Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 million subs reached

Comments

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by jpnole

Originally posted by mindw0rk

Originally posted by sanosukex

Originally posted by eycel

Not suprising with all the bloody rampage over SWTOR, not the good kind, its amazing they sold 900k pre's. 

well according to many on the site people who don't feel this is the greatest MMO ever are the vocal minority and have no clue what they are talking about

greatest MMO ever my ass

Your ass or someone else's, it will go down as the greatest of it's era. MMOs continue to evolve but it's the best thing going right now.

lol no it wont.. WoW will,  sadly or gladly depending on who you talk to but its still in wow's era

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Vhaln

Huh?  I thought they had a million and a half preorders?

Same here...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by DarkPony

Pretty good. I wonder how many people bought the game though. I expected that number to be much, much higher.

Yeah I actually agree that number does seem lower than it should be.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405

Originally posted by Uronksur

Nice, but a bit premature. The more telling statistic will be the number of subscriptions at the 1-month mark when people start to get billed.

By then it will be 2 million. This is a game changer and will revolutioninze the MMO genre.

lol next-big-thingers, EX Rift fanboy.

You never learn, do you?

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Originally posted by Smikis

thats incredibly low for what most expected, and "registered "is that with actuall game copy, or just registered in theirs post beta system ( release one ), played early access, but decided game isnt worth 40~ pounds so never actually bought it, yet i was actually playing player for couple days

in any case, even if its 1mln game copies.. i find it low, and future is grim for swtor, there is no way they will produce new content at any good rate, considering how long swtor was developed and how little actuall content it have..

Haters gonna hater, just give up men, new endgame flashpoint, warzones and a Raid early next month. and is more than 1 mill, actually  http://www.swtor.com/news/press-release/20111223   i like the part where they said ¨the Fastest Growing Subscription MMO in the History¨ 

• justmmojustmmo Member Posts: 12

Pretty good. I wonder how many people bought the game though. I expected that number to be much, much higher.

How is this good?

With all the hype and it being a bioware game I find the number a bit of a joke. Still enjoying my time in tor but honestly I can't see myself staying here longer than a month maybe two to level a char on each side, and despite all the exitement in the first week and a half it seems to be the consensus in my guild as well.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by hikaru77

thats incredibly low for what most expected, and "registered "is that with actuall game copy, or just registered in theirs post beta system ( release one ), played early access, but decided game isnt worth 40~ pounds so never actually bought it, yet i was actually playing player for couple days

in any case, even if its 1mln game copies.. i find it low, and future is grim for swtor, there is no way they will produce new content at any good rate, considering how long swtor was developed and how little actuall content it have..

Haters gonna hater, just give up men, new endgame flashpoint, warzones and a Raid early next month. and is more than 1 mill, actually  http://www.swtor.com/news/press-release/20111223   i like the part where they said ¨the Fastest Growing Subscription MMO in the History¨ 

And the fastest at using the hype :

In the USA, G4 scored Star Wars: The Old Republic a perfect 5 out of 5 and PC Gamer rated the game a 93%. Australia’s AUSgames.com and Germany’s Games Aktuell scored the game 95%, and Sweden’s GameReactor gave the Old Republic a 90% rating.

Naw they dont use each other to hype.. do they:P

• JarazarJarazar Member Posts: 231

It is comical to watch people take the time to post 5 pages of "It will fail anyway" posts. Does it really bother people to see the game do well?...and it is doing really well. I have yet to hear anyone in game bash it. As a matter of fact, they do nothing but praise it. So unless the servers crash and everyone loses their accounts, I think it will be just fine for a LONG time to come.

I am sorry that ToR's success is bothering some of you. But, the almighty GW2 will be here soon enough and you all can have something to do.

Henny Pennie anyone?

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by DarLorkar

And the fastest at using the hype :

In the USA, G4 scored Star Wars: The Old Republic a perfect 5 out of 5 and PC Gamer rated the game a 93%. Australia’s AUSgames.com and Germany’s Games Aktuell scored the game 95%, and Sweden’s GameReactor gave the Old Republic a 90% rating.

Naw they dont use each other to hype.. do they:P

If you look at the other bioware games ratings it's very interesting.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Originally posted by justmmo

How is this good?

With all the hype and it being a bioware game I find the number a bit of a joke. Still enjoying my time in tor but honestly I can't see myself staying here longer than a month maybe two to level a char on each side, and despite all the exitement in the first week and a half it seems to be the consensus in my guild as well.

Just LoL.

1).  Is over 1 mill of subs till the 20 of dec, where most of the people didnt put a subscription until after the 22th of dec, and is growing every single day. 

2). swtor is the most successful launch in the MMO history.

3). haters gonna hate.   

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

How is this good?

Just LoL.

