Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR IS SHOCKINGLY ...

Feel we need a Yay or Nei poll : what say you ?

Comments

• pete7729pete7729 Member UncommonPosts: 13

Neither, average.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by pete7729

Neither, average.

• bambookbambook Member UncommonPosts: 180

best game ever made and is going just to improve. New content and bug fixes end of this month. flashpoint, operation and warzone!

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

stick a few more options in there,but frankly this has been done to death lately 

p>
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Neither, average.

I'm inclined to agree.

It's fun, but I'd say it's a pretty average MMO as far as gameplay goes.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

To some, it is shockingly good.

To others, it is shockingly bad.

And to a whole bunch of people, it is shockingly good because they thought it would be shockingly bad ?

• crusher143crusher143 Member UncommonPosts: 198

Originally posted by bambook

best game ever made and is going just to improve. New content and bug fixes end of this month. flashpoint, operation and warzone!

Don´t care for more content if they can´t fix the clunky combat, animation bugs, fps drop issues in Alderaan (the planet) / Warzones, camera and slow UI.

We will see ...

• gekkothegreygekkothegrey Member Posts: 236

Neither, average.

Agree with Pete7729. They deserve credit for the voice over its way over due in mmo's. On the other hand nothing else is orignal, there are 0 sandbox elements if thats your thing, and no in game voice chat for a new mmo now days is retarded just because wow's vc sucked does not mean it should never be done again lol. EQ2 VC works great. Also this game is so much about the story it takes away somewhat from the community, so in game vc with a default guild chat like EQ2 would have really helped imo. These are just my thoughts though everyone likes different things. I love star wars and still think swg was one of the top 2 mmos in history. For me swtor is around a 8 out of 10 its solid just not the end all be all of mmos ppl made it out to be. With that said it does have a solid base so if they work on features to help community it could have a bright future.

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

Shockingly AVERAGE!

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Well, usually when I think of questing, I think of a boring grind to end game, which used to make me rush end game.

But in this game I'm having fun already while lvl'ing, that alone makes this game one of the top games.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by CityHam

I voted good for the sake of the poll. But my TRUE vote would probably be average as far as gameplay. Although I am finding it to be a good average. It does most of what every other MMO does, but with VO and the such it does at some new life to the mix which is good.

The PvP is okay for now, but I'm not Lev 50 and there's still some kinks so I can't say entirely on that point. Grouping for flashpoints and some of the rather intense battles that insue does get the blood rumbling a bit. I find it even harder to type "LoL's" and "Muahahahah's" while spilling blood in the name of the Empire.

There's still many visual bugs, like floating doors in some of the flashpoints and shuttle areas. Something they'll work over in the next month or so hopefully. Sound is pretty outstandings, although Khem Val's Vibrosword needs a tweak in that department.

Worth a few months of play I'm hoping. I'm off EVE currently, my account lapsed and my training has stopped (My dirty little secret). I'm making my push for The Secret World. While riding on the coat-tails of SW: TOR.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Originally posted by fadis

Shockingly AVERAGE!

^

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I would say average. Alot of problems with it atm technically. I'm not playing it but a buddy of mine is and some of his complaints would drive me nuts. I already talked about what I didnt like from the OB weekend (UI, laggy combat/animations ect) but it really suprises me how some things as simple as world crafting nodes being broken? And he tells me its not just a few. He told me on Drumond Kass (sp?) as a slicer he counted on his second toon and found it to be a 10 to 1 ratio of broken to working nodes. To me, thats just pathetic. Another of his complaints, and more of a game design flaw imo is that he had all his skills except for a couple (not counting another 2 or 3 from talent tree) by level 25. Like he said, and I agree, is now he really has nothing more to look forward to. Really anyone would have to admit that there is a big lack of excitement to level (as a non raider) when you have 25 levels to go and basically only upgrades to gain. Nothing new and shiney really.

Edit: He also pointed me to a post on the official forums yesterday talking about the Elevator monster. Between that and him telling me the horrors of the bugged ramps and elevators thats just something else I cant let an MMO with this kind of financial backing get away with, without mocking it. I mean seriously. Simple things like buggy ramps, elevators, crafting nodes? Thats journeyman programming skills.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Neither, average.

Same here

• Home15Home15 Member Posts: 203

average.

If planets werent so confinend into shoeboxes all the time, they should make it more like hoth (big open and sence of free"ness)

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

I'll go average too. It does some stuff great but dosen't set out to do that much tbh.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Opapanax

Originally posted by CityHam

I voted good for the sake of the poll. But my TRUE vote would probably be average as far as gameplay.

Now you have gone and tainted the results :)

• zazzzazz Member UncommonPosts: 408

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

To some, it is shockingly good.

To others, it is shockingly bad.

And to a whole bunch of people, it is shockingly good because they thought it would be shockingly bad ?

-----------------------------------------------

Lol that last sentence is me bud, im old 12 yr EQ1 player so you know i got a broom stuck up my ass about alot of things.

I followed this game for 3 yrs, I hated the idea of companions, the Story line, the cut scene chatter, the graphics and the fact that its suppose to be a linear gameworld, i could go on and on.

But i tell ya i was wrong on all accounts, loving the game.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Interesting poll results and hilarious posts.

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

What others have said. Average.

Has potential for 'good', so I voted good. They just have to fix a laundry list of issues. The real question is whether not i'll still be here after they take a year to do this. Only the MMORPG market will decide this.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Start logging in your alt accounts.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Ambros123

Neither, average.

Same here

+1

Polished, but nothing special. Single player component is average and so is mmo component.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Neither, average.

I think its better then that, its quite good but not shockingly good....

Polls like this have no meaning at all.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• supermike27supermike27 Member Posts: 24

Its good ive played way worse. Its only launch, WoW had just as many problems at first with little content and they worked on it for a very very very long time. So im going with good i like it its alot of fun when ur in a group with friends and the story is just overall awesome. I mean my sith warriors quest led me to some pretty cool moments that ive never had in any other MMO to the effect of wow that was awesome i cant believe that just happened. And about all the shiney new things give it a few months for updates and we will see how the legacy plays out and the operations then i will judge whether its worth my money like WoW was for so many years. and about it being Linear i find that really untrue to the fact that because i can run through the jungle and get hit by mobs that i didnt want to kill instead of take the path or jump off a steep cliff instead of go around just like any other MMO its maps r just a little smaller in scale then the vastness of a world you can literally RUN the whole contintent it makes you feel like your on the planet in a certain city area with battles going on everywhere between republic and imperials instead of running 1 hrs from the top of orgrimmar to booty bay instead i get into my ship at the hangar travel to the next planet i need to be land and continue on from that city. So i really have no complaints other then not having lvl specific PvP and sometimes the nodes r not there for scavenging but they r not 10 to 1 like someone has said more like 1 in 25 nodes i come across i cant get so what move on to the next one ive been in wow where the node was underground and i was searching for a few mins before realizing this and this was with the new xpac so get over it every game has bugs but this one is still a fun time.

• yewsefyewsef Member CommonPosts: 335
    Yeah I vote average too.
This discussion has been closed.