Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be subscribing after the first month?

Comments

• SilaxSilax Member Posts: 250

Definitely subbing for multi-month period.

The question you should ask yourself is "how many people are enjoying the game too much to bother reading or responding to this post?"

I hate the fact I work Saturdays.

• ZezelZezel Member Posts: 132

Originally posted by Crosswire

Originally posted by Zezel

Best MMO ever period.

QFT

Rather than add new stuff to the MMO, apart from a proper story, they have took everything that was broken from other MMO's and fixed them.

Yes and other MMO took from other MMO's.

Don't like the game don't play it.

If you don't like a game don't play it, and quit running to MMORPG.com to trash it.

• CityHamCityHam Member Posts: 63

I really hope not, I might follow the guild should they for some strange reason stil want to play the game, but I'd rather just take a break and just about do anything else.

PvP is bad :

VoidStar  : BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB BiB 

• DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175

If someone descides not to play send me the acount details im one of the unfortunate few with blocked preorder :(

• wesleyartswesleyarts Member Posts: 43

Well, NOBODY will paying subs in 6 months from today . It will go FREE TO PLAY SOON!

Because of this http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Teala/122011/22393_Who-wants-Star-Wars-the-Old-Republic-to-succeed-Raise-your-hand

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Originally posted by Sovrath

Yes, i'm enjoying myself very much.

I don't require things like group finder tools and there also seem to be plenty of people looking for groups so it's really not necessary.

I can't say how long I'll be subscribing but it will be as long as I'm enjoying myself. I'm also part of a small group of players who have been playing together for some years now and they are enjoying the game as well.

ditto

ditto

yes

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Yup...I will.

It's got a new, fresh feeling over it.....no goblins/orcs and elves :)

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Unless GW2 releases in the next 26 days then yes I do plan on subscribing.  :)

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• KaylessKayless Member UncommonPosts: 357

Yup, signed up for 3 months rolling sub, had a great time so far... image

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by tixylix

Overall though I feel like this is more of a coop experience, I've done all the grouped missions that I can so far and it is really hard to find a PUG. There are no group finder tools that I can find anyways and the game has such a solo focus that most people seem to skip the grouped stuff. The game is so linear that after the first few planets, even joining the other side you'll be seeing a lot of the same stuff. The replayability isn't really there right now and until there are multiple planets covering each level range then there wont be. In other MMOs you have a choice of a few zones to do each time and a Planet in SWTOR is basically a large zone in another MMO. 

its not the game that is solo focussed, its the players comming from more solo focussed games, compared to current top MMOs like WoW, Lotro after they nerfed the books, rift, this game has way more grouping content. On top of that its easy to find groups through general chat, in general i have found a group before ariving at the groupquests grounds.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

At the moment I'm finding it doubtful I'll even finish the first month, I'm all for giving something a chance though. I was having a load of fun but I've started getting a distinctly meh feeling about the gameplay, combat is clunky, sometimes my skills fire off when they should other times there's a delay, I'm getting tired of seeing groups of static mobs and the storyline offers me no freedom if I'm intent on making the most of dark/light side points and companion affection. Crafting is nothing more than RNG attached to a database, admittedly the items are more useful than most games but it's a system for non-crafters rather than crafters. I am surprised that I'm getting the feeling I got with Rift, the world hasn't drawn me in, despite the voice overs I'm not invested in it, plenty of people have pointed out the lack of activity in the environments that makes a world feel alive and I have to agree. I think it was the second flashpoint that started my road to disappointment, what happened to the fourth pillar in hammer Station? It was an experience I don't want to repeat which wasn't true of Black Talon. I have friends playing and I want to give it a chance so we'll see.

• RoyalkinRoyalkin Member UncommonPosts: 267

No, I will not. In fact, after participating in the beta, I found the game to not be worthy of purchase. The game is shallow, boring, childish, extremely repetative, and a I found its graphics to be a cross between Fisher-Price and the Clone Wars series. It's a very sad attempt at producing a MMORPG. I decided to give it a chance though, and after that experience, it is exactly what I thought it would be, a thinly disguised CORPG. Even that might be giving it too much, there really isn't much RP in it to begin with, since the game is very much a 'directed' (on rails) experience. It's not worth it's subscription cost, and I don't think it's worth the box cost either.

Also, the argument that I shouldn't be so dissapointed in the game seeing as I knew what it was is a falacious argument. My dissapointment stems from what this game could do to the development of future MMO(RPG)s. Considering that if it is as successful as some wish it to be, this is what we will continue to get from future development. Do we really want to play the same game over and over again?

• Anoebis.beAnoebis.be Member Posts: 62

Unless Guild Wars 2 ends up in stores within the next 24 days,

yes I will subscribe (already did btw).

