Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

30 day of game time included? Not really.

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

We are EA/SOE/FUNCOM !

Resistance is futile !

Now, give us your CC details...

:D

• KokushibyouKokushibyou Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by Fext

Originally posted by Uronksur

Have you ever played an MMORPG before this? They ALL make you sign up for a subscription plan once you buy the full game. It isn't seen in WoW or LotRO because they are F2P, genius. SWTOR isn't. I can't address AoC because I've never tried it. We are all billed immediately with a verification charge, which all adults here should know is just a test to make sure you aren't feeding them crap accounts. The charge is routinely canceled after a few days. So don't expect much sympathy just because you don't know regular business practices or how credit cards work.

This post clearly proves that you are really just some hired hand tasked to attack people who would not accept this scam.

WOW is damn not F2P at all. LOTRO is now but when I played it it was not.  AoC isn ow but when I played it it was not. I used prepaid cards from the very beginning and I needed to use it after the 30 days period was over, no sooner.

And even if it's not so they bloody do not need my cred card number before they are to be paid WHICH IS NOT NOW.  I paid for 30 days of game time and I want my 30days of game time NOW - with no additional conditions.

Never played AoC, but I know when I played WoW and LOTRO I had to enter a CC # to setup my account the first time.  Both have changed since they went F2P (yes, WoW is F2P now up to level 20), but back when they first came out both of them required a CC to activate.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

I believe the issue is that he was billed immediately, rather than after the 30 days of game time included with purchase.

Even the lot of you religious fanatics have to see something wrong with this situation.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

It's the standard procedure in all standard pay to play mmorpgs bro.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by MundusYep, pretty much. Your argument isn't exactly a prime example of the scientific method either. ;)

It isn't? My argument is logically sound, I am not getting lost in baseless assumptions...

Short memory, huh?

Originally posted by MundusFact is that a great many people seem to have had problems with it.

W/e...

No one is telling you that your desires are wrong. There is no 'right' nor 'wrong'. The point of discussion about CC information being required for account validation is that people like OP base their judgement on false information and lacking the understanding of the process.

You do not have to like how it is setup, no one will have an issue with that, but you have to understand it at least. It is indeed common practice for business requiring purchase fee. I already offered fairly elaborated explanation why it is done the way it is. Feel free to look up my post history or just scroll up.

Setting up payment method for activation is no scam, nor senseless request. Counter-intuitive? Inconvenient? Maybe. However the practice proves that people do accept it as something not of a big deal if an issue at all.

On the contrary, numbers do matter here as it is numbers that justify changes.

Standard business practice for online services is CC payments and EA is no different. They clearly state that valid CC is required to play the game and if you are still offended by request for CC information, I wonder why you venture into on-line services in the first place...

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Much to do about nothing. For some reason most of the people complaining had no problem forking over CC info to buy the game but WHOOAAHHHHH , hold on ...not wiling to take 2 minutes and enter CC info for a sub that can be cancelled immediately afterward ...then play out the free 30 days.

Whether or not you like the practice is not the point here. I find it hard to believe that any mmo vet here has not seen this in another game. Plenty of MMO's do this and it's mind boggling that this is even an issue.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Have you ever played an MMORPG before this? They ALL make you sign up for a subscription plan once you buy the full game. It isn't seen in WoW or LotRO because they are F2P, genius. SWTOR isn't. I can't address AoC because I've never tried it. We are all billed immediately with a verification charge, which all adults here should know is just a test to make sure you aren't feeding them crap accounts. The charge is routinely canceled after a few days. So don't expect much sympathy just because you don't know regular business practices or how credit cards work.

This post clearly proves that you are really just some hired hand tasked to attack people who would not accept this scam.

WOW is damn not F2P at all. LOTRO is now but when I played it it was not.  AoC isn ow but when I played it it was not. I used prepaid cards from the very beginning and I needed to use it after the 30 days period was over, no sooner.

And even if it's not so they bloody do not need my cred card number before they are to be paid WHICH IS NOT NOW.  I paid for 30 days of game time and I want my 30days of game time NOW - with no additional conditions.

WoW did not have prepaid cards at launch. Stop making things up.

If you don't want to play TOR, because they are doing something very standard in the indursty. Then by all means don't let the door hit you on the way out. Leave the game for the rest of the playerbase with common sense.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by forest-nl

So far I'd give Bioware the title of the scammer of the year. First the artifical queues at servers to make people spread evenly, then the "servers overloaded" excuse to stop people posting on their forums - but the "pay us to get what you already paid for" is really the best.

