Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Down for maintenance. 1.0.1. PTR Patch notes

For those who can't play, here are the public test realm patch notes for 1.0.1. which is being implemented at the moment (if you read it veeeery sloooooowly it might last you the entire 6 hour down time V_V) There might be more points addressed in the live patch, by the way. This is the PTR one.

Hello everyone! With this update, the first of many for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, we have addressed several high-priority bugs. We’ve implemented fixes for those players affected by performance issues on Taris and have corrected the problem preventing some pending mission rewards from being accepted. Additionally, the issue that could cause some gathering nodes to appear unharvestable has been addressed, and you’ll notice several bug fixes relating to Flashpoint and Operation content. We’re committed providing the best possible MMO experience, and will continue releasing fixes and updates on a regular basis. Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic!

Note: The Public Test Server patch notes will be provided in English. The final release notes will be provided in English, French, and German when the content is moved to live servers.

1.0.1 Patch Notes

Classes and Combat

Combat Bug Fixes Fixed a bug that could cause the global cooldown to display incorrectly in the UI.

Imperial Agent

Operative The tooltip for Acid Blade now displays the correct information.

Companion Characters

Companions

Kira Carson Fixed an issue that could cause Kira’s affection progression to become blocked. Bug Fixes Companion Character dialogue now plays at the correct volume.

Crew Skills

Bug Fixes Corrected an issue that could cause some gathering nodes to appear as unharvestable.

Flashpoints and Operations

Flashpoints

Mandalorian Raiders Crowd control immunity has been removed from several members of the Enemy Boarding Party.

Colicoid War Game An issue that prevented some players from mounting turrets in this Flashpoint has been corrected.

The Red Reaper Darth Ikoral now uses his abilities correctly.

Directive 7 Mentor now resets correctly if he defeats the player group.

Operations

Eternity Vault Fixed an issue that could cause players to instantly die when affected by Soa’s knockback. Turrets in Normal Mode no longer behave as turrets from Hard Mode. Players are now able to properly obtain loot from chests. The Ancient Pylons now spawn enemies at the correct intervals.

Karagga’s Palace Players no longer need to reset this Operation if they do not defeat Bonethrasher. Corrected an issue that caused some players to become stuck at the throne room door. Bug Fixes All players in a group who have a daily Flashpoint mission now get credit for completing that Flashpoint.

Missions and NPCs

Missions

Imperial

A New Master: Defeating Teeno no longer causes him to surrender on top of Phyne, making him difficult to interact with.

General Faraire: All of Khourlet’s Elite Guards are now accessible by the player.

Bug Fixes Fixed a mission-related issue that could cause poor performance and client crashes on Taris for some players. NPCs

Bug Fixes Corrected several instances of non-interactive NPCs appearing and disappearing from the player’s view.

PvP

Warzones

General

Rewards for winning Warzones have been increased. Warzone completion rewards have been decreased.

Bug Fixes

Voidstar Corrected an issue that could prevent some players from entering the Voidstar.

UI

Bug Fixes Fixed a bug that could prevent players from accepting pending mission rewards. Targeting a friendly player no longer occasionally displays incorrect text for the character’s name. Corrected an issue that could cause some auction expirations to behave incorrectly. The splash screen no longer displays longer than the “accept changes” dialogue when changing resolutions on some computers. Master Looter now works correctly for items being looted from chests. The server select screen no longer displays over the character select after being disconnected for being away. Corrected an issue that could cause mission mapnotes to disappear when a new mission is obtained.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes Special characters no longer display incorrectly in the French credits. Remaining baby names have been added to the credits. Corrected a link that displayed in French and German versions when the servers are unavailable.

Comments

• zazzzazz Member UncommonPosts: 408

And they had to do this prime time on a bank holiday in the uk atleast for most of the day, sigh.....

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Underwhelming compared with say Trion around the launch of Rift. What really niggles me is that in the EU this is a crappy time fr maintenance.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Originally posted by DarkPony

Combat Bug Fixes Fixed a bug that could cause the global cooldown to display incorrectly in the UI.

That's a welcome fix. Every combat the cooldowns are displaying incorrectly. It's only because I have a 'feel' for the amount of time that has passed that I know when to activate the power again. Here's hoping they've fixed the other minor bug where you disable the cover bar in the preferences, but next time you log in it's back on again.

Originally posted by zazz

And they had to do this prime time on a bank holiday in the uk atleast for most of the day, sigh.....

For a customer focused company this tells me they are simply US customer focused.

They just apointed 200 odd staff working out of Ireland, couldn't they have hired a couple of server admins too?

• nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218

and no ui fix for the health / operation bar in huttball pvp ? are u serious ?

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Yeah, this has always bugged me with MMO's, as they're almost always based in the US so we get patches on US time. Why? I don't get it. The servers are obviously based in the EU or we wouldn't have such good latencies, so why can't they adjust the time for EU servers? It's damn ignorant to overseas players.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

They need to fix Jarros padawan on the last mission for the great hunt (BH), even after she dies she still heals her master so you have to either cc her or kill her then drag him to the other end of the command deck and finish him there. It's just a lousy bug if you don't know about it before hand.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

couldnt agree more , i mean comon, have a nightshift doing the maintenance for eu servers for one and bank holiday server down 6 hours , they clearly dont think people who work and have only few hours to play, so now they take that away aswell no wonder why people dont wanna work =)

• Originally posted by DarkPony

Crew Skills

Bug Fixes Corrected an issue that could cause some gathering nodes to appear as unharvestable.

