Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 Ships Feb/07/2012 Will You Be Playing?

Comments

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Nope.

Torchlight 2 for me.

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

Originally posted by Warmaker

Wrong forum, D3 isn't an MMORPG.  Nice try advertising for your employers though.

If Blizzard wanted advertising they have the budget to do it themselves, they have no need to rely on a forum to do there advertising.

Also MMORPG will be showing D3 in it's games list so get used to it.

• CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211

I am not playing. They ruined my necromancer. Screw that.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Are they going to remove the online-only DRM?  Is it going to be published by someone other than Activision?  No?  Then no, integrity trumps desire to play anything.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by SuprGamerX

Heh , No.

Simple answer right?  The game has been announced since what? 2007? You got Torchlight 2 coming out pretty soon and a few years later Torchlight the MMO that will simply blow blizzard's Diablowow (Because D3 is made by the WoW team btw) straight down to craper.

Blizzard think they can out smart the real creators of Diablo?  That's pretty much impossible , Blizzard is known to what it is today because of the first two Diablo's and not because of WoW. The first two diablo's helped Blizzard to have a strong fan base that , a few years later , moved into WoW. Without the success of the first two diablo's , WoW would of been crap. And people often forget about that. Forget Star Craft , if not for Korea, StarCraft 2 would of never been released and we still hear more about SC1 then SC2.

I'm skipping D3 and will support the Developers that really put me into PC gaming , and those developers are the originals of the Diablo series working on the Torchlight series. Those guys are the real master minds and geniuses in today's gaming.

Torchlight is a cheap copy of Diablo. So no I will no be playing a pathetic copy which looks like it came out of cartoon network.

SC, WC and Diablo were all very successful before WoW so you don't have a clue about what you're talking about.

Who the hell are "real" Diablo creators? Excuse me but I have played TONS of games which claimed to be from the real Diablo creators and they were all crap. 

On topic - yes I will buy the game of course.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ravtecravtec Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by Eir_S

Originally posted by ravtec

I dont know about the rest of you but im a gamer, im not an exclusive mmorpg gamer

Um.. the point is that this is niche gaming site, built around - hey you guessed it!!!!- MMORPGS.  That's what people come here for. Your sentiment is noble, but it kind of proves what I was saying all along.

I agree with Warmaker.  Just because this site slaps D3 onto their site because it brings in hits does not make it an MMO.  This site doesn't define what an MMORPG is.

It was built around mmorpg but it evolved to something more a long time ago, thought mmorpg is stil theyr main focus just not the only one anymore.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by dagon3
    Anyone going to pre order now that theres going to be real cash involved in the game , and online play only?
    Or will you wait and see how its going to be.
    If anyone has any other news or concerns let me know i loved D2 and am excited about D3 but not to sure due to the real cash deal. Your opinions might help me to decide.
    Thanks!

Am i going to be "Playing" diablo 3? no
    Am i going to buy diablo 3? yes.

I really don't like the diablo series, I am however going to use it to make some extra cash.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

I will eventually pick it up, but not at launch.

Got MEGA hrs out of the first 2. I know it isnt same team, but still same IP.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Originally posted by ForumTroll

Let's stop pretending like we don't buy every single new MMO nowadays.

Lol, you must be really gullible.  Nope, rational people pick and choose what they buy.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Originally posted by fivoroth

Torchlight is a cheap copy of Diablo. So no I will no be playing a pathetic copy which looks like it came out of cartoon network.

SC, WC and Diablo were all very successful before WoW so you don't have a clue about what you're talking about.

Who the hell are "real" Diablo creators? Excuse me but I have played TONS of games which claimed to be from the real Diablo creators and they were all crap. 

On topic - yes I will buy the game of course.

Yeah that's how I feel too.

Torchlight felt so generic I gave it up in the first 30 mins.  It's basically Diablo without a soul.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by Deleted User

They do D3 just as they did skyrim, those games are popular even for mmorpg gamers, no not all mmorpg gamers but enough to warrent em a spot on mmorpg.com

Tourchlight will probably get its own section "when" enough people buzz about it on some sub forums here when it comes closer to release.

They didt decide to add D3 befor it was constant on the "current forum activity" witch implies its a hot topic that mmorpg.com users was discussing. And it was constant in current forum activity for a few days.

