Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be subscribing after the first month?

Comments

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Originally posted by krakken

no after 2 days and maybe 10 hours of playtime i'm done with this game.

i will not even use the rest of my free time (28 days) this game is not worth my time

Pretty much my beta experience, i saved 50$.

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310

That's unfortunate. I've found this game to be highly entertaining. image

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I will be subscribing!

I spent all day today playing space missions! Theyre so addicting o.o

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Honestly, I have no idea. I'll probably stick around to play another character to cap (from the other faction), so that might tip me over to month 2. In that case I'll also keep playing WZ and Ilum on my main. 

I don't have much desire to raid in any MMO at all, so if Ilum's not really fun, I'll probably drop my sub after that.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

A yep from me. SWTOR has solid foundations, having lots of fun right now and looking forward to seeing what Bioware will add next.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

I don't know.  Unlike everyone else, I have a month to decide.

• AgartAgart Member UncommonPosts: 82

YES! I will be subscribing, i'm really enjoying the game.

• blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174

After playing TOR for the past 5 days here is  what will happen next:

1. Uninstall TOR;

2. Put game on shelf with the other MMO's gathering dust;

3. Unsubscribe;

4.  Check forums in 1 -2  months to follow the TOR server merger SAGA that will unfold as people leave in droves.

5  Check the forums in 12 months to read the   "TOR gone F2P"  and chuckle.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

What  I don't get is I'm flagged for PVP and yet I've seen no one from the other faction.... like what? When playing WoW back in 2005 you'd always be ganked so what is going on?

• BrynnBrynn Member Posts: 345

No.

Does anyone remember the cantinas in SWG? They were alive! Dancing, playing music or listening. The cantinas in TOR don't pull you in. There were so many ways to feel part of the economy in that game, too. Sandbox games keep you playing.

• ZaushZaush Member Posts: 371
    Fantastic game. I can see myself playing for a very long time. As a casual player I can really only play about 10 hours a week. I love that I can jump in for a few hours and accomplish something. I haven't played MMOs much since the NGE, just CoH off and on. Nice to finally have an MMO home.
  • spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405
    Yes, for 1-3-4 months, it's a fun filler.

But Tera and The Secret World both look better and more innovative, so... yeah.

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• LadyAlyseLadyAlyse Member UncommonPosts: 36

I played the open beta over Thanksgiving.  The game was on my Christmas list, but I removed it after the beta.  I'm looking for an open world game, a sandbox.  I want to feel like the world is REAL.  I enjoyed SWG because I could play and not do missions.  There were other things happening.  You could work on building entertainment skills or doctor skills, etc.  And I did like having a home and miss that in WoW, which I  play btw.   Just saying SWTOR didn't meet my expectations. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

I have no idea.  I'm really enjoying leveling my sith assasin but I'm not sure how entertained I'll be at level cap.  If I had to guess right now, I'd say that I probably won't be subscribing right away.  The one thing that could hook me would be an awesome space sim like the old XWing vs. Tie Fighter games and their sequels.  I'm not really interested in the whole WOW end game grind which is their model.

I bought the game for it's potential and the leveling experience.  I'm just too poor to pay a subscription just to level alts.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by tixylix

I've done all the grouped missions that I can so far and it is really hard to find a PUG. There are no group finder tools that I can find anyways and the game has such a solo focus that most people seem to skip the grouped stuff.

Just responding to this. There is a LFG feature in the social window... press O to open it and flag yourself as LFG. Others will show up LFG and what quests / dungeons they are looking for.

Also not sure what server you are on, but the two I play - Nightmare Lands for Sith and The Harbinger for Jedi - are full of LFG in every single planet. I havent had to look for more than 2 mins to get a full group for any particular quest or dungeon.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

I expect starter areas to be linear after all the starter areas in WoW are linear as well.

WOW actually isn't that linear.  On release they had two continents to choose from when leveling from 1-50 and once they added silithus you could get to 60 on both continents.  You could level completely to 60 on one continent and choose the other one the next time.  BC was totally linear, but WOTLK and Cata at least gave people the options of two starting areas.  That design was a necessity given the number of people fighting over quests in BC's one starting area.

The totally linear progression in SWTOR is a detriment if you want to level multiple characters on the same faction.  I can see where some people would be really turned off by it.

• SomartSomart Member UncommonPosts: 61

Hell yes i will be! i usually get bored around half way through lvling in mmos, but swtor keeps me interested for hours. i find myself sitting there for 5+ hours without even noticing the time go by. if they keep adding content and fixing this game i could easily keep subcribing month after month. i always feel like theres something to do thats not just lvl to endgame. loving it!

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Yes , no pressure to level up and enjoying the game with friends. With all the messing about and the various class choices I can see us all extending past the first month maybe past six months. Just as a side note we all play other games so SWTOR can only have a couple or three nights a week.

Not sure why the OP post was such a wall of text. Simple question simpkle answer

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Yes!

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

I'm certain I will play into the 2nd month... beyond that, it's unlikely. 

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Absolutely. Ive never had this much fun in an mmo before.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• I really wanted to like this game.  I followed it for 2 years but NO I wont be coming back.  

• geekoramageekorama Member Posts: 6

Hell yes, I'm subscribing after my first month. In fact, if they offered a lifetime membership, I would buy it in a heartbeat! Most fun I've had in an MMO since Asheron's Call.

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

Paid for 6 months, been playing and testing since summer and I love it, so does the other 99.99% of actual subscribers.

No wall of text needed the subscription numbers speak for themselves.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

No