Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Frustrating Instalation Experience

WhySoShortWhySoShort KunmingPosts: 315Member

I just had to find out if anyone else had this experience, because it beats every trouble I've had with any MMO... in fact, it's probably the most inane and imbecilic issue I've ever heard of. Here goes.

I started downloading Lineage 2 yesterday at around 5 PM, and let the download run overnight. By 7 PM today the download was at about %99 with half an hour of download left. Then all hell broke loose.

The launcher crashed. In any other game this would be no big deal; you could just reopen the launcher and your download would resume. Not so for Lineage 2. After the crash, I reopened the launcher and the download was back at %0, with 7GB left to go.

I checked my computer, only to discover that the launcher had deleted all of the downloaded files when it crashed. The Lineage 2 folder was completely empty.

As I say, I've dealt with some bizzare shit from MMOs before (mainly because I live in China), but this... goes beyond anything I've ever seen before. I just can't comprehend what kind of fools NCSoft must have hired to make their launcher and how those fools managed the fuck up the launcher so much that it interpeted a crash as an order to delete the files. 

End rant. Another game added to the very long list of games I can't play because of technical issues. 

Comments

• br00klynbr00klyn ConstantaPosts: 8Member Uncommon

That's your bad luck mate.... never happened to me.

• JabasJabas Caldas da RainhaPosts: 1,207Member Common

If you stop a dowload in NCSoft luncher, the download will continue at the point it was stopped.

This is the way allways had worked for me in any game listed there.

• WhySoShortWhySoShort KunmingPosts: 315Member

Originally posted by Jabas

If you stop a dowload in NCSoft luncher, the download will continue at the point it was stopped.

This is the way allways had worked for me in any game listed there.

And it should. The point is it didn't.

• najob75najob75 ZagrebPosts: 40Member

Same problem here. Also gave up. Lots of fish in the sea, though.