Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: MMORPG.com’s New Year’s Resolutions

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

All of us on the staff of MMORPG.com have put our heads together to come up with our list of resolutions for 2012. Our wishes are more lofty than losing weight or going to the gym. We've focused our collective attention on the world of MMOs. See what we came up with and then leave us your resolutions for 2012 in the comments.

Now that Christmas has come and gone for another year, it’s time to start looking ahead to what 2012 will be in the MMO-niverse. As with everyone, the staff of MMORPG.com has a list of resolutions that we would like to see come to fruition in 2012. We got together over a Christmas bowl and created our wish list, our hopes, perhaps even a smattering of our premonitions, for 2012.

Read more The List: MMORPG.com’s New Year’s Resolutions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• werewoodwerewood Member Posts: 76

GW2 beta access :)

And a release sooner than later.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Less BETA reviews and more save it for launch before judging posts.  ;D

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

I want to get a chance to play a new title and find it enjoyable beyond the first 100 hours.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I wish there could be a much improved INDIE mmo called Darkfall 2.0 but im not so hopefull.

I also wish there was a mmo pvp or pve thats open and fun for all sandbox/themepark a like, so both get what they want in same mmo, thats what i wish for in future.

I realy dont see what 2012 will bring different as what 2011 brought us for me its all crap, i dont like TOR i dont like GW2 or TSW im very sceptic about korean mmo's like TARA ARCHAGE and some others they all seems typical KOREAN grinders to me hehe.

BUT HAPPY GAMING FOR ALL IN 2012!!!

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by werewood

WANT!

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by MikeB

Originally posted by werewood

WANT!

If a sooner release means a buggy and incomplete game then DO NOT WANT!

If you were refering to beta access, then I won't hold my breath, until they announce their open beta.

Oh, I don't expect to get beta access. Press are last in. I'd say we have the advantage of playing Guild Wars 2 at shows, but ArenaNet is pretty good about making sure the game is on the floor for all to play as well.

You guys win...for now!

Oh, I don't expect to get beta access. Press are last in. I'd say we have the advantage of playing Guild Wars 2 at shows, but ArenaNet is pretty good about making sure the game is on the floor for all to play as well.

You guys win...for now!

Well you're lucky you get a chance to play it in conventions. I missed this year's Eurogamer, which wasn't far at all from where I live and by next year's Eurogamer, the game would have probably come out by then.

Originally posted by Master10K

You guys win...for now!

Well you're lucky you get a chance to play it in conventions. I missed this year's Eurogamer, which wasn't far at all from where I live and by next year's Eurogamer, the game would have probably come out by then.

Why weren't you able to make it to Eurogamer? If you don't mind me asking.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Reviews that mean something?   And not just from the "professional" people.

Maybe add a bit to the rules here, if you want to say you are "Reviewing" something. You need to cover some simple basics in your Review. Maybe 2 heavily modded topics, Pro and con, so we have a place to go to to see what people think about the game without 1 bajillion topics that devolve into name calling:)

Have some objectivity. ya, wishful thinking here:)

Cover Game play

Character cusomization.

UI.

How it looks.

Extra's: Crafting,housing,AH...

Was it fun?

Now as to the games i play..i am easy..FUN. If a game is fun, then i am pretty happy.  Looking forward to Diablo 3 and GW2 to see if they might be some fun in 2012.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

What about less biased coverage and not anymore easy free high-score reviews for the games advertised on the background of this website?

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    You guys are lucky, we Canadians don't have these conventions so to speak, even though we have a massive player base. Here's hoping that the secret world fan faires and conventions for that game will be here in Canada
  • DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

I'd like to see a subforum added where people can have game discussions involving strategies, faqs, tips, walkthroughs, etc. These threads are sparse at best and quickly get lost in the I'm right you're wrong threads that dominate this site.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

You guys win...for now!

I found out about it too late and couldn't get any tickets for it. It really sucks being a Brit, how I knew about PAX & Gamescom early enough to get tickets if I could, because they are advertised and talked about months in advanced. But nobody really mentions the Eurogamer Expo.

