Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I love this game!

I dont know why people are hating on this game so much this is the MMO that got me loving MMO's again.  WOW clone maybe but I dont think so I played WOW and I didnt like it so they must have done something different.  I think the reason there is so much hate is because Bioware didn't make a SWG 2 [mod edit]  I look around while playing and I am amazed by the detail. I love the story I am playing a Trooper class and the story makes me feel like I am a badass and my actions mean something unlike the questing in WOW kill 10 rats.  So with all the negitive post I should show that there are people that love it not just me, talk to the people playing the game not all the people Im canceling and going back to wow kinda people(either they never played the game or are still playing and wanting attention.

Comments

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by Majwood

I dont know why people are hating on this game so much this is the MMO that got me loving MMO's again.  WOW clone maybe but I dont think so I played WOW and I didnt like it so they must have done something different.  I think the reason there is so much hate is because Bioware didn't make a SWG 2[ mod edit].  I look around while playing and I am amazed by the detail. I love the story I am playing a Trooper class and the story makes me feel like I am a badass and my actions mean something unlike the questing in WOW kill 10 rats.  So with all the negitive post I should show that there are people that love it not just me, talk to the people playing the game not all the people Im canceling and going back to wow kinda people(either they never played the game or are still playing and wanting attention.

Glad to see that you are enjoying yourself. My little brother was surprised at how much he liked the game as well. He is not much of a MMO fan normally. 

• MajwoodMajwood Member Posts: 8

Yea while everyone is complaining I just want people to know that everyone that I have talked to in the game loves it.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    It's funny, there are a small handful of people frothing at the mouth on this site to tell us how bad it is, and how wrong we are for liking it, but the amount of people in game enjoying it is absolutely staggering.

There has never been a more successful mmo at launch, that has to mean something.

Everyone and their mom is playing this one. Even a lot of people that hate it forked over the $60 for the free month to try it out.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• RaoraRaora Member Posts: 243

lets keep this thread positive. I agree with you OP. By far one of the beast launches I've participated it

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Raora

lets keep this thread positive. I agree with you OP. By far one of the beast launches I've participated it

I absolutely agree, a well tought out launch strategy combined with a rock solid product.

In general people are either playing the game, or complaining on these boards. I assume people that those few people that dislike the game being so loud on these boards means that most people are playing and enjoying the game.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

The vocal minority always appear bigger than they really are.  This applies to politics as well as haters on an mmo game.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Just wait for it.... any time now.....

• JarazarJarazar Member Posts: 231

Originally posted by Supersoups

Just wait for it.... any time now.....

Not yet...I love the game too.

• FrostWolfieFrostWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 54

I participated in the Beta, and thanks to Early Game Access, have been playing the full game since the 13th for a couple of hours each night. I've been working on two characters, one Republic and one Imperial, and it's interesting to see the similarities between the two and yet still marvel at how much content is different for them.

Everything I've experienced to date in-game has convinced me to subscribe for the long run, something no other MMO has ever done. In my opinion, The Old Republic is a very enjoyable game so far and I intend to explore it to the best of my ability. Im subbing for a long time to come.

• evotevot Member Posts: 5

Love the game to :)

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Here, Here.  Loving it too!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by Majwood

I dont know why people are hating on this game so much this is the MMO that got me loving MMO's again.

I think people have put up a number of solid reasons for their dislike/disappointment for the game.

The VO's are cool, but lose their luster upon repeat.

The diversity is very narrow:

• Same Unibody style for most races -- players looking to play something other than one of 8 different colored humans, is not going to be happy.

• Not much room for deviation of the storylines

• Dialogue decisions and Morality Decisions are just 'fluff' and shallow (EQ's reputation system have more impact)

• Classes are restricted to Specific Weapons (Big gun for Vanguard, Pistol for BH, etc) -- rather than allowing classes to pick from a couple of weapons types like most other MMOs

Then there are the little things that people may not like:

• Simplistic and unmoveable UI

• Inability to queue for BG of choice

• VO acting quality (not expecting Oscars, but wasnt expecting small town dinner theater either)

• Graphic Art style

• Re-use of assests

• Easiness of the game

I am not saying people cannot enjoy the game, nor even think it is the best MMO ever -- but rather I am saying that dislike of the game is a valid opinion -- and more than simply being a 'hater'.