I don't get it people.  Some say it's common practice. No it is not. I haven't seen it in WOW, AoC, or LOTRO. You just bought the game, stamped in your code, you got your game time and no credit card number, paypal or prepaid cards were needed.

They say they would not bill you until the 30 days are over.

Well lets just ignore the fact that people posted they were billed immediatelly, for the moment, but if this is true why the heck do they need the card number in advance? They do not need it and they will not get it, period. I liked the game even if it's very wowlike, I liked it despite the bugs everywhere but no I'm not going to let them manipulate me like that. If they get used to the fact that people will sheep away and do what they want, well good for them and damn bad for us.

I'm really really sorry that I bought the game and if I could get my money back I'd go for it immediatelly. Very disapointed.

WoW is not free to play plus when it launched back in 2004-5 there was no free trial yet eather.

But with WoW and many others mmo's you buy the game put in your info and payment method there was no need for creditcard info just info gamecard for example and you could play after month they let you deside if you wanne play further or not.

So billed and charge is not true at all and insulting people is not nice btw eather.

*stares patiently*

https://us.battle.net/account/creation/wow/signup/;jsessionid=D55813DA47E78E60C7B09C7C47E40E53.blade34_01_bnet-mgmt

1. Yes, WoW is free to play. God alone knows how you missed it being free until level 20 with all the internet ads they have trumpeting that fact.

2. Anything that says "active subscription required to play" is going to require you to sign up for a subscription plan before you get access to the 30 included days. This was the case when I bought WoW a long time ago, when I bought EVE, when I bought FFXI, when I bought WAR...

3. And as for "put in your info"... That is exactly what they are doing. The only charge is a $1 verification charge that doesn't stay on your account. Anyone who has ever done any online purchases should be familiar with this.

I did not know WoW was free i dont realy follow that kind of games sorry for misunstanding hehe.

But i think the difference is that here in europe different rules apply becouse majority here in europe don't have or use creditcards and i know many use gamecards-paypal or bank number here as i see them always in gameshops here those gamecards. With WoW and Darkfall we did not have this kind of rules we jsut had one month and after month finished we needed to active or it auto stopped.

Btw if i play 60 bucks i dont need anything to fill in just enter code of the game and play fuke them bastards there already filthy rich.

Lol.. what?

Not sure if that's true for your country, but it's NOT true for ANY of the Scandinavian / Nordic contries, where you will have a hard time finding any adult without at least one credit card.

Btw, wow is NOT free. Free access to a very small part of the game (up to lvl 20), isn't enough to call wow f2p.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

WoW free to play hahaha so boring. and anyway its clearly saying on the website that its a (TRIAL ACCOUNT SYSTEM )

The full restrictions are:

- A level cap of 20.

– A maximum of 10 gold.

– Trade skills are capped at 100 ranks.

– Unable to trade via the Auction House, mailbox, or player-to-player.

– In-game access to public chat channels unavailable. Players are limited to communicating using only say, party, or whisper.

– Characters will be unable to create or join guilds.

– Characters are not able to send whispers to other characters unless they have been added to the characters’ friends lists or have received a whisper from a character first.

– Characters will not be able to invite other players into a party.

– Characters will not be able to join parties with other characters above level 20.

– Voice chat disabled on Starter Edition accounts.

– Realms experiencing login queues will prioritize players who have full, paid accounts.

– Starter Edition accounts are not eligible for character transfers

– RealID features are disabled on all Starter Edition Accounts.

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• face30face30 Member UncommonPosts: 193

This whole thread gets rehashed every single MMO released, just read the box. End of story.

• howardbhowardb Member Posts: 286

So far I'd give Bioware the title of the scammer of the year.

Cool story bro. We have all been in your situation trying out our very first mmo sometime..

• InFaVillaInFaVilla Member Posts: 592

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Mundus

Yep, pretty much. Your argument isn't exactly a prime example of the scientific method either. ;)

It isn't? My argument is logically sound, I am not getting lost in baseless assumptions...

Short memory, huh?

Originally posted by Mundus

Fact is that a great many people seem to have had problems with it.

W/e...

