Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't call me a hater because I don't like the game

Comments

• hupahupa Member UncommonPosts: 157

Originally posted by pharazonic

Originally posted by hupa

Why do fanbois reply to hater's thread?

Seriously. 

Anyway, this isn't even a "hate" thread. It seemed to me to be a thread from a guy who loves SW IP and massively disappointed in SWTOR. If that qualifies as "hate" to you then you get an A on the fanboi test. 

Actually I played the last two betas and decided not to buy the game. I don't like it at all. But the refreshing thingy on the first page is full of SWTOR stuff so you can't ignore it. Sorry for being such a fanboi.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Seriously. 

Anyway, this isn't even a "hate" thread. It seemed to me to be a thread from a guy who loves SW IP and massively disappointed in SWTOR. If that qualifies as "hate" to you then you get an A on the fanboi test. 

I know some of you would defend a George Lucas turd  on the sidewalk from flies till it turned white , and I think its noble, but this one does not deseve your time.

I dunno, the above quote sounds a bit hate-ish to me.  But I suppose some people could come on here and say that EA and Bioware are all pedophiles or mass murderers and you'd probably accuse people of being fanboys for disagreeing.  

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484
    When I don't like a game... I like to spend my free time talking about it. Cool huh.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Originally posted by Shivam

No surprise there considering you think OP presented himself in mature manner. lol

He did. Until the fanbois started trolling him anyway.

To me posting snide trash that doesn't contribute to anything is immature.

OP called a spade and spade. He spoke for himself and only himself. He was met with hostility and derision from the fanbois. 

The latter is immature in my eyes; the OP's initial behaviour was not. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Seriously. 

I know some of you would defend a George Lucas turd  on the sidewalk from flies till it turned white , and I think its noble, but this one does not deseve your time.

I dunno, the above quote sounds a bit hate-ish to me.  But I suppose some people could come on here and say that EA and Bioware are all pedophiles or mass murderers and you'd probably accuse people of being fanboys for disagreeing.  

The irony of this whole topic is that he himself is a fanboi of GW2.. but that is allowed i guess.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

No surprise there considering you think OP presented himself in mature manner. lol

He did. Until the fanbois started trolling him anyway.

To me posting snide trash that doesn't contribute to anything is immature.

OP called a spade and spade. He spoke for himself and only himself. He was met with hostility and derision from the fanbois. 

The latter is immature in my eyes; the OP's initial behaviour was not. 

Oh please, the whole OP was a bait and immature passive / agrresive jab at SWTOR players. You are supporting him because you just need someones shoulder to fire your gun. I wasn't born yesterday sir. 

This is what passes for maturity these days.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• AzmodaiAzmodai Member UncommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by DexterMMO

When I don't like a game... I like to spend my free time talking about it. Cool huh.

When i like a game.... I like to spend my free time talking about it instead of playing it. Cool huh.

See what i did there?=D

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484
    Not my free time, posting from my phone cause work bores me.

but I will argue liking a game and posting on the forums is logical and reasonable while hating a product yet continually proclaiming your dislike is annoying and childish. Could even be selfish and hateful. Selfish because if they dislike it they want to spread their dislike to others.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Originally posted by Azmodai

When i like a game.... I like to spend my free time talking about it instead of playing it. Cool huh.

See what i did there?=D

Some people don't game 24/7, it's called having a life.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

The one thing I would agree with the OP about is I would have liked to see better character creation . Maybe in the future with luck .

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

90% of star wars games are crap, swtor is a good game but they could of done alot better. more effort should of went into the player races to make them unique, giving a human blue skin or green skin just doesn't cut it. Npc's are too static they could of at least gave them some scripting to make them seem alive and not like statues. space combat is an after thought, go the whole way with space combat or don' do it at all. ships should be customizable, there should be a ship wright profession. crafting is a complete joke, its even more simplified than wow. The game needs a day/night cycle eternal sunshine is not immersive. other than that the game is fun.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by leojreimroc

Originally posted by DarkPony

Ok.

Well said.

Agreed.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    See what I mean? The op says "don't call me a hater!" then the thread devolved into calling everyone a fanboy.

If these same people that have no problem calling people fanboys, can't handle a taste o their own medicine, then the moderators here need to ban the use of both terms.

Simple as that. Calling someone names is a personal attack which is against therules here, but for some reason we have this strange exception to the rule in this case.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

Originally posted by sanosukex

many people feel the exact same way.. but don't worry I'm sure someone will come on here and say you SHOULD have known exactly what you were getting into before you played.. which is complete BS.. either way the game is fun enough for a bioware/star wars fan but is nothing revolutionary not even close.. its a mediocre game from many many aspects and if you are burned out on themeparks you probably will find many Issues while playing

BS why? when will you people understand that what is average for you could be amazing for someone else. I am sure you are a fan of lots of amazing stuff which would be completely average for me. Am i going to call BS on your taste? nope. See it is a grown up thing really.

A game doesn't need to be revolutionry to be fun.. and what revolutionary games you are playing lately? i will gladly join you. 

you know what I was actaully stopping from quoting you for the past 4 other threads that you posted in but then I though a soul lost following (in your signature) Gandhi who slept naked with his two neices and have them sleep naked to supposidly stop himself from having any sexual thoughts and also distroying indian and also odering that the british kill shaheed udam singh because he went and did what any man would do to protect his country, i cant take a word you say. 