• RaoraRaora Member Posts: 243

last 2 posts, while not really haters, just had to bring this thread down, w2g guys

• Mythios11Mythios11 Member Posts: 129

I'm loving this game!   Everyone I know that's playing the game (mostly veteran MMO players like myself) love it too.

People who dislike this game seem to be in the minority based on industry reviews and player feedback.  But the minority has been intent on documenting their opnion of the game based on their own vision of what an MMO should be, not necessarily what SWTOR offers.

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

The sad part is, the vocal minority are sharing what they feel is wrong with the game, and basing it off the vision as they see it. Its like they are wearing anit-rose colored glasses, seeing what they want to see and ignoring everything else. I can look at the post above and I might agree with 1 point on the list, maybe two at most. The rest just dont strike as true to how I see it from my perspective. Like saying its wrong that you can't pick up multiple different types of weapons on any character type. I'm sorry, but I dont recall Luke wearing a jump pack, assault armor, and wielding a cannon JUST because he thought he should be able to. Or him saying the VO and Graphic style is bad, an opinion and nothing more, I bet he likes movies I hate too or listens to music I refer to as noise. Ok maybe not, but you get my point there, to say people put up solid reasons and listing personal opinions or things which dont even fit in the IP of the game, well then......

Its a very solid mmoRPG set in the SW IP, I'm enjoying it.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Originally posted by Kaocan

The sad part is, the vocal minority are sharing what they feel is wrong with the game, and basing it off the vision as they see it. Its like they are wearing anit-rose colored glasses, seeing what they want to see and ignoring everything else. I can look at the post above and I might agree with 1 point on the list, maybe two at most. The rest just dont strike as true to how I see it from my perspective. Like saying its wrong that you can't pick up multiple different types of weapons on any character type. I'm sorry, but I dont recall Luke wearing a jump pack, assault armor, and wielding a cannon JUST because he thought he should be able to. Or him saying the VO and Graphic style is bad, an opinion and nothing more, I bet he likes movies I hate too or listens to music I refer to as noise. Ok maybe not, but you get my point there, to say people put up solid reasons and listing personal opinions or things which dont even fit in the IP of the game, well then......

Its a very solid mmoRPG set in the SW IP, I'm enjoying it.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

I am playing a sith inquisitor and haveing a great time, such a great story, it lets out your inner evil he, he, there is back stabbing, second guessing, torture your enemies and dont be afrid of the UN, combat is an upgrade from most mmos, love the scenery and atmosphere, I have played many, many mmos and this is easily the best

• fnorgbyfnorgby Member Posts: 158

My go-to quote for times like this:

"This game sucks ass.  I should know -- I play it every day."

But srsly, I'm having too much fun pewpewing with my Merc or ripping stuff up with my Guardian to be bothered by the flaws.

WoW's success wasn't innovation, it was consolidation and polishing of ideas that worked.  SWTOR is kinda the same way, and I'm optimistic about the long-term prospects of the game.

I can also roleplay the tower in a chess game and shout "is that a peasant at the horizon I see? I will smash it I will! Oh damn I broke one of my merlons!". -- maji

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

Loving it too, best MMO since I started playing EQ1 and Wow, both at release. This will deffinetly hold me for awhile.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

For sure great awsome game, i find myself running around foruns, checking out all videos even at work

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

After years of crap mmorpg's have to say im loving TOR!

Not felt so immersed in an mmo since the original SWG at release, the companion stories are really interresting and i find i have a real affinity for my "pet" so to speak.

Still love WoW and EvE, but I haven't pulled an all-nighter in an mmorpg since DAoC some 9 years ago, found myself and my friends still playing at 4am...no-one realised it was so much fun and so engrossing.

I understand the negatives from the puritans, but screw all that, im having a blast!!

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

Quite simply the best MMO I have ever played. Love it to bits.

The servers keep filling up and they keep adding servers and the servers keep filling up and they keep adding servers, the servers k......................  :)