Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be subscribing after the first month?

Comments

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Far more people saying yes on here then I expected I think I will also sub for a good while.

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Yes.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• AshlindeAshlinde Member Posts: 120

so that is like 100 yes and maybe 3 no? pretty sure retention is not going to be an issue for a while....

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by Woopin

Far more people saying yes on here then I expected I think I will also sub for a good while.

Imo, I think asking the same question in 3 months will yeild different results.  

The game is good, and would have done well as a single player game (in the sense of 'one and one' play approach with say Mass Effect, etc).    The question is how will people feel about the game in 3 months, once they have played through the VOs, and seeing how the game plays as a repeatative game (MMO). 

• Stephanie266Stephanie266 Member UncommonPosts: 1

Yes.  I will be playing this fantastic game for quite some time to come.

• MMOrUSMMOrUS Member Posts: 414

Most definately a YES to subbing at the end of my free month, it's the best thing I've played in a long long time.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Originally posted by eycel

I will be, having a great time atm with my Knight on the republic side.

Remember, you dont have to stay subscribed to support the game, staying active in the SWTOR community supports it just as much.  I like to play one month, and take one off and check out other stuff, then return next month off and on like that sometimes in mmos, nothing wrong with doing it like this.  Theres so many great games to play.

I agree thier so much more out thier right now, thats why Im going to hold off, I like to wait till they add in more stuff before I play, did the same thing for SWG, tried it then left for a year till they built a full game.   SWTOR has alot of potential but its more RPG, Ill wait and see if they add in more MMO.

• montinmontin Member Posts: 218

Its a wonderful game. I love the quests and narration of them. I even enjoy the space combat. Its a great single player game and.....wait a minute, its an online game you tell me! Such a shame that this game has a monthly sub. A cost I certainly wont be paying and will cancel after the first month. Hence I'm rushing my character thru the class quests as I'm enjoying those. But really this is a single player game pretending to be an online game. Having its players pay for this each month is robbery. Still, it's enjoyable in its own way but I cant see it retaining a high subscription rate. So back to Rift after my first month of swtor. A month I will enjoy :)

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326

I've made choices as a SIth Warrior on my main story I would like to explore the different options that changed certain aspects. The companions come to mind, the manner in which you treat them before and after can decide just how they turn out.

The legacy system intrigues me and I can see my self remaking my warrior to see just how different the added character creation options are.

In my opinion this game is well worth another month, probably plenty more.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

No, I won't be.

• BrambLedBrambLed Member Posts: 2

For me, after typing in my credit card info last night, I played for a little bit longer and realized the game just wasn't for me (currently level 33).

I feel like the game lacks a personality. Mobs are stagnant and don't move and the world just doesn't seem vibrant with life. On top of that, the game has some original ideas but for the most part it is straight copypasta from WoW, and the game actually just makes me WANT to play WoW.

While the story elements are interesting, my choices don't really have any effect on the world. They just make you think you do. And when you get to max level and the story elements are gone for the most part, it's a nonfactor in the game altogether.

The subclass/main class system is something I also don't like, because it takes away from the unique feel of each main class.

The only thing that made me say "damn that's brilliant" is the crafting and mission system with crew skills. The rest of the game however didn't make me think that so I won't be playing for the rest of my included time.

So I won't be resubbing. I think the true test of the game is in 3 months when most players are level 50 and doing end game content, and it comes time for Bioware to release some new content. I just don't see it lasting because with the amount of money Bioware is reported to have invested in this game, it just didn't match up with the experience for me.

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

Has there been any news of an upcoming patch to add in things?

• shaykalshaykal Member UncommonPosts: 16

Absolutly!

Already subscribed for 3 months.

It's a very refreshing game in comparison to all the other MMOs currently out there

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I think it's too early to ask this now. Remember Rift at that same time, when everyone was hyped even more -and look at what people said like 3-5 month after or at the game now. And after loggin in today, i still find Rift the WAY better game overall.

Anyway, i stil hope that SWTOR will be a major success and you people enjoy yourself. The reason is that WoW must come to an end already. Otherwise, supporting pseudo-mmorpgs such as SWTOR won't carry the genre any further.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Yes.

And I love all the people complaining it isn't f2p.  They expect everything to be free and whine when its not.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• WindlionWindlion Member UncommonPosts: 53

Hi just this http://www.swtor.com/blog/what%E2%80%99s-next-old-republic

• New Content – We will be adding new content to the galaxy on an ongoing basis. These worlds will include Operations, Flashpoints and solo content.

• Guild Functionality – Guilds are important to the long term health of any MMORPG. We have a huge list of guild centric features. This will be an ongoing effort that will probably never end. Guild banks are the first thing we’ll be delivering in our plans for increased guild functionality. Eventually we even want to deliver on the promise of the long hinted at “Guild Capital Ships”.

• UI customization – You like choice. We hear you! SWTOR is all about choice. Being able to choose how you interact with an online game is something we feel is very important. We are going to be giving more control over the UI as an ongoing effort. This is a very big priority for us.

• PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.

• Space Combat – We will continue to add missions to the space game. We also have a special project going on right now that will expand space gameplay in a significant way... for now the details will have to remain under wraps.

• Legacy System – The ability to select a surname for your character is just the start of something much bigger. Soon, the Legacy experience and levels you earn will grant your characters access to powers, objects and other cool benefits.

• And more – We have an entire team of developers working on future content. Right now we are focused on nothing else but Star Wars: The Old Republic, so expect new and cool things.
  • HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Everyone in my household will be

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Originally posted by Loekii

Originally posted by Woopin

Imo, I think asking the same question in 3 months will yeild different results.  

The game is good, and would have done well as a single player game (in the sense of 'one and one' play approach with say Mass Effect, etc).    The question is how will people feel about the game in 3 months, once they have played through the VOs, and seeing how the game plays as a repeatative game (MMO). 

Depends on how much content they add and how much they add and how frequant.

• viletotoviletoto Member Posts: 22

definitely subbing, havent had this much fun in an mmo since my very first (DAOC)  I am playing through the content very slowly and enjoying all it has to offer.  I will be playing until GW2 comes out and likely continue playing even if I like GW2. Since GW2 is B2P I can play both :)

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269

I havent drank pop (soda) for 6 years , this game made me fall off the wagon back on the Mt.Dew train!!!!  So i can keep playing all night....

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Originally posted by kegtap

Yes! I signed up for a 3 month sub.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Originally posted by Ginaz

Yes.

And I love all the people complaining it isn't f2p.  They expect everything to be free and whine when its not.

I don't mind buying an item every now and then like in TF2, I just don't want to subscribe to a game for a month when I don't know how much I'm going to play it or if I'll only play it now and then. I'd gladly buy time and use that time as I played or buy items to support the game when I'm playing, I jsut don't want to be locked into a subscription.

• UzlebUzleb Member Posts: 162

No

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Most likley, yes... But not because of the game but rather because of a starved and empty wallet. Our household can currently support subscription only for one game and that is currently WoW (the casual guild i am in are curently gearing up and moving through Dragon soul so we feel that has a bit higher priority.

This have been a good conversation

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

I have to see further content to judge this, especially around pvp. As far I see the 3 battlegrounds alone wont hold me in this game.