Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Dying Allods

huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

I hate to say this but ......Allods is dead. I dont see the upcoming patch to make any difference.  For a game that is so deep seems so shallow once you hit endgame. Same lame quests no real wiki  lucky moments that give you nothing that you really need when your a higher level.  And the  monautnus and hard to get astral runs you need to advance to level 47. 120 gems and the 135 gold you have to turn in for each gem. I think the whole problem with Gpotato there is  a lack of creativity to keep the players playing. When you do the same ol crap over and over again it gets really lame and people lose interest.  

Edgar F Greenwood

Comments

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Yeh i played this game at launch and was havin a ball with it, and then there was Runes of magic also great til the end, i kinda just moved back to WoW after a while... Wasn't there like some massive problem with the Cash shops with Pay to win Items? that drove alot of players away? that what i heard anyway

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

One of the few quality f2p games out there, its sad how badly it was managed. 

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Unfortunately they completely botched their cash shop system in that game. I would imagine by now it has been fixed but people left in droves when they launched due to their exorbitant pricing structure.

Could have been a great game.

But coulda, woulda, shoulda can be applied to more than a few mmos anymore regardless whether they're f2p or p2p.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Mail.ru thought they'd hit the jackpot with Americans playing their game in droves and went for the same CS money-grab that drove away 80% of Russians playing in RU servers. They failed miserably, Americans don't like to have their arm twisted either and about 3 quarters of the population left. The game never recovered and I don't think it ever will.

End game is a gear grind, what is there to say? Repeat the same Astral Allods until you get the pieces you need, refine to make 'em better and better, your typical gear grind. After level 1, you got to level 2, then 3, 4 and 5 on the way. Everything you got from lower levels totally useless, just entry level gear for the next level. Just like WoW probably, though WoW has even more Tiers but the "dungeons" might be better done.

All in all it's a good game that can keep you busy for quite a while, but of course it will get boring eventually.

imageimage
  • huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

No cash shop wasnt the issue and was fixed. The problem is the lack of content in this game to keep high level players  busy.  i would say about 90 percent of the players playing are at  level 46. I know with this new Mega Patch coming its suposed to see a level increase to 51 and a bunch of impossible to do quest or  grindfest quest. I agree with most of you have been posting. It really saddens me on how Gpotato  handles this game. This game was fun back in the day.

Edgar F Greenwood

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

This game's managers "screwed the pooch" with it's utterly disgusting level of greed & it's never recovered, the same money-grubbing bastards run it as before, this game would need to be sold to a more concientious owner to have a chance at real success.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by huskerman34

No cash shop wasnt the issue and was fixed. The problem is the lack of content in this game to keep high level players  busy.  i would say about 90 percent of the players playing are at  level 46. I know with this new Mega Patch coming its suposed to see a level increase to 51 and a bunch of impossible to do quest or  grindfest quest. I agree with most of you have been posting. It really saddens me on how Gpotato  handles this game. This game was fun back in the day.

What? Yes it was. There was a mass exodus from this game when the shop went live due to how things were handled.  Not going to say that isn't the only problem the game had but it never stood a fair chance from the beginning with how that was done.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182

The cash shop was the issue for me.  Maybe they fixed it later but I was already gone.

True it seems this game would be better off with a new publisher.  Gpotato is awful . Sorry  Radio shack servers people cannont download of play the freaking game most of the time.  What pisses me off is that there other games dont have those problems. Its time for pink slips to be handed out in Gpotato. Gpotato listen to your very few players you have left and quit having these lame cc contest and fix this game.  And quit trying to delete the fb comments when someone spits the truth about this game. 

Edgar F Greenwood

• theDukeytheDukey Member UncommonPosts: 102

this game had a ton of potential :(

sucked to see it get ruined by a cash shop

Originally posted by theDukey

Cash shop isnt the issue after the kirah patch.  Holy charms are free they gave us free incence and mount feed after completing a quest. being able to turn gpots into gemshards and sell them at the ah. The only thing i had with cash shops were the junk they were selling in the strongboxes. Now my biggest complaint is the shallow content , playing on a ghost server, and how Gpotato is handling the situation. 

