Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm tired of defending TOR

Hope to get a days extension to my subscription.

I'm tired of defending TOR when this is the second time they mess up.

First with the suspense over the pre-launch time and day.

Now a 6hrs turned to 8hrs server maint.

Try to get to their forums sory no can't. If can no can't post.

There are small things that helps quell the frustration but Bio and EA don't want to help on that.

I'm tired of defending the game when they don't organize themselves and don't comunicate to their gamers.

What is the trouble of saying, "sory we had an unexpected problem, triying to solve it ASP"

"We are eating at this moment come back at _:_ _ "

C'mon how difficult it is to just say Sory (this happened)

Keep it up and this game will be out as good as it came

Comments

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

ToR doesn't need defending.

• 69Cuda69Cuda Member Posts: 251

What?

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

Originally posted by noxiel

There are small things that helps quell the frustration but Bio and EA don't want to help on that.

I'm tired of defending the game when they don't organize themselves and don't comunicate to their gamers.

What is the trouble of saying, "sory we had an unexpected problem, triying to solve it ASP"

This maintenance has been planned for days.. it was posted when you log into the game, or when you check the site...  everyone was warned there would be downtime today.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by Precusor

Bingo!!

Game is amazing and should speak for itself.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• NobadeeftwNobadeeftw Member UncommonPosts: 129

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Then don't. If you like it then go play it. If you don't like it then close your subscription and move on.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Seems we have a perfect match between developers and community :)

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

No need to defend TOR.  The numbers continue and will continue to defend itself from all the haters.

At work we have a hater who does his best to destroy others from playoing the game. Being a defender myself I simply say play for yourself and I will let the game speak for itself.  Now he is very quiet as no one agrees with him.

The haters and fan boys both have egos and need to have them satsified by people agreeing or disagreeing with them.

• LinkofpowerLinkofpower Member UncommonPosts: 27

Brotip: Server maintenance isn't always just patching the game.

They've mentioned several times that they were working on a fix for the queues and lag spikes.

You know how you fix things like that? installing new servers, improving server infrastructure, things ou hav eto take the game down to do. Things you don't put in patch notes.

This is.. literally server maintenance downtime, not patch downtime.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Um server maintenance is always tuesday buddy. You should plan on not playing around that time every Tuesday.

Also, these things often get extended in other games. It happens.

Just remember, on Tuesdays, don't count on TOR being available the full day.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

All this QQing over 2 hours?!  Lol!  Chill out.  Read a book.  Do something productive.

• People really go crazy when they can't get their TOR fix :D

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by maskedweasel

This maintenance has been planned for days.. it was posted when you log into the game, or when you check the site...  everyone was warned there would be downtime today.

Bioware uses Facebook and Twitter a lot for "up to the minute" news updates.

I hate it, but it's the "new" way of doing things - social media.

In fact there is a post on their facebook about the extended downtime.

Have to use social media for the up to the minute updates from the devs.

Sad, but true. Welcome to the modern age.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

What did people do before TOR?

The way they act when they cant play it's like we were all having bamboo shoved under our fingernails before it came around, and any time without it, even when they are fixing things, is an unbearable agony that not only cant but shant be forgiven!

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Man I knew about the downtime and I'm not even playing the damn game. Been hearing my buddies bitch about it since they announced it as it hit right during their prime game time on their off shifts.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

Originally posted by Precusor

idd,it flops anyway

• RabiaRabia Member Posts: 622

If daily server reboots happened, these kind of protracted and random down times wouldn't happen.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Rabia

If daily server reboots happened, these kind of protracted and random down times wouldn't happen.

Yes, yes they would.

This myth of a "perfect" server is just that - a myth.

• Voracity2325Voracity2325 Member Posts: 40

NO, LANCELOT! NOOOOOOO!!! Whatever will the kingdom of TORalot do without you? The game will succeed or fail all the same. It is, however, a shame that we lost such a Gallant Knight! On a more serious note, I'm sure I wasn't the only one that thought of the scenario when they saw the title of this thread. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this may have cost you. This is the 1st time in MMO history that a maintenance extended further than expected. And I am so sorry that you ruled that out as a possibility.

For most people, character development and personal story ends upon clicking "Log in" if not "Start Game"

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Really? This wouldnt be the first game to run into downtiem that took longer than it was supposed to espcially  just after a launch. Facebook had a status update about the longer than expected downtime. Im sure the forums did as well, If you could get on there. But meh, If your going to complain about that , there is probably nto much I can say ...

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Originally posted by sumdumguy1

No need to defend TOR.  The numbers continue and will continue to defend itself from all the haters.

At work we have a hater who does his best to destroy others from playoing the game. Being a defender myself I simply say play for yourself and I will let the game speak for itself.  Now he is very quiet as no one agrees with him.

The haters and fan boys both have egos and need to have them satsified by people agreeing or disagreeing with them.

No need to hate either, this game actually made me want to play a space game for now and that way (+Steam Christmas Sale) I found EVE.

Now I'm in that galaxy far far away, without voice overs which is nice. (the last part of the sentence needs to be read with Borat's voice)

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Hah if you think 6-8 hour mainatence is bad you should have been in beta when they took theservers down for 2 weeks with no word when the servers would come back except soon. In my hgeta expereince their communication and caring for their customers is very bad. They seem to care very little about inconviencing people. But then again they have sold 2+ million boxes and have likley guaranteed that they have made thier money back.  So what do they care.  MMO players have short memories,

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

I don't understand the mentality.

Ok if someone posts that they hate a game... so what?

If someone posts that they love a game... so what?

When someone expresses their opinion it is 100% correct and reality for them.   No amount of "defending" or hating will change that fact.

Why do people defend games?   If you are not a share holder or employee why is anyone defending a product?   You buy it and you like it... go play it and stop posting on the forums.   In fact how can someone who is enjoying a game be taking time (many seem to have no end of time) to be on the forums constantly to defend a game.

If someone is posting on a forum they hate a game...  well obviously if they have no game to play they have time to post.   Along with unless they are violating forum rules they have every right to post.   They don't have to move on.. go outside or get a life.

When I enjoy a game... if every other gamer on the planet hated it... it wouldn't change the fact I enjoy it.  

If I think a game is horrible.. its not going to matter how much you enjoy it.. I will still think its crap in a box.

I guess I'm just missing what the need or point is in defending a product I have nothing to do with.   Why not just make your own thread about the things you think are good in the game, instead of trying to tell someone else their opinion is wrong?

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Always puzzled me why people feel the need to defend a game. It is not like it is your game to defend...

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by BadSpock

Originally posted by Rabia

Yes, yes they would.

This myth of a "perfect" server is just that - a myth.

Ditto.  Stuff happens.  If the timing is bad for stuff to happen, that makes it all the more likely that stuff will happen.

Murphy must have been a network admin :-)

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.