Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star wars the game how I see it..

cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189
Yes help all I came into the star wars late a day after release and I will say this. This is the best single player game I have ever played!!!!

Yes you heard me right Single player game cause though it's a mmo I have Been playing it as I did Kotor and guess what apart from an acasional grouping to do 2-4 people quests it's a brilliant single player game . And I am enjoying the story lines but I will say this It's very linier .

So all those who liked Kotor and love star wars the game is solid and enjoyable .

Current games;
Star treck online
Rift
Eve online
Firefall

Comments

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I've heard people say it has almost no elements from KOTOR. Haven't played KOTOR myself so wouldn't know.

But then again, I hear people saying it's a single player game, and not an mmorpg. :)

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Originally posted by cyrician

Yes help all I came into the star wars late a day after release and I will say this. This is the best single player game I have ever played!!!! Yes you heard me right Single player game cause though it's a mmo I have Been playing it as I did Kotor and guess what apart from an acasional grouping to do 2-4 people quests it's a brilliant single player game . And I am enjoying the story lines but I will say this It's very linier . So all those who liked Kotor and love star wars the game is solid and enjoyable .

My thoughts exactly. Really enjoying it as a single player experience. As an MMO? Not so much. Don't get me wrong, when the MMO parts do come into play, namely Flashpoints and Heroic 4's, they're really really good, but there's just not enough of them so.. as you say.. it's like the next installment of KOTOR.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Most themepark MMO's these days are single player games. Single player with endgame gear chaseing is what this model of MMO is all about. If the raiding is good and the end game instances are good then it will do well. If they are bad it wont do well long term. Really is as simple as that.

Edit: To help prove my point. If people really wanted an MMO that wasnt a single player game with instances tossed in (and raiding/heroics endgame) then FFXI would have been 100x more popular than it was. Anyone saying its not an MMO its single player clearly wants forced grouping and FFXI was a verry good game. Its downfall in the western market was the forced grouping.

Originally posted by jazz.be

I've heard people say it has almost no elements from KOTOR. Haven't played KOTOR myself so wouldn't know.

But then again, I hear people saying it's a single player game, and not an mmorpg. :)

I've just reached Taris, the planet from KOTOR, and the place is in ruins after Darth Malak bombarded the hell out of it. And there are still Rakghouls running around, and you also get a quest to go to the crash site of the Endar Spire. So elements are there.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

This game feels as much like KOTOR as WoW feels like Warcraft 3.  Obviously, the games don't play like one much at all, but they share the same game world and roughly the same time period, so KOTOR fans will see tons of references to the original series. 

Taris, Revan, the Jedi Exile, HK-47, The Endar Spire,  and Rukil's Lost Tribe are just some of the references you will see from KOTOR.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I have been leveling an alt with my wife, and I did that in beta with someone also, this game is way more fun if you do all the solo content with someone.

You level faster, get social points, and it's very fun. You are missing out...

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

Originally posted by jazz.be

yes, it has more in common with wow. there was no trinity in kotor. you could pick if you work for a darkside or lightside faction on some planets. you could promote your companions to jedis and alot of other things were different, but i dont remember.

calling it kotor 3,4,5 is just for marketing purpose.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Agreed on the "brilliant sp-rpg" bit, the fact that it's ALSO a mmo makes it even better :)

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

KOTOR is so incredibly overrated

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by AdamTM

Maybe, but then again any game that you like is completely over rated for me. ;p

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

Originally posted by onthestick

Maybe, but then again any game that you like is completely over rated for me. ;p

I could go into your smug response, but lets just say that i found KOTOR to be lacking, KOTOR 2 however is my all time favorite.

Funny, huh?

I could go into your smug response, but lets just say that i found KOTOR to be lacking, KOTOR 2 however is my all time favorite.

Funny, huh?

I always preferred the Jedi Knight games. Does that make me a bad person?

Funny, huh?

Yeah KOTOR 2 is too overrated.

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

Funny, huh?

Yeah KOTOR 2 is too overrated.

Afaik, KOTOR 2 is the most hated game out there, so you are just trying to troll me.

Try harder.

Originally posted by UsualSuspect

Funny, huh?

I always preferred the Jedi Knight games. Does that make me a bad person?

I love the jedi knight games too, funny that.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by cyrician

Yes help all I came into the star wars late a day after release and I will say this. This is the best single player game I have ever played!!!! Yes you heard me right Single player game cause though it's a mmo I have Been playing it as I did Kotor and guess what apart from an acasional grouping to do 2-4 people quests it's a brilliant single player game . And I am enjoying the story lines but I will say this It's very linier . So all those who liked Kotor and love star wars the game is solid and enjoyable .

I see people saying SWTOR is single player game , as it is something bad.

To me its actually a positive thing.

Its singleplayer game that can be played as MMO.

To bad EA didnt treat it as such. And make it B2P.

I am sure the game would be at least as sucessful as Skyrim is

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Originally posted by DarkPony

Agreed on the "brilliant sp-rpg" bit, the fact that it's ALSO a mmo makes it even better :)

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Afaik, KOTOR 2 is the most hated game out there, so you are just trying to troll me.

I don't know, there are many fans of KOTOR 2 out there. Even those, like yourself, who think it outdoes the original. Granted, they're not nearly as many as KOTOR 1 fans, but still, they're there... I know, because I am one of them. :)

On topic, SWTOR does naturally have a lot of elements from the KOTOR games, taking place in the same universe and all, but to me it still doesn't feel like KOTOR. The progression system is just way different and I'd say feels more limited. And what's with Jedi not being able to wield pistols? :P Even the art style feels a bit different to me. The art in KOTOR feels somewhat more like SWG art; SWTOR feels way too bloomed up, though you can make it look good in its own way with some config file tweaking. 

Also, yeah, duoing in this game is a lot of fun, and I'd agree it's better to duo through all quests, even  class quests, instead of heading off to do your thing now and then like Luke does in Dagobah (the example Bioware used most often to give a sense of how class story content works with the multiplayer content). The NPCs acknowledging the fact that you're a group is a nice touch. It also lets you exploit the game's most brilliant feature IMO, which is multiplayer dialogue.

I also find this has probably been the game I grouped most often with random people since, I don't know,  Everquest... Though the groups are usually short-lived: You group up, do a quest or two (if they're in the immediate vicinity of the first), and split up. Not like the 3-4 hour group-grinds of old, of course. :)

Try harder.

And what did i say? i just said KOTOR 2 is overrated. lol

Try harder.

For something to be overrated it needs to be held in high esteem in the first place. Kotor2 isnt.

Definition of OVERRATE

transitive verb

: to rate, value, or estimate too highly

english language fail

stop trolling

• mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105

I think SWTOR is boring as .....

The game had such a potentiol to be a huge fantasy mmo.... Its just singleplayer grind fest af wow. But i guees this is what ppl wants.

Try harder.

For something to be overrated it needs to be held in high esteem in the first place. Kotor2 isnt.

Definition of OVERRATE

transitive verb

: to rate, value, or estimate too highly

english language fail

stop trolling

Who talks like that anymore? seriously? no person who considers himself good in english talks in that manner.

Back to topic.... i know a lot of people who love KOTOR 2 and yes i think it is overrated. Please don't use that word 'fail' again if you ever want to point out any short comings in my language skills.