Edgar F Greenwood

• notsurenotsure Member Posts: 39

I also used to play this game since early Cbt until the famous patch , most of my guild ( the biggest on empire side) saw it as an insult when they rigged the game and cash shop to make players 100% dependant on it.Its a shame too i had 4000 gold 3-4 lvl 40 and was enjoying the heck out of pvp and lets not forget future patch that promised guild controlled allods for territorial wars.

The censorship on the forum put them on even ground with RL dictators , even well phrased critism were met with ban's on forum and in game.Such a shame Gpot were allowed to manage it and mail.ru astrum naval etc... those 3 will never get my money.

Originally posted by theDukey

Cash shop isnt the issue after the kirah patch.  Holy charms are free they gave us free incence and mount feed after completing a quest. being able to turn gpots into gemshards and sell them at the ah. The only thing i had with cash shops were the junk they were selling in the strongboxes. Now my biggest complaint is the shallow content , playing on a ghost server, and how Gpotato is handling the situation. 

Cash shop WAS the issue , just as the population started to get to a healthier level they fked up the dungeons astral and cash shop even if they fixed it now like the saying goes too little too late.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

True it seems this game would be better off with a new publisher.  Gpotato is awful . Sorry  Radio shack servers people cannont download of play the freaking game most of the time.  What pisses me off is that there other games dont have those problems. Its time for pink slips to be handed out in Gpotato. Gpotato listen to your very few players you have left and quit having these lame cc contest and fix this game.  And quit trying to delete the fb comments when someone spits the truth about this game. 

Why do people alway blame Gpot? all the greed came from the original Dev's Astrum Nival they did the same on the Russian servers and the player base bolted and they were that desperate and stupid to try the same thing on the EU & US servers. By all accounts the Russian side has recovered. I only stopped playing Allods a month or so ago and the population was OK but nothing great for such a smooth enjoyable MMO it is really is sad to see this happen. Gpot have massive sales all the time and update the game regularly they are just fulfilling their contract I imagine they even advertised the game a on youtube a while back. But as it seems with the MMO world you only get on chance at real success and Astrum Nival blew it big time.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• newbihacknewbihack Member CommonPosts: 36

all I have to say is "stupid as stupid it does."

I heard that the contract with mail.ru ties Gala-net's hands and feet. I'm not sure it's all the fault of Gpotato, but that hardly matters, now does it? The original developer went bankrupt, great vision for a great game but not enough incentives for people to pay for something. That was the game in the early days, then along comes mail.ru picking up this gem and nearly destroying it with the cash shop. They had to release that grip as revenue plummeted instead of increased, but I suppose it's reasonably balanced now as far as F2P games go.

The fact that there is not enough to do at end game is the same problem of all games I guess. Gear grind, gear grind and when that is done, next patch, next gear grind...

I suppose WoW isn't all that different in that respect, except you're tied to a subscription there.

Edit: typo.

imageimage

Its a shame though the game was a good one , im not sure everyone would have went with it but if they needed more funds im sure CS sales and minor price increase would have been acceptable to teh community, but the same problem is always the investors pushing for something they have no idea on.

Personally i blame Gpot for their forum Nazi censorship, it killed the community even more. When you start banning people on forum and in game, Because they expressed their opignions  and concerns you deserve all the trash talk you get in return and bad publicity.

But i agree that they had little their hands and feet tied, from what i remember they did say they would bring the players concern to Gala /mail.ru but they just wouldnt listen :(

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

I thought it was completely dead since Gipat patch, although it was mostly dead ever since the cash shop came out.

• DisapointedDisapointed Member Posts: 4

yea ur right the game is slowley dying  and  will keep going that way till they sort things out and yes the main problem is the play to win, ie, the CS is still expensive.

