Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Less than a week, we can prove two things !

BioWare can market well, and there are a real lot of hard core StarWars fans. Thats about it so far.

My opinion :

Take away the Voice Acting, make it just like wow and it would last much longer.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I would really like it without the voice acting. It makes a good mmo, not an mmo.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Originally posted by Timukas

You can skip the voice acting and I'm actually doing it with some of the side quests, but then again I love voice acting in major quests and class quest line. It kind of puts RPG in my MMO which I have missed long years.

If you skip the voice acting you have half a game, a shell

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Originally posted by page

You can skip the voice acting and I'm actually doing it with some of the side quests, but then again I love voice acting in major quests and class quest line. It kind of puts RPG in my MMO which I have missed long years.

No game is as good as Vanguard..am i right?

• NaucanoNaucano Member UncommonPosts: 80

Interesting.

Though I am not sure what you mean exactly with "can market well". Star wars has indeed a huge number of dedicated fans., does this add to the succes ? Or are they on the contrary the most judicairy ones ?

What would it give if Bioware had made a MMO with the Mass Effect theme ?

And voice acting, well, It is a small factor. I wonder though what this means for the future. See, most of the NPC quest givers are now with voice. There is more to it then just making it believable. The game takes already 20-21Gig. I would be surprised if voice acting got nothing to do with that. And if they have to make newer content later on, it wil add to he share manhours needed to make it. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that any later add ons will have a cost factor which will be significantly higher with then without voice-acting.

Question remains what it adds to the simple enjoyment of the actual play ? Is this the feature we were waiting for ? Graphics are important, sound is important and the general mechanics better not strife with the gameplay. All this has to be up to standard. All I get from voice acting is that somebody plays out what I can read or see.

It undeniable adds to the story, but it does not make the story. And it does not make the game. It certainly does not make half the game, that is plainly exagerated.

Rated M for Mature - May contain content inappropriate for children

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

I can't believe how many haters there are. Really, I can't. I bought the game, and didn't expect to like it so much. After being let down time and time again by other hyped up releases of games, and I have tried probably all of them. I can't make a complete assessment of the game, i'm only in the 20s' but one thing is for sure, I will stay at least a few months for sure. After that, we'll see.

Bottom line,  I'm having a blast, more than I thought I would. I hope Bioware is smart about how/when they update the game and add content.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

The OP couldn't be more off base. it's totally fun. Granted no MMO is for everyone. However this is certainly not like WoW.. if anything it's more Like Guild Wars in persistant world.

• headenheaden Member UncommonPosts: 229

Originally posted by select20
    I can't believe how many haters there are. Really, I can't. I bought the game, and didn't expect to like it so much. After being let down time and time again by other hyped up releases of games, and I have tried probably all of them. I can't make a complete assessment of the game, i'm only in the 20s' but one thing is for sure, I will stay at least a few months for sure. After that, we'll see.
    Bottom line,  I'm having a blast, more than I thought I would. I hope Bioware is smart about how/when they update the game and add content.

If someone doesn't share a similar view point with you, it does not mean that they are a "hater". It's called differentiating opinions. Just because people are vocal about their view points doesn't mean it's some form of hate. Can we stop with this stuff already?

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Yet another well reasoned and fully verifiable informative post! You guys win, I actually hate this game. You've just provided so many great reasons to back up your claims that others might call baseless.

Gee, I can't wait to quit this game and go play, what was it again? I think you forgot to tell me about the other game that is going to provide me with as much fun a this one.

Which mmo was it that I haven't tried that I'm going to like more than this?

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Originally posted by dubyahite

Yet another well reasoned and fully verifiable informative post! You guys win, I actually hate this game. You've just provided so many great reasons to back up your claims that others might call baseless.

Gee, I can't wait to quit this game and go play, what was it again? I think you forgot to tell me about the other game that is going to provide me with as much fun a this one.

Which mmo was it that I haven't tried that I'm going to like more than this?

SWG lol

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Originally posted by Supersoups

Originally posted by page

No game is as good as Vanguard..am i right?

Dude, you are always right!...except maybe this one time, but HEY, no one is perfect, am I Right?!

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by headen

Originally posted by select20

If someone doesn't share a similar view point with you, it does not mean that they are a "hater". It's called differentiating opinions. Just because people are vocal about their view points doesn't mean it's some form of hate. Can we stop with this stuff already?

No, we can't! It's Star Wars, and it has reinvented the internet. Stop spewing hate and get back to reality. It is a proven fact that it is impossible to dislike TOR unless you are a hater of everything fun and sacred. It's also a proven fact that there is nothing wrong with the game, and anyone who states otherwise is also a hater.