Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Don't call me a hater because I don't like the game

245

Comments

  • IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member

    Heh, trying to live-moderate this could be entertaining.  But I despair that anyone is really serious about changing the atmosphere on this board.

    Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

  • sanosukexsanosukex Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,836Member

    Originally posted by Shivam

    Originally posted by sanosukex


    Originally posted by Cthulhu23


    Originally posted by sanosukex

    many people feel the exact same way.. but don't worry I'm sure someone will come on here and say you SHOULD have known exactly what you were getting into before you played.. which is complete BS.. either way the game is fun enough for a bioware/star wars fan but is nothing revolutionary not even close.. its a mediocre game from many many aspects and if you are burned out on themeparks you probably will find many Issues while playing

    WARNING:  The above is strictly one man's opinion, and should not in any way, shape, or form be construed as fact, despite any attempts to justify it as such.  

     

    and so is anything the above poster posts and the one above that and the one above that and on and on.. also I had a similar experience to this guy and I'm sure we are not the only two and judging from the amount of feedback on several differn't forums I can tell many many people feel similar

    And i see much much more positive feedback..does that prove anything? i don't think so.

    and niether does any of that feedback so whats your point? my point is I felt very similar to the OP in many of his points so obviously we share similar views on the game.. saying that I'm sure many more felt the same and saying that sure many are loving it.. the point is on all these threads for some reason the people who love the good to no end can't fathom why many of us are being critical on it..  niether side is 100% right or wrong obviously its just perspectives.. I just happen to share this guys perspective..

  • zymurgeistzymurgeist Pittsville, VAPosts: 5,211Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Redcor

    Originally posted by Gdemami

     




    Originally posted by Redcor

      Corparations like EA will be glad to feed us crap if we eat it up. And especially if we fight over it. I think its time for an occupy EA movement.



     

    People are not called haters for not liking the game but this quoted part above ^^.



    Just another hate thread that won't get moderated :/

    Whats hatefull about that ? My opinion that EA destroys good games ? do you work for them ?

     EA doesn't destroy games. They destroy gaming studios. Anyone seen Mythic lately?

    "Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

  • ShivamShivam MilanPosts: 465Member

    Originally posted by pharazonic

    Originally posted by Gdemami

     




    Originally posted by Redcor

     

    I know some of you would defend a George Lucas turd on the sidewalk from flies till it turned white , and I think its noble, but this one does not deseve your time.

      Corparations like EA will be glad to feed us crap if we eat it up. And especially if we fight over it. I think its time for an occupy EA movement.



     

    People are not called haters for not liking the game but this quoted part above ^^.



    Just another hate thread that won't get moderated :/

    Just another santimonious response that provides nothing of value to the community. 

    At least the OP justified himself well enough in a mature, honest manner. 

    /facepalm

    You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

    image

  • ScoutMastrScoutMastr Washingtyon, TXPosts: 140Member

    I'm trying to like it, but I definitely won't defend it--NOT MY JOB. I do wonder why people seem so emotionally invested in this game that they have to defend criticisms...maybe it is their job?

     

    I read a post earlier where someone was saying that this game lacks humor--I thought that was funny because that's actually some of the feedback I gave during the beta weekends...where's the humor?--just a little would be nice--and I'm not talking about that annoying protocol droid on my ship.

     

    Other annoyances I have...and they're little things that just bug me because they scream low quality. First, and this isn't game specific, but why are devs so lazy that they have to recycle the same starports, just with different skin...why not make each one look completely alien...you know, because they're on different worlds?--it's easily justifiable by saying maybe the same corporation built them all over the galaxy, but that's lame. Second, why is the planet, I see through my ship's front view port, locked on to my player distance-wise...if I back up, the planet backs up to the view port with me, making it appear larger--it just annoys me to see that, because it screams "cut corners". Also, the "taxi" rides are terrible...as if they didn't spend anytime on physics or the paths the vehicles would take. And another thing--did they consult an architect with the building designs? Because the floor plans make no sense whatsoever, not to mention the city layout...sure they made everything look "GRAND", but nonsensical. Some of these things aren't SWTOR specific, and they're definitely not game breaking, but it does make you wonder where the money went.

     

    One thing that's become obvious to me...you can dress up a grind however you want, and it's still a grind...I hate seeing new mission icons appear on my map...I better get back to it.

  • sanosukexsanosukex Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,836Member

    Originally posted by zymurgeist

    Originally posted by Redcor


    Originally posted by Gdemami

     




    Originally posted by Redcor

      Corparations like EA will be glad to feed us crap if we eat it up. And especially if we fight over it. I think its time for an occupy EA movement.



     

    People are not called haters for not liking the game but this quoted part above ^^.



    Just another hate thread that won't get moderated :/

    Whats hatefull about that ? My opinion that EA destroys good games ? do you work for them ?

     EA doen't destroy games. They destroy gaming studios. Anyone seen Mythic lately?

    once EA gets invloved this goes pretty much hand in hand hence dragon age 2...