10 euros for a mount  and then again 40 euros for 1000 cc to make runes rofl with out the runes u dont get to do end  game as most partys wont take u with out at least lvl 4-5 runes, but a select few that farm gspots from the adds  are running around with lvl 10 runes thats 10 10 10/ 10 10 10 so u got no hope of beating  them in pvp and with a  rinc  runing around at lower lvls with this kind of  runes  u batting ur head against a brick wall lol

just to make 1 lvl 10 rune You will need to get 18389 Crystal Chips, 802 Gold Dust flakes, and 512 Level 1 runes.

so i will leave u to work out what it will cost in real money to buy from the cash shop to make 1, but there again u need 6,  3 in defence and 3 in attack so try working out what its going to cost for 6 and this is supposed to be a F2P lol

untill they re work the items and pricing in the CS this game will be just for ppl that have a deep pocket and will remain  low populated, i mean  where in a reccesion and ppl dont have much real money to spend lol

• sofakingdumbsofakingdumb Member Posts: 54

You all need to grow up. The game is running nad growing just fine.

Nothing but a sad bunch of QQr's here.

Half the people that join usually have poor computers, and quit nad QQ

Another half are just poor non working tard students. They QQ about price. Then go play sub game. Why in a f2p game if you think the price is silly and compare to wow. IF you compare to wow, you should never have left wow.

Also, Internet on everage is $25, alone, minimum connection. $45 with a top speed and bundle maybe. A MONTH.

So, your moms should pull the plug on your net till you get a job. When you get a job, you have money. When you have money, you cna game competitvely. Stop biatching about prices if your poor. If your poor, go out and get a job, or just lay outside. 

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

:'-(

• NalawinNalawin Member Posts: 2

I played this game just after the gipat patch, and only lasted till about level 18 before i decide it was not a free to play game (just after all my free incense ran out and i realized i couldnt kill anything).

I recently decided to give it another try and have been pleasantly surprised as all the issues i had have been fixed.  Yes the cash shop is still there and will make leveling, gearing, etc easier, but it is not required now.  Almost everything can be bought with in game gold, but you have to put the time in but that is the case with any F2P game.  When i started playing again they had an event running that was giving out mounts for doing some rep quest and turning in special coins, so you dont even need to pay for a mount you just need to be patient and participate in the event when they come around.

If you left this game previously i would give it another shot, and if you are just looking for a F2P MMO i would give this one a shot.  i have Played ROM and i think the balance to paying and non-paying players is better in this game.

• DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237

I agree with the guy above me, the game seems to be growing steadily. i myself am new to Allods and so far ive been having a pretty good time, the sights are nice, the music is quiet amazing in some areas. Im Currently Level 11 Ranger.

Originally posted by Nalawin

I played this game just after the gipat patch, and only lasted till about level 18 before i decide it was not a free to play game (just after all my free incense ran out and i realized i couldnt kill anything).

I recently decided to give it another try and have been pleasantly surprised as all the issues i had have been fixed.  Yes the cash shop is still there and will make leveling, gearing, etc easier, but it is not required now.  Almost everything can be bought with in game gold, but you have to put the time in but that is the case with any F2P game.  When i started playing again they had an event running that was giving out mounts for doing some rep quest and turning in special coins, so you dont even need to pay for a mount you just need to be patient and participate in the event when they come around.

If you left this game previously i would give it another shot, and if you are just looking for a F2P MMO i would give this one a shot.  i have Played ROM and i think the balance to paying and non-paying players is better in this game.

If your reference is playing just after the Gipat patch hit, then you couldn't have tried it at a worse time. That was the killer patch that just about decimated the player base (I like to exagerate a bit :P ). That was really the dark era of Allods Online. Things have been getting increasingly better. Events, expansions, incense not required any more. Cash Shop is almost entirely optional though you'll want some of the things in there like extra bag space early on. To enjoy all the end game content you'll need runes, but even those can be purchased with in game gold. You'll need a lot of gold, but it's certainly doable. Events frequently hand out tons of other CS items (like costumes, elixirs, mounts and even tokens for extra bag space), sometimes to the point of sounding too good to be true.

Support has been getting better and better as well. Come to think of it, I should be updating their support rating, they have pleasantly surprised me recently.

imageimage
  • krem4opldkrem4opld Member Posts: 12

I have to agree with the post and thread :(( Which really saddens me btw. Even when i started playing this game it had Low Population on all servers in EU and US. Dunno why gpotato didnt merge them :-? Sadly nothing different happened after the last expansio (Game of Gods, was it?)