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

I would like more giveaways that do not involve using your own twitter or facebook.  Yeah I know they can be used to create a limited buzz but really, do hardcore gamers actually use either?

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

You guys win...for now!

whahahaha must be a hard question to answer honesty when submiting beta app knowing your change for some good beta time might be very small :P

Originally posted by kzaske

I would like more giveaways that do not involve using your own twitter or facebook.  Yeah I know they can be used to create a limited buzz but really, do hardcore gamers actually use either?

Do that many hardcore gamers really use this website? ;)

• pompey606pompey606 Member UncommonPosts: 439

You guys win...for now!

I found out about it too late and couldn't get any tickets for it. It really sucks being a Brit, how I knew about PAX & Gamescom early enough to get tickets if I could, because they are advertised and talked about months in advanced. But nobody really mentions the Eurogamer Expo.

I miss the game show we had in London a number of years back. Cannot remember what it was called exactly but it was the first time the public could play Halo 2 and was a really cool convention. Now we don't get anything, and I cannot afford to go to Germany or USA.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Originally posted by elocke

Less BETA reviews and more save it for launch before judging posts.  ;D

I actually like the beta reviews because I get to see what people are saying about the game and not waste money on a game trying it for myself.

I only trust beta reviews fanboy/troll alike. I can pull some decent info from just about the most bias review. After years of practice I think I have it down to a science.

Hand picked demos and dev statements are all Garbage IMO. I use to trust demos until tortage in AoC. And a Devs statement, oh shit, trying to believe those guys is like believing a politician. At least beta review doesnt stand to gain any monetary value for thier opinion.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

More of a hope instead of a resolution.

I hope to have my SWG back. Wasted hope...

• My New Years resolution is to push Virtual Reality MMOGing as hard as I can (to developers...I don't give a hoot what the players want!)...and to lay waste to all who oppose me!

MMOGs suck atm because the developers/publishers know that they can invest $70 million in a junky MMOG - hype the piss out of it - and make $75-80 million the first year in box-sales alone! Then they just flip it over to a F2P and let her ride. They get away with this, year after year, 'cause most gamers have zero Self-discipline,and no Self-control...they're cravings for cheap entertainment can never be satiated.

A truly epic MMOG would require a team of 1,200 - 1,800 skilled computer artisans, take 5-7 years to build, and cost upwards of $700 million. We're not seeing anything even remotely like that because MMO developers aren't trying to build anything epic...they're trying to make as much money as they can, as quickly as possible, and y'all are totally cool with that.

No epic MMOGs for Joo!!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I like Mike's thought, more focus on the indie's as the big studios seem to have completely lost what a MMO is supposed to be.

For the post above this, ever here the phrase "too many cooks spoil the broth"?  You want to kill a development project, put that many people on it.  The more people you add to a team the more unwieldy it gets.  What you are proposing would be an absolute nightmare to coordinate with over a 1000 people on a project.  You want cost overruns, that would be the grand daddy of them all.

• Originally posted by Ozmodan

I like Mike's thought, more focus on the indie's as the big studios seem to have completely lost what a MMO is supposed to be.

For the post above this, ever here the phrase "too many cooks spoil the broth"?  You want to kill a development project, put that many people on it.  The more people you add to a team the more unwieldy it gets.  What you are proposing would be an absolute nightmare to coordinate with over a 1000 people on a project.  You want cost overruns, that would be the grand daddy of them all.

That little rule only applies to programmers - too many programmers would fuck things up in a hurry. The vast majority of the people in the teams I'm talking about would be artists and content designers. This is the area that all MMOGs fail...never enough QUALITY CONTENT - do to the fact that they don't have nearly enough artists and designers working on the projects.

As for managing a large team...ALL the major software companies on earth do that x10 everyday! Microsoft employs 70,000 people...7,000 of them worked on Windows XP alone. So, you really don't know wtf you're talking about.

Take care now...bubye.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Less spam :)

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Icewhite

Less spam :)

More active members. : )

Members: 1,430,723 Online: 83

/facepalm into Oblivion