Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too fast - can I have an experience toggle like EQ2?

2»

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Originally posted by popinjay

This game is pretty fantastic and has TONS of content, more than any game that's been released recently.

Apart from RIFT.

***EDIT***

Knowing pop, I'll add that SWtOR kept me in content for 2 months, SWtOR managed a mere 3 weeks.

No, this doesn't mean that I play excessively; this means that I need more of a challenge.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by darwa

Originally posted by popinjay

This game is pretty fantastic and has TONS of content, more than any game that's been released recently.

Apart from RIFT.
    ***EDIT***
    Knowing pop, I'll add that SWtOR kept me in content for 2 months, SWtOR managed a mere 3 weeks.
    No, this doesn't mean that I play excessively; this means that I need more of a challenge.

Sorry, but I don't call:

World Event One: Purple mobs.

World Event Two: Green mobs.

World Event Three: Brown mobs.

World Event Four: Yellow mobs.

........content. It's a retread. It's all the same. Dungeons that they made Day 1 have a wing added three months later and that's called "new content". The things like Instant Adventures are boring and zergy, the Chronicles is a solo dungeon you do maybe five times then are bored and only go back to get a mount to drop.

Collecting artifacts for a white turtle isn't really content if you want to PLAY. Collecting titles so that you can change your name everyday isn't fun.

If Rift is fun for you, cool. But the "content" that they add is boring, easy and if you just read the officials, people are snoring on it now and about to revolt.

If you look at their forums now, Rift is just one big locked thread.

• Originally posted by MattNe

Silly posters....

Serioiusly?

Would you rather have to grind mobs for a couple days after you've quested a planet so you can get to approipate level for the next?

Definitely not, but with the amount of content in the game you can easily do XP nerfs without getting remotely near to having to grind.

• I found a good way of moderating my XP gains. If I find myself ending up a level too high for the quests I'm getting, I simply go into my quest log and stop tracking the bonus quests.

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

Why would you need XP nerfs?

You can go back and do the content whether it is yellow... green... or grey.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Again someone who complains about having choice ..  clear youre head *handwave* and learn that you can skip content..and do it whit a alt later on  , you dont need every quest, they are the side mission, they are not main plot lines.  theres only one thing you must do, and that is youre class main quest. everyting else is there to fill in the gaps for you. 

do it all, and you overlevel untill you hit 30. by then it slows down a bit and you nearing the ACT 1 end. by the time youre 50,and even if you have done everyting up to that point you still wont have compleeted act 3 , and you still have content to play true...

Sw:tor aint about the levels..its about the journey and however you decide to do it. I spent two days repeating flashpoints. solo on the lower and in pug whit the higher ones to gather compleet sets. I done all planets and everyting ballanced out (level/mobs) at some point, Enjoy that you dont have that many down times (rest) for healing and sutch.

• crusher143crusher143 Member UncommonPosts: 198

Originally posted by Calerxes

Originally posted by Kabaal

You're talking about the leveling pace at low levels though. I'll hit 40 tonight with 97 hours /played on my main, no doubt it'll probably take half that again to go from 40 to 50. That's hardly too quick in my eyes.

150 hours to cap and you think thats slow? thats way too quick in my eyes 300 is a better number.

Around 300 was in WoW classic to reach to lvl60, was perfectly fine.

What I dont like in SWTOR is, Iam getting now my last real spell at lvl34 and after that I dont have anything to look forward to (in term of spells). That probably will make the game much more boring after lvl34 :/.