No one is telling you that your desires are wrong. There is no 'right' nor 'wrong'. The point of discussion about CC information being required for account validation is that people like OP base their judgement on false information and lacking the understanding of the process.

You do not have to like how it is setup, no one will have an issue with that, but you have to understand it at least. It is indeed common practice for business requiring purchase fee. I already offered fairly elaborated explanation why it is done the way it is. Feel free to look up my post history or just scroll up.

Setting up payment method for activation is no scam, nor senseless request. Counter-intuitive? Inconvenient? Maybe. However the practice proves that people do accept it as something not of a big deal if an issue at all.

On the contrary, numbers do matter here as it is numbers that justify changes.

Standard business practice for online services is CC payments and EA is no different. They clearly state that valid CC is required to play the game and if you are still offended by request for CC information, I wonder why you venture into on-line services in the first place...

You claim that your previous argument  was "logically sound", yet you move on to claim that "There is no 'right' nor 'wrong' ", which is not an automatic logical result of your previous statements. Whether or not something is "right" or "wrong"  depends on which philosophical paradigm you set as axiom; you didn't set any.

If you want to be "logically sound", then first clearly present your axioms, then draw conclusions that can strictly be derived from your axioms, using logical rules, without any need for a priori nonwritten information.  Until you do that, refrain from using expressions such as  " My argument is logically sound,".

Originally posted by InFaVilla

Whether or not something is "right" or "wrong"  depends on which philosophical paradigm you set as axiom; you didn't set any.

If philosophy could ever produce logically sound argument, you could make a point...

Your lack of critical thinking hurts my eyes.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

nothing to see on this tread move along!he expected a f2p game!as for ccing the server ,nothing to it ,aion had to do worst they had to balance faction because dumb people wanted to be 20000 x faction and that left only 2 spot for the other faction!so aion corrected this fast and put a system in place to balance faction you know what ?best system ever put!there was 1/3 of server still avail last night so pick a lower population server!come on guys complain for good reason not for childish reason.never played an ea title here and so far i love my sw experience way better then swg,never reached level 5 in swg even tho i was on free trial!

• InFaVillaInFaVilla Member Posts: 592

Whether or not something is "right" or "wrong"  depends on which philosophical paradigm you set as axiom; you didn't set any.

If philosophy could ever produce logically sound argument, you could make a point...

Your lack of critical thinking hurts my eyes.

It is simple:

Let's set philosophy Y as axiom  and Y states that statement λ‎ is "right" if and only if it fulfills condition S, otherwise λ‎  is "wrong".

Then we behold statements A and B. We notice that A fulfills condition S but  B doesn't . This logically leads to the conclusion that A is "right" while B is "wrong".  

It is simple:
    Let's set philosophy Y as axiom  and Y states that statement ?? is "right" if and only if it fulfills condition S, otherwise ??  is "wrong".
    Then we behold statements A and B. We notice that A fulfills condition S but  B doesn't . This logically leads to the conclusion that A is "right" while B is "wrong".  

That makes the argument valid, not sound.

I am done with derailing the thread, I am not going to give lessons on formal logic/philosophy.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Originally posted by Ashlinde

standard for all pay to play MMOs. when you put in your product code, they make you set up a sub plan with a paid time card or a CC. dont even try to lie and say they dont, i have played dozens of MMOs in the last 12 or so years that have.

I think SWG and WOW did when they first launched, but not recently. In SWG I got several extra accounts from Steam and Direct2Drive, and was given a registration code where just entering it gives 30 days game time, no CC required. Last year I bought WOW with Burning Crusade for £5, I just entered in the WOW registartion code, and got 30 days game time, and no CC details entered at all. Which is a good thing, as a few months after account expired it got hacked, and got used by a credit spammer person, and immediatyely shut down until resolved. If I had payment details in it, I could have ended up being financially ruined.

Before this year, I had no problems inputting payment details, but now I am more cautious, after that WOW incident and with all the hacking to these companies from SOE to recently Trion Worlds/Rift, and I am only going the time card route. I have bought and paid for 2 60 day time cards for SWTOR, and I am waiting for them to come in the post, and no doubt held up by the christmas rush. I did not mind them taking time to arrive, as thought I had the 30 days from the registration code,  but not now.  Fortunately I did not get around to registering SWTOR, so will now have to wait for timecards to show up, before able to carry on playing.