1).  Is over 1 mill of subs till the 20 of dec, where most of the people didnt put a subscription until after the 22th of dec, and is growing every single day. 

3). haters gonna hate.   

Launch success is meaningless if the game doesn't hold the subs.

• justmmojustmmo Member Posts: 12

How is this good?

Just LoL.

3). haters gonna hate.   

Stupidity is a virtue, if you played lotro no doubt you would have been at rank 12 by now...

1. Read the article, then apologize to me

2. Who is talking about launch?

3. Sure, while I stated I was still enjoying the game but didn't see the longetivity in it, I am a hater, thanks! one less grind I have to worry about.

• warbot7777warbot7777 Member Posts: 110

SWTOR is great. [Mod Edit]

Congrats to Bioware and all of us who do enjoy SWTOR! Merry Christmas!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by returnintor

By then it will be 2 million. This is a game changer and will revolutioninze the MMO genre.

Within two months, SWTOR's paids subscriptions will be less than 250,000.  A month after that, 150,000.

take the two extremes away and we have a good guess....

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Distopia

Within two months, SWTOR's paids subscriptions will be less than 250,000.  A month after that, 150,000.

take the two extremes away and we have a good guess....

The 150,000 and 2 million right?

IMO all three are extreme but what ever floast your boat bro

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

HA that's priceless, first of all there are more than that now, second to suggest the game is anything short of a huge success is absurd.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Lol. 150,000 in three months. I really wish I could gamble on these predictions with you guys. I'd be rich.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Originally posted by rutaq

Hurray SWTOR !!!

It managed to do something that almost every major MMO launch in the last 3 years did. ( WoW, Age of Conan, Rift and maybe even Aion)   The thing to watch is how many subscription actually hang on past the first 30 days and the critical 60 day mark.

Age of Conan never hit 1 ,000,000  subscriptions... It's big merit is that it sold 1,000,000 boxes, and that figure took longer than a week to make.

1,000,000 subscriptions is significant, all considering they only released in two major regions.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Originally posted by Uronksur

Nice, but a bit premature. The more telling statistic will be the number of subscriptions at the 1-month mark when people start to get billed.

So in ONE month, SWTOR subscriptions will be lower than  AOC, WAR, and LOTRO, which are all mmorpg's quite older, that did not do nearly as well initially as SWTOR, and also suffered inevitable decline... You are telling us that SWTOR, within one month, will have less subs than these?

Care you show me your math, or at least show me the drugs you are taking.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

If you are curious what Massive Multiplayer is like,  check out Ogrimmar on any of the Heavily Populated WoW servers,  it is a huge town alive with hundreds of other players.  

Because they 're all waiting for their BG / Normal / Heroic / Raid queue to pop, nothing else to do.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Hurray SWTOR !!!

It managed to do something that almost every major MMO launch in the last 3 years did. ( WoW, Age of Conan, Rift and maybe even Aion)

Didnt WoW have something like 200k subs initially. Not that it matters anything today, but as far as I know WoW didnt have that many subs when it started.

• xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199

Originally posted by sanosukex

Originally posted by Ashlinde

this announcement doesnt sit well with me... considering between digital and box preorders there were supposed to be around 1.5-2million PREORDERS... meaning more now that launch is on....

inflated numbers... or a lot of cancels..

Count me as a cancel. I guess they must have included me because I registered the pre-order but after trying out the free beta weekened I cancelled immediately. But your right they probably included evey preorder and registration regardless of cancellation. 

The trust sign will be after the 1st month when we get a concrete number or how many people are paying monthly! 

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Originally posted by rutaqIf you are curious what Massive Multiplayer is like,  check out Ogrimmar on any of the Heavily Populated WoW servers,  it is a huge town alive with hundreds of other players.  

No, that's a huge lobby, not a town, the reason why the people are standing still in Orgrimmar like some road signs is because they are waiting for one of the several queues to pop up. I'm not saying it's a good or a bad thing, just stating the obvious.

Also WoW has no other reason to go out to the world other than leveling and gathering, I hope the "big towns" in TOR will stay less populated just because it at least has some world pvp areas and a few reasons to get out there opposed to practically none that WoW has.

• Chivalry1978Chivalry1978 Member Posts: 184

congrats to swtor...

side note new content was in production before cbt was released...now end game new planents pvp and space combat so ummm yeah.....to all the haters go play your game already and leave this one alone please.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Premature by far. You need people to actually PAY for subs before you can claim that as a good statistic. Even then, your still needing to count for people possibly multi-accounting, though since its common anywehre its not as big of a deal.

Either way, wait till they actually have people PAY for a sub before posting. Not being a doomsayer, but it makes little sense to announce about it having so many people subscribed when it just came out and no monthly fees were given.