I am purely playing SWTOR to keep me busy while I wait for Guild Wars 2.

And so far... I'm having a great time!

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

I might even keep a sub running while playing GW2. The story is interesting and for 15 euro's a month it's giving me more fun then your avarage single player games. I doubt the storyline will keep me interested that long though :P

• SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336

Originally posted by Royalkin

Also, the argument that I shouldn't be so dissapointed in the game seeing as I knew what it was is a falacious argument. My dissapointment stems from what this game could do to the development of future MMO(RPG)s. Considering that if it is as successful as some wish it to be, this is what we will continue to get from future development. Do we really want to play the same game over and over again?

Great. Now next time voice your opinion with your wallet and don't buy the game at release. It will send a stronger message to developers. :)

No, I will not. In fact, after participating in the beta, I found the game to not be worthy of purchase. The game is shallow, boring, childish, extremely repetative, and a I found its graphics to be a cross between Fisher-Price and the Clone Wars series. It's a very sad attempt at producing a MMORPG. I decided to give it a chance though, and after that experience, it is exactly what I thought it would be, a thinly disguised CORPG. Even that might be giving it too much, there really isn't much RP in it to begin with, since the game is very much a 'directed' (on rails) experience. It's not worth it's subscription cost, and I don't think it's worth the box cost either.

Though you will post on MMORPG.com every day how bad the game is right?  Why does a game you hate make you try to convince others (who are enjoying the game) that this "failure" of a game will lead to "more of the same failures" in future MMO development.

Wouldn't this game being "a failure" ensure that noone else puts these "failures" in their game?  Trying to follow your twisted "hater" logic.

If you don't like a game don't play it, and quit running to MMORPG.com to trash it.

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

Though you will post on MMORPG.com every day how bad the game is right?  Why does a game you hate make you try to convince others (who are enjoying the game) that this "failure" of a game will lead to "more of the same failures" in future MMO development.

Wouldn't this game being "a failure" ensure that noone else puts these "failures" in their game?  Trying to follow your twisted "hater" logic.

I think you have it wrong.  They want it to be a failure so that other games won't follow the same route.  That's why they come here and trash it to try to make that happen by convincing people how "bad" the game is.

• Feather5Feather5 Member Posts: 90

I will be and I have tried RIFT (didnt like it) 

I love the story line, I love the flashpoints and heroics, the server im on (urgo trask) is friendly and im yet to see an IPWNN00BZ name as of yet, no problems grouping and my friends list is getting pretty big now.

Ex. myth of soma, legend of mir, mu online and eudemons online player.

Current game : Runescape (until pc build is complete)

Originally posted by leojreimroc

I think you have it wrong.  They want it to be a failure so that other games won't follow the same route.  That's why they come here and trash it to try to make that happen by convincing people how "bad" the game is.

Possibly, either way it's absurb for those to wish "death" on games and/or developers in a genre which possibly realises the most on what others introduce into it.  We the gamers are lucky to have so many MMO's to chose from these days, some released by the big names and other hidden gems from the small studios.

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Ehmm... topic is about those who have bough the game. Since you didn't after your bad experince in beta so technically you can not resub. But hey don't let me stop you or anything from telling us  why  you are not going to resub ;) lol

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

Originally posted by onthestick

Ehmm... topic is about those who have bough the game. Since you didn't after your bad experince in beta so technically you can not resub. But hey don't let me stop you or anything from telling us  why  you are not going to resub ;) lol

Notice how he has "TOR" listed in games played on his bio from Beta playing.

• RoyalkinRoyalkin Member UncommonPosts: 267

Originally posted by onthestick

While my criticisms of the game, I feel are valid, I do concede that I shouldn't have posted due to the nature of the topic. For that I apologize. I'm big enough to admit my mistakes.

• KultaKulta Member Posts: 25

So far I can say NO, I will not be. 

The game has been out 5 days and 2 of those I have not been able to play because of  their lack of being prepared. 

1. Long que to even set up sub plan kept me out 

2. Today this insane 8 hours and counting maintenance. 

I played Rift since it's launch and though Trion does almost daily down times for patches  ect. They normally take 30 mins or less .. 

Did someone surprise Bio ware by handing this game to them at the last minute?  I know I been following and regestered, to beta test over 2 years back .

Very Disappointed in their performance so far

• HydhraHydhra Member Posts: 32

Worst customer service i've ever been withness too so no im done with the game once my first month is out...

DAoC/GW/Lotro/WoW/WAR/Rift/SWTor

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Hell ya I will resub, having a lot of fun,,,, could be due to the fact im playing it with other ppl and not solo.