I do not mind giving EA/LA/Bioware money ahead, or inputting a timecard now for another 2 months, but I just do not want hackers getting payment details, and so quite prepared to wait. Bioware and LA and EA are the ones missing out more, as the sooner I get in game the sooner I wll need to buy more Time cards.

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

It is simple:

Let's set philosophy Y as axiom  and Y states that statement ?? is "right" if and only if it fulfills condition S, otherwise ??  is "wrong".

That makes the argument valid, not sound.

I am done with derailing the thread, I am not going to give lessons on formal logic/philosophy.

EA is hiring philosophers to discuss on the forums, we are screwed.

Originally posted by Metentso

EA is hiring philosophers to discuss on the forums, we are screwed.

I seriously doubt InFaVilla is hired, especially by EA...

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Originally posted by digicaf

So far I'd give Bioware the title of the scammer of the year. First the artifical queues at servers to make people spread evenly, then the "servers overloaded" excuse to stop people posting on their forums - but the "pay us to get what you already paid for" is really the best.

I don't get it people.  Some say it's common practice. No it is not. I haven't seen it in WOW, AoC, or LOTRO. You just bought the game, stamped in your code, you got your game time and no credit card number, paypal or prepaid cards were needed.

Well lets just ignore the fact that people posted they were billed immediatelly, for the moment, but if this is true why the heck do they need the card number in advance? They do not need it and they will not get it, period. I liked the game even if it's very wowlike, I liked it despite the bugs everywhere but no I'm not going to let them manipulate me like that. If they get used to the fact that people will sheep away and do what they want, well good for them and damn bad for us.

I'm really really sorry that I bought the game and if I could get my money back I'd go for it immediatelly. Very disapointed.

This is standard procedure for any pay to play mmo. Go get your money back (because you can). [mod edit]

Exactly, can not remember any game in last years being sub based. And honestly, I will not mis above author in game.

Originally posted by daltanious

Originally posted by digicaf

This is standard procedure for any pay to play mmo. Go get your money back (because you can). [mod edit]

Exactly, can not remember any game in last years being sub based. And honestly, I will not mis above author in game.

I would not say it is standard procedure, epsecially the way they have done it with SWTOR - Take the registration key, and then after Eary Access and the grace period is over, the lock you out and 30 days still ticks down. The whole point of allowing time cards is because you do not need to use a credit card. If you want to use time cards then you have to go out and buy one so you can use the 30 days that come with the game, and once that is done, then that is 90 days solid play time you have to stick to.

You should only need to add payment details or a time card once the first 30 days is up, and that is what has been the case in every MMO I have tried over the past recent years. Even in WOW last year I inputed the code that came with the game and was able to play for a month without putting in payment options

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Read what the definition of a subscription is and then come back. Thanks.

• KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

WoW is not free to play plus when it launched back in 2004-5 there was no free trial yet eather.

Sorry but that is completely false. WoW came with free 30-days of playtime. I would know since I have started from day-1.

Unless of course by free trial you mean something like current "free trial levels 1-20" ?

Originally posted by Talin

Read what the definition of a subscription is and then come back. Thanks.

I do understand subscription, and have bought 2 60 days tjmecards already when they were open for preorder before 15tth Dec, and before even realising that you need them, but they have not been delivered yet. I can not play SWTOR until they turn up, but the game already has 30 days with it, so should have had up until 20th Jan for the timecards to arrive. Entering the registration code, should be good enough and act as entering a 30 day time card as well into the subscription field of your account

The game comes with a subscription, so one is not needed before it runs out. Also they allow time cards too, so therefore asking for a subscription / payment method is not needed when using these

They say they need payment method to prevent fraud, but if you are going to be buying timecards, and can not get hold of them, and the 30 days are counting down, then that is fraud in itself from Bioware

• beeker255beeker255 Member UncommonPosts: 351

Originally posted by moosecatlol

I believe the issue is that he was billed immediately, rather than after the 30 days of game time included with purchase.

Even the lot of you religious fanatics have to see something wrong with this situation.

Yes if this was the case but I actually read the thread and he said he would not be entering his cc  info. He did mention that he had read somewhere someone had been billed . This has nothing to do with fanboi or anything like that its the fact that most MMO veterans and most people that have played MMO's realise this is a common practice. If this is his first MMO  then he has had it explained to him several times how MMO companies operate and that he won't be billed till after his 30 days are up. Instead he has hoped upon a great travesty soapbox to call this the "scam of the year".