This was a big annoyance for me. Looking forward to seeing this gone.

My other big annoyance doesn't seem like it'll be fixed by the patch. Sometimes when Mako/Quinn heals you there's some green glowing crap on you that doesn't go away when the spell effect fades. This bothers me so much I relog when it happens to get rid of it.

• TolandToland Member CommonPosts: 38

Yay Resource Node Fixes.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Axxar

Crew Skills

My other big annoyance doesn't seem like it'll be fixed by the patch. Sometimes when Mako/Quinn heals you there's some green glowing crap on you that doesn't go away when the spell effect fades. This bothers me so much I relog when it happens to get rid of it.

My flatmate has the same issue. It would annoy the living **** out of me.

I too am hoping there's more fixes in the actual patch notes.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by Gorilla

Underwhelming compared with say Trion around the launch of Rift. What really niggles me is that in the EU this is a crappy time fr maintenance.

Really? I was around for the launch of Rift and I dont seem to remember a large bug fix patch a week after launch. I know there was one, but I'm pretty sure took longer than a week and definitly wasnt bigger than this list. Though, to be fair, Rift had far less tech issues than SWTOR seems to have at launch. Rift had its fair share but it seems SWTOR has a TON of little things. Not gamebreaking things (it seems) but lots and lots of little things.

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

No chat bubles :-(

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by xenogias

Really? I was around for the launch of Rift and I dont seem to remember a large bug fix patch a week after launch. I know there was one, but I'm pretty sure took longer than a week and definitly wasnt bigger than this list. Though, to be fair, Rift had far less tech issues than SWTOR seems to have at launch. Rift had its fair share but it seems SWTOR has a TON of little things. Not gamebreaking things (it seems) but lots and lots of little things.

But yea its retty easy to have so few bugs when your game is as shallow as Tetris.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

"Remaining baby names have been added to the credits."

Bugfix... Now we all know where the priorities lie...

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Raid frames reporting health wron in warzones please!

What's stupid is that they fixed that bug 3 or 4 months ago in beta and now it's back!

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

Could be  my faulty memory but I remember pages and pages of patch notes. I was talking about quantity more than how long. I remember about a dozen hotfixes over the first two weeks then the first main patch (about 2 weeks in to be fair) however there a dozen pages of patch notes for that 1.1 patch. I was staggered.

Originally posted by Zylaxx

But yea its retty easy to have so few bugs when your game is as shallow as Tetris.

Wont get an argument out of me that Rift was a shallow game. But I will confess I think SWTOR is just as shallow. Probably even more so than Rift was. Though, that argument is neither here nor there lol.

Back on topic. I did hear an interview with Stephen Ried with The Cynical Brit. He mentioned that they have a huge team working on SWTOR. Between that, and this bug fix list I'm rather suprised its so small. Granted it may not be the whole list. I just hope for the people playing its sake they have a huge team on bugs. If Asherons Call showed one thing its that content patches are nice but if you dont fix bugs twice as fast as you add content eventually you will screw yourself and have full day or more shutdowns because the game becomes unplayable. For thoes that dont know AC had monthly content updates (and still do) but it wasnt uncommon for servers to be down for 12-24hrs after a patch for bug fixes. Ontop of that you generally had a 5-10hr character rollback when you did get to play again.

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182

Loving the game so far, but really not liking that they take down the game AND the forums at the same time, seriously? No better time to read up on the game/community at times when I can't play :) .

Could be  my faulty memory but I remember pages and pages of patch notes. I was talking about quantity more than how long. I remember about a dozen hotfixes over the first two weeks then the first main patch (about 2 weeks in to be fair) however there a dozen pages of patch notes for that 1.1 patch. I was staggered.

This is true. There first big bug patch was HUGE. I guess I'm just thinking more along the lines of they may be giving even the really minor patches numbers. If this IS what they call a large bug fix patch I would be really suprised and I think they will be to at the backlash from paying customers. I mean hell, my opinion doesnt matter I havent given them any money lol.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

its a tuesday morning, get a job.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Comapring SW:TOR to Rift is like comparing a Mercedes C-63 AMG to a 1970's Renault 4, no comparison really. Personally I haven't met any big bugs on my journey yet but if it has happened to other players it surely must be frustrating, hope they get on to it soon for everyones sake.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• echose7enechose7en Member UncommonPosts: 55

Originally posted by Axxar

Crew Skills

Omg that is friggin annoying the crap out of me too, also have to relog lol.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Originally posted by neorandom

Ignorance is bliss EH! in the UK, which I thinks in the EU? its a Bank Holiday for us, so there you go you learn a new thing everyday on MMORPG.com.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by neorandom

I work in shifts.........So for me it sucks big time as i need to work from 1400 hours to 2200 hours -_-

Bad timing from Bioware to get the servers offline :)

They need to do this stuff in the night EU time so the least amount of players are affected by downtime.

For paying subscription i think it should be mandatory to let players play on their free hours.

Hope to see this changed in the future tough :)