Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVE RP or PVP RP?

pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

I am about to sub to the game and i noticed a few things that confused me a bit.

1) I noticed that there are some servers with the (Trial only) tag. Does that mean we will be forced to move if we develope a char there?

2) What the difference of PVP RP and PVE RP in RIFT? I had the impression that there is no open world pvp ?

Is there now and how good/big is it?

3) How is the RP doing? Have any suggestion for a good RP EU guild thats is also into some good pvp?

4)Whats the best addon for custom UI. I mainly want to be able to move chat/target portraits.

5) Do souls really give you freedom to develop your toon the way you like? Last time i tried the game i had the impression that you should follow the recommended classes/souls or else you could get many spells that would not "connect" or benefit with eachother.

Thank a lot for all answers!

Merry Christmas to all!

Comments

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

Let me add one more question

6) How good are guild features?Are guilds satisfied? Are there plans for making guild life richer?

Woww i can't believe noone is answering a simple post about RIFT anymore.....

• GrayGreeneGrayGreene Member Posts: 239

Originally posted by pupurun

I am about to sub to the game and i noticed a few things that confused me a bit.

1) I noticed that there are some servers with the (Trial only) tag. Does that mean we will be forced to move if we develope a char there?

2) What the difference of PVP RP and PVE RP in RIFT? I had the impression that there is no open world pvp ?

3) How is the RP doing? Have any suggestion for a good RP EU guild thats is also into some good pvp?

4)Whats the best addon for custom UI. I mainly want to be able to move chat/target portraits.

5) Do souls really give you freedom to develop your toon the way you like? Last time i tried the game i had the impression that you should follow the recommended classes/souls or else you could get many spells that would not "connect" or benefit with eachother.

Merry Christmas to all!

Don't know much about the trial other that most likely you move to another server after you sub.  

There is plenty open world pvp on pvp servers.  Right now no pvp RP is worth it because of a mixed bag in population.  Free transfers mean only a few shards have settled in to a solid base.  Check  Rift Shard Watch to see population trends.  The Wolfsbane pve shard is extremely populated and lively, although the warfront ques at lower levels take an average of 10 minutes to pop.  Any pvp shard will have open world pvp but most is in the high level areas.  I enjoyed plenty of open world pvp though on sunrest at all levels before the population dip.  RIght now subs seem to be coming back to Rift, with most players transfering to the shards getting the traffic.  Dayblind and Briarcliff are good pvp shards.  The role-playing used to be busy on sunrest shard, but not so sure now.

The souls give very good flexibility and customization with lots of choices.  In addition, the wardrobe system and dyes provide flexibility and cool customization for appearance.  The soul system however is one of Rifts shining features, and truly does provide a bit more depth and advantage to players looking to research their roles and abilities.  If you like pvp this game is polished and tight.  It also rewards those players who think about mobility versus pure stat increases.

Originally posted by GrayGreene

Originally posted by pupurun

Merry Christmas to all!

Don't know much about the trial other that most likely you move to another server after you sub.  

There is plenty open world pvp on pvp servers.  Right now no pvp RP is worth it because of a mixed bag in population.  Free transfers mean only a few shards have settled in to a solid base.  Check  Rift Shard Watch to see population trends.  The Wolfsbane pve shard is extremely populated and lively, although the warfront ques at lower levels take an average of 10 minutes to pop.  Any pvp shard will have open world pvp but most is in the high level areas.  I enjoyed plenty of open world pvp though on sunrest at all levels before the population dip.  RIght now subs seem to be coming back to Rift, with most players transfering to the shards getting the traffic.  Dayblind and Briarcliff are good pvp shards.  The role-playing used to be busy on sunrest shard, but not so sure now.

The souls give very good flexibility and customization with lots of choices.  In addition, the wardrobe system and dyes provide flexibility and cool customization for appearance.  The soul system however is one of Rifts shining features, and truly does provide a bit more depth and advantage to players looking to research their roles and abilities.  If you like pvp this game is polished and tight.  It also rewards those players who think about mobility versus pure stat increases.

Great info, thnx a lot!

As far as"...mobility vs stat increase" is concerned,do you mean increasing stats that give you more speed or are you reffering to player movemenet during pvp?

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

1. Trial only basically means the population got low due to people x-ferring off or quiting that the server does not server a purpose anymore. Transfers are free, so no worries.

2. Pvp-rp you got me no idea wtf of how this is supposed to work. Pve-rp makes more sense and you immerse yourself into the storyline and basically roleplay

3. For EU the rp servers look brutal and my suggestion would be to change the NA in the launcher and play on this server

http://forums.riftgame.com/shard-forums/na-shards/pve-rp/faeblight/

I got no idea wtf is going with EU and rp, but that might be a good option. Ping is not that bad it runs at 200ms when I switch over and play my alt on Icewatch

4. No addon needed. Just hit edit layout. Most functional customization of a UI in any mmo ever created. If you really need addons http://www.curse.com or http://www.riftui.com are where all the addon devs post their stuff

5. Just experiment. Each sub forum for the classes has like a ton of builds. Tank souls for warriors there were like 13 different viable combos last I checked. People do min/max and there are "recommended" builds.

• GrayGreeneGrayGreene Member Posts: 239

Great info, thnx a lot!

As far as"...mobility vs stat increase" is concerned,do you mean increasing stats that give you more speed or are you reffering to player movemenet during pvp?

Mobility vs. stat increase means Rift PVP offers situations where having the most intelligence as a mage might not be the winning factor.  In one mage soul i get a teleport ability "flicker" while another soul (after investing a few points)  gets me an almost instant heal "bloom" with points going towards a faster cast time.  The instant heal and teleport might take points away from a stronger dps or maxing out on spell crit. but instead i get a viable mobility meaning i can survive, and confuse the enemy.  I often flicker just before my bloom cools down and after spamming my aoe damage.  A few "bad" guys take notice of me and hit me a few times, i flicker, heal and escape.  Then i use a pushback if anyone is stil on me, and maybe a healing potion to get all hit points back up.  Then i dps again.  It's fun, and there are many examples of these types of mechanics for every class.