  • RedcorRedcor Austin, TXPosts: 426Member

    Originally posted by Icewhite

    Heh, trying to live-moderate this could be entertaining.  But I despair that anyone is really serious about changing the atmosphere on this board.

    for someone that said they didn't want to fight you sure talk allot.

    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

  • sanosukexsanosukex Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,836Member

    Originally posted by ScoutMastr

    I'm trying to like it, but I definitely won't defend it--NOT MY JOB. I do wonder why people seem so emotionally invested in this game that they have to defend criticisms...maybe it is their job?

    MMOs take a TON of time out of peoples lives in most instances.. many play these games for 4 hours+ a day for very very long periods of time.. do you really have to wonder why people get emotionally invested in anything they put that much time into?

  • ShivamShivam MilanPosts: 465Member

    Originally posted by sanosukex

     

    and niether does any of that feedback so whats your point? my point is I felt very similar to the OP in many of his points so obviously we share similar views on the game.. saying that I'm sure many more felt the same and saying that sure many are loving it.. the point is on all these threads for some reason the people who love the good to no end can't fathom why many of us are being critical on it..  niether side is 100% right or wrong obviously its just perspectives.. I just happen to share this guys perspective..

    There is difference between being critical and announcing BS on anyone who refuse to agree with you. Problem is that there are hardly any critical posts but lot more jabs and passive / agressive insults towards those who are enjoying SWTOR. And OP is perfect example.

    You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

    image

  • GdemamiGdemami Beau VallonPosts: 7,860Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by ScoutMastr
    I'm trying to like it, but I definitely won't defend it--NOT MY JOB. I do wonder why people seem so emotionally invested in this game that they have to defend criticisms...maybe it is their job? 

    I can't speak for other but for me it isn't about defending the game but rather the forums.

    These stupid hate/troll posts just spam the forums making it hard to read...

  • IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member

    Originally posted by Redcor

    Originally posted by Icewhite

    Heh, trying to live-moderate this could be entertaining.  But I despair that anyone is really serious about changing the atmosphere on this board.

    for someone that said they didn't want to fight you sure talk allot.

    You just couldn't resist in the long run.  All right, I see the "me toos" circling the thread and beginning to pick at the carcass, so this thread is headed for devolution into just another of the same old.

    Enjoy your evening everyone.

    /out

     

     

    Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

  • RedcorRedcor Austin, TXPosts: 426Member

    C-ya...I'm done to you can pick at it any way you want. I'll be back in a few months when the turd has turned white and the flies have lost interest. Buu Byyy

    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

  • RizelStarRizelStar Raleigh, NCPosts: 2,773Member

    Originally posted by sanosukex

    many people feel the exact same way.. but don't worry I'm sure someone will come on here and say you SHOULD have known exactly what you were getting into before you played.. which is complete BS.. either way the game is fun enough for a bioware/star wars fan but is nothing revolutionary not even close.. its a mediocre game from many many aspects and if you are burned out on themeparks you probably will find many Issues while playing

    Some are wishing they would of known about the ability delays.

    I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

    I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

    P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

    Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

  • Angier2758Angier2758 Mt. Prospect, ILPosts: 1,011Member

    Originally posted by Redcor

    I saw Star Wars : A new hope in the theaters

    I owned all the original toys

    I know tons of trivia, have read the books , and love Star Wars lore.

    I was overseas in the military so I missed SWG saddly but glad I missed SOE's destruction of it

    I have followed SWTOR with baited breath. Joined A guild a year ago, anticipated , and waited

    I bought the collectors Edition the day it came out and gleefully planned my attack, witch classes I would roll first

    I jumped for joy when I got a beta invite

    I nearly pissed myself when the opening movie was playing "I think it looked better than the last 3 movies"

       Then my heart sank when I started to play, level after level was more and more dissapointing to me . From the character creation to the end I wondered were the huge amounts of money went. Then I figured it out. I went into marketing.   Time will show this for what it is.

       So all of you calling people like me haters remember that none of us existed before the game came out and the real haters were at it before release. Many of us are just dissapionted that we don't like it and that it did not live up to the hype.  

      I know some of you would defend a George Lucas turd  on the sidewalk from flies till it turned white , and I think its noble, but this one does not deseve your time.

      Corparations like EA will be glad to feed us crap if we eat it up. And especially if we fight over it. I think its time for an occupy EA movement.

    Why do you have to tell us?  I mean seriously.... the same haters post in every thread over and over... it's like Rush Limbaugh preaching to his conservative base...  if you post a hater thread (and this is one btw) the same people agree every time.  

     

    I happen to enjoy the game; more power to me eh?

  • ShivamShivam MilanPosts: 465Member

    Originally posted by Redcor

    C-ya...I'm done to you can pick at it any way you want. I'll be back in a few months when the turd has turned white and the flies have lost interest. Buu Byyy

    Now someone will come in and tell us you presented yourself in mature and honest manner. 

