I noticed that my mailed items where not ariving, as they had on the first day.  So I put in a ticket.  Three days later Customer Service replied, that the problem had gone away, and may have been fixed as a side event in a patch.  And twinking begain again. 

I suspect they had disabled my mail while they considered, if twinking would be a violation of their TOS or not.  They are not familure with the concept of mule or twink, and may have considered such activity to be an abuse or exploit.  I found TOR had many tiny flaws, that could be overlooked.  But as a whole these flaws say to me that EA BW are new and neive to the MMO market and don't know what they are doing.  The GTN (AH) was not made by or for someone familiar with MMO gaming.

It is obvious to me that the decision makers at TOR learned little from Warhammer Online.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• InFaVillaInFaVilla Member Posts: 592

Serves him right, in my opinion, assuming it is true. 

The game was advertised as a traditional MMORPG set in Star Wars environment . So yeah, if you intend to do "nonlinear" activities, then he should have picked a sandbox and not this game. His mistake, not Biowares.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by InFaVilla

The game was advertised as a traditional MMORPG set in Star Wars environment . So yeah, if you intend to do "nonlinear" activities, then he should have picked a sandbox and not this game. His mistake, not Biowares.

Not sure if serious...

• InFaVillaInFaVilla Member Posts: 592

Originally posted by adam_nox

Originally posted by InFaVilla

Not sure if serious...

Perfectly serious. If you purchase something, it is your responsability to find out information about what the game is and what it promises. If you then find out that the game doesn't work in a way you like it despite them fulfulling their promise, then it is your fault and not the company hosting a game.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Originally posted by Icewhite

Originally posted by fundayz

P.S. This could still be all BS, but knowing EA Customer Support I would not be surprised at all.

Crowd:

Burn her! Burn! Burn her! Burn her!

BEDEVERE:

How do you know she is a witch?

Villager #2:

She looks like one.

Game forum public trials have such high standards of evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTdDN_MRe64

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by willo248

Well i was just about to buy this game...

Please tell me you were not persuaded otherwise by a first time poster, his typed out post, with no screen shots, names, or links to what parts of "ToS" were broken. 

This is clearly bogus, you are just making people alarmed and upset over nothing OP :-( 

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

People believing this without any proof doesn't surprise me at all.  People really need to start being a bit more skeptical when faced with such ridiculous claims.