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

Originally posted by sammyeli

many people feel the exact same way.. but don't worry I'm sure someone will come on here and say you SHOULD have known exactly what you were getting into before you played.. which is complete BS.. either way the game is fun enough for a bioware/star wars fan but is nothing revolutionary not even close.. its a mediocre game from many many aspects and if you are burned out on themeparks you probably will find many Issues while playing

BS why? when will you people understand that what is average for you could be amazing for someone else. I am sure you are a fan of lots of amazing stuff which would be completely average for me. Am i going to call BS on your taste? nope. See it is a grown up thing really.

A game doesn't need to be revolutionry to be fun.. and what revolutionary games you are playing lately? i will gladly join you. 

you know what I was actaully stopping from quoting you for the past 4 other threads that you posted in but then I though a soul lost following (in your signature) Gandhi who slept naked with his two neices to supposidly stop himself from having any sexual thoughts and also distroying indian and also odering that the british kill shaheed udam sing because he went and did what any man would do to protect his country, i cant take a word you say. 

And i should take your word.. some random forum guy? about Mahatama Gandhi's personal life and his teachings? okay? this topic can't get any more bizzare.

you know what I was actaully stopping from quoting you for the past 4 other threads that you posted in but then I though a soul lost following (in your signature) Gandhi who slept naked with his two neices to supposidly stop himself from having any sexual thoughts and also distroying indian and also odering that the british kill shaheed udam sing because he went and did what any man would do to protect his country, i cant take a word you say. 

And i should take your word.. some random forum guy? about Mahatama Gandhi's personal life and his teachings? okay? this topic can't get any more bizzare.

His teaching? he ruined india for many years creating indo-pak war because of his doing. i cant take you seriously because you are oblivious to real life there fore your words here are probably matching in the fantasy world.

lol i just read that and man, and im just getting into the wrong arguement and sorry carry on.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

His teaching? he ruined india for many years creating indo-pak war because of his doing. i cant take you seriously because you are oblivious to real life there fore your words here are probably matching in the fantasy world.

lol i just read that and man, and im just getting into the wrong arguement and sorry carry on.

Oh btw i didnt give you a word to take i simply said i wasnt goign to take your word.

Carl Sagan-

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

You sure 'bout that? Here I go then:

Humanity is not an ocean. I know, because I've asked the ocean.

Yes this discussion has gone completely off topic now into bizarro realm because some random guy on forum claims to know facts about Mahatma Gandhi's real life. And he thinks he somehow should be taken more seriously for this. Wait for further bizzaro entertainment on mmorpg.com right after the break.

man are you clueless

Carl Sagan-

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Originally posted by leojreimroc

Originally posted by DarkPony

Ok.

Well said.

Agreed.

The truth.

man are you clueless

I completely agree with you...i just loved that quote because it is true about how few people shouldn't make you hate entire humanity but that somehow makes me clueless and opens the door to discuss about Gandhi's sex life.

You are righ it is me who is clueless. But i will go by that quote and not hate entire humanity because you exist in world. Promise.

man are you clueless

I completely agree with you...i just loved that quote because it is true about how few people shouldn't make you hate entire humanity but that somehow makes me clueless and opens the door to discuss about Gandhi's sex life.

You are righ it is me who is clueless. But i will go by that quote and not hate entire humanity because you exist in world. Promise.

OK!

Yet when I tell you something you hate the fact that I said something about gandhi therefore you retaliate. isnt it nice how humanity works not liek an oceans which adapts to all shapes and sizes

Carl Sagan-

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by Redcor

I saw Star Wars : A new hope in the theaters

I owned all the original toys

I know tons of trivia, have read the books , and love Star Wars lore.

I was overseas in the military so I missed SWG saddly but glad I missed SOE's destruction of it

I have followed SWTOR with baited breath. Joined A guild a year ago, anticipated , and waited

I bought the collectors Edition the day it came out and gleefully planned my attack, witch classes I would roll first

I jumped for joy when I got a beta invite

I nearly pissed myself when the opening movie was playing "I think it looked better than the last 3 movies"

Then my heart sank when I started to play, level after level was more and more dissapointing to me . From the character creation to the end I wondered were the huge amounts of money went. Then I figured it out. I went into marketing.   Time will show this for what it is.

So all of you calling people like me haters remember that none of us existed before the game came out and the real haters were at it before release. Many of us are just dissapionted that we don't like it and that it did not live up to the hype.  

Corparations like EA will be glad to feed us crap if we eat it up. And especially if we fight over it. I think its time for an occupy EA movement.

Ok so you hate the game, dont feel bad, I hate Eve, I cant stand looking at a dark screen with little dots on it and yet there are many who love Eve (i think they are mostly math nerds LOL) who cannot believe that i dont think its fantastic, I think it is more boring than watching paint dry..  I do however love SWTOR, I love the story, the intrigue, the politics, the combat, and the atmosphere. To ME it is the greatest MMO I have ever played and I have played many of them

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Originally posted by DexterMMO

Some people just like to come here and speak their minds on the subject they like,in this case MMO's..

whether it be positive or negative,this is what message boards are for.

This discussion has been closed.