You would need to be a fool to start deleting everything that was not mmorpg talk and start warning all those users.

I dont know about the rest of you but im a gamer, im not an exclusive mmorpg gamer

Skyrim, despite its popularity on these boards, does not garner its own section.  Even with said popularity, it should never get its own subforum on an MMORPG website, because it, alongside D3, shouldn't even be considered MMORPGs.  Threads on it are confined to the "General Discussion" and a few in the "PC Gaming" subforums.  "The Pub" subforum, where this thread is currently at, is specifically on MMORPGs.

Some Skyrim threads have popped up in the Pub because people have pointed out certain gameplay elements comparing / contrasting Skyrim and MMORPGs in general, and the direction MMOs have taken.

This thread isn't even about gameplay elements of D3.  Just an ad for a title unrelated to MMORPGs.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by Deleted User

Originally posted by Eir_S

Originally posted by ravtec

Um.. the point is that this is niche gaming site, built around - hey you guessed it!!!!- MMORPGS.  That's what people come here for. Your sentiment is noble, but it kind of proves what I was saying all along.

I agree with Warmaker.  Just because this site slaps D3 onto their site because it brings in hits does not make it an MMO.  This site doesn't define what an MMORPG is.

It was built around mmorpg but it evolved to something more a long time ago, thought mmorpg is stil theyr main focus just not the only one anymore.

Oh?  Has it?  When was that news post that MMORPG.com is no longer about MMORPGs?

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Yes, I mean I played Diablo 2 for more years than I'd care to admit.

Also on the derailed topic; this post is at the PUB, we can talk about it here. [mod edit]

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

already pre-ordered my collectors edition.  Blizzard will sell millions of copies no doubt, just like they always do.

for the people that keep bringing up torchlight, i'll play those too because you know a person can play many different games lol.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

I don't really want to play it, or purchase it for that matter, but I have a sinking feeling that I will be. Regardless, I don't pay fifty to sixty dollars for games anymore unless it's something I feel strongly about. When it's in the twenty to thirty dollar range, this consideration disappears.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• DanbaccaDanbacca Member UncommonPosts: 247

No desire to play this game whatsoever.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

For me it really depends on whether I'm still playing SWToR. I've had a chance to play both games (D3 in beta) and SWToR has more compelling game play. They're both good games, but D3 doesn't have the 'grab' that SWToR has.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by fivoroth

You do realize that Torchlight was made by the creators of Diablo 1 and 2 right?  And that Diablo 3 is made by different people?  

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

A big giant YES. D3 is the awesome.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I'm passing myself. Looking more at torchlight 2 instead. 

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I will be getting D3 since I did the year deal for WoW/D3/MoP beta. However, I most likely will not play it straight away. I would like to wait until any grievous bugs and other issues related to release are ironed out but also D3 comes into competition with WoW and EQ2 playtime.

I just hope TL2 comes out before then so that I can get some good offline action RPG gametime in.

Plus, at the moment I am just down to a netbook: my old laptop does not work so well anymore. I doubt that D3 will run on the netbook though it is pretty powerful for what it is and runs WoW well at medium settings. So, all depends on whether I will have a new laptop before then.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

Dunno. I have a bad feeling about D3, with the way Blizzard changed over the years.

I'll definitely wait for reviews and such before I consider buying it.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Originally posted by dagon3

Anyone going to pre order now that theres going to be real cash involved in the game , and online play only?

Or will you wait and see how its going to be.

If anyone has any other news or concerns let me know i loved D2 and am excited about D3 but not to sure due to the real cash deal. Your opinions might help me to decide.

Thanks!

I get it for free so i will most likly check it out.

And if the RMT Auctionhouse cuts back some of the "behaviours" of earlier games i am all for it. After all it is not like it will chahge anything apart from the fact that you can blam Blizzard when you get scammed since people were selling gear for money before too.

Anyway that is my 2 SEK

This have been a good conversation

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Originally posted by helthros

I question the validity of this date.

D3 is a myth.

Ahhhh did you play it????

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• arnaki3000arnaki3000 Member UncommonPosts: 66

can't wait to blow my (hard earned) cash on the RMAH :D