    You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

    image

  • EudaimonEudaimon ExeterPosts: 116Member Uncommon

    Sounds like you had high expectations which the game didn't meet.  Whose fault is that?  Perhaps the game's, or yours, or more probably a bit of both.   Hope you find something you do like.

    Aside : Even if the game doesn't suit now, see how it sits with you later perhaps (money and/or special offers permitting) - the expectations may have paled by then and you may perhaps like it then.  But, if not....not!

    OT : So, if you don't want this (rather divided) board to call you a "hater" - how about a "disliker"? :P

  • hupahupa VaasaPosts: 30Member

    Why do fanbois reply to hater's thread?

  • sanosukexsanosukex Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,836Member

    Originally posted by Shivam

    Originally posted by Redcor

    C-ya...I'm done to you can pick at it any way you want. I'll be back in a few months when the turd has turned white and the flies have lost interest. Buu Byyy

    Now someone will come in and tell us you presented yourself in mature and honest manner. 

    heh well I woludn't go that far...

  • ShivamShivam MilanPosts: 465Member

    Originally posted by hupa

    Why do fanbois reply to hater's thread?

    Maybe because it is like watching a car wreck? it is fun to watch isn't it? ;o

    You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

    image

  • ShivamShivam MilanPosts: 465Member

    *chuckles*

    You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

    image

  • dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member
    Can people stop calling us fanboys just because we like the game then?

    Personally I very rarely use the term "hater" but I will post my disagreements with those that don't like it. This usually gets labeled as "fanboyism" even though I am fully aware and admit to the games flaws when I see them as such.

    The people I would consider "Haters" are those that post two line threads with little to no information, or those that post outright lies and misinformation that can be easily disproved.

    If you don't like the style of the game, the story, the art, or whatever that's perfectly fine. I dont think this makes you a hater.

    What people need to realize, however, is that those of you that don't like the game (not everyone) love to throw around the term fanboy at anyone and everyone that likes the game or disagrees with them. This is a SWTOR forum, and people need to realize that there will be people here that like the game.

    Not saying that the OP is guilty of this, but I see the word fanboy thrown around here a lot. It's insulting, rude, and just plain incorrect most of the time.

    I think that it would be great if the moderators would start actually doing something about this. They say they don't allow personal attacks but both of these terms are little more than personal attacks in my opinion.

    How is calling someone a hater or a fanboy anything but a personal attack?

    Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

    The Secret World - Dragons

    Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

    Tera - Dragonfall Server

    http://www.shadowshand.com

  • DeolusDeolus DoncasterPosts: 392Member

    Originally posted by hupa

    Why do fanbois reply to hater's thread?

    Dunno, I thought they would be playing their bland game..

     

  • bosmer24bosmer24 boise, IDPosts: 114Member

    I love being a hater,and there is nothing wrong with being a hater.If nobody ever disagreed with the popular opinion nothing would ever change,right?I get quite tired of hearing about SWTOR as well,from friends preaching about it endlessly to every forum post being about SWTOR.

    I keep telling people i have no interest in SWTOR,and i guess that is enough for them to call me a "hater".So i get where you're coming from.

    Anyways   DUNE  >  star wars  

  • pharazonicpharazonic LDNPosts: 860Member

    Originally posted by hupa

    Why do fanbois reply to hater's thread?

    Seriously. 

    Anyway, this isn't even a "hate" thread. It seemed to me to be a thread from a guy who loves SW IP and massively disappointed in SWTOR. If that qualifies as "hate" to you then you get an A on the fanboi test. 

    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

    I need to take this advice more.

  • sanosukexsanosukex Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,836Member

    Originally posted by dubyahite

    Can people stop calling us fanboys just because we like the game then?



    Personally I very rarely use the term "hater" but I will post my disagreements with those that don't like it. This usually gets labeled as "fanboyism" even though I am fully aware and admit to the games flaws when I see them as such.



    The people I would consider "Haters" are those that post two line threads with little to no information, or those that post outright lies and misinformation that can be easily disproved.



    If you don't like the style of the game, the story, the art, or whatever that's perfectly fine. I dont think this makes you a hater.



    What people need to realize, however, is that those of you that don't like the game (not everyone) love to throw around the term fanboy at anyone and everyone that likes the game or disagrees with them. This is a SWTOR forum, and people need to realize that there will be people here that like the game.



    Not saying that the OP is guilty of this, but I see the word fanboy thrown around here a lot. It's insulting, rude, and just plain incorrect most of the time.



    I think that it would be great if the moderators would start actually doing something about this. They say they don't allow personal attacks but both of these terms are little more than personal attacks in my opinion.



    How is calling someone a hater or a fanboy anything but a personal attack?

    only people i would call pure fanboys are people who defend this game on EVERY single account.. and honestly I haven't see that many of those type of people anywhere but I do feel some people are being a little overly generous on how good this game really is.. I agree its a fun game or i wouldn't be playing but it does have a LOT of issues

This discussion has been closed.