Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW:TOR | Should i Buy or Just Keep My Money

2»

Comments

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

If you're relatively new to MMOs and like the style of questing and straight progressing of your character, this is probably the best choice on the market right now.

If you already played a number of MMOs in recent years and are beginning to get bored by this design, you might want to skip it.

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310

Originally posted by Fext

Originally posted by nachofoot

Keep your money for now at least.  If they improve the game, then buy it.

Reasoning:  $60 is just not worth a first month of gameplay.

Well you will not really get the first month, anyway... they will let you have it after you give them your cc or buy and use an prepaid card.

This is such an utterly trivial issue it boggles the mind. You do get the first month,

1. Set up subscription plan.

2. Cancel subscription 1 minute later.

3. Play.

• FextFext Member Posts: 34

It said "Valid credit card or game time card required to play game" on the front of the box. You can hardly say they stole your money when it explicitely said it wasn't possible to play without one of those.

Oh, you again.

Yes, they would have my cc or prepaid card, after they gave me the 30 days I paid for. But I said this already on the threads discussing this issue.

If I buy a prepaid card I expect to have the time I bought right after entering the code without some additional conditions surfacing after I played for a day or so. And I just consider the time going with the game an included prepaid card.

So please accept it as my opinion, OK? If you want EA to treat you like they do, your choice, I just call it a thievery. I paid and they did not deliver, I do not care about some further demans they might come with later and which are totally unbased.

They do not need my credit card, not until they need to be paid, correct? So I'm not giving it to them.

And yes I expect they will not deliver so I'm done with the game, sad but true. If they reopen my account with proper apologies I will indeed play and if I still feel like playing after the 30 days I might give him my cc number or buy a prep card but I'm not doing it now. Period. :)

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310

It said "Valid credit card or game time card required to play game" on the front of the box. You can hardly say they stole your money when it explicitely said it wasn't possible to play without one of those.

Oh, you again.

Yes, they would have my cc or prepaid card, after they gave me the 30 days I paid for. But I said this already on the threads discussing this issue.

If I buy a prepaid card I expect to have the time I bought right after entering the code without some additional conditions surfacing after I played for a day or so. And I just consider the time going with the game an included prepaid card.

So please accept it as my opinion, OK? If you want EA to treat you like they do, your choice, I just call it a thievery. I paid and they did not deliver, I do not care about some further demans they might come with later and which are totally unbased.

They do not need my credit card, not until they need to be paid, correct? So I'm not giving it to them.

And yes I expect they will not deliver so I'm done with the game, sad but true. If they reopen my account with proper apologies I will indeed play and if I still feel like playing after the 30 days I might give him my cc number or buy a prep card but I'm not doing it now. Period. :)

They did deliver. Everyone knew that a credit card or time card was required to play the game. It was stated everywhere, repeatedly. The fact that you changed your mind about being cool with that is not EA's fault.

Originally posted by Uronksur

3. Play.

OK, I'm not doing that simply because I do not want to. And I believe I should not need to. 

Enjoy the BW game and EA customer service you obviously like, and have fun. I'm not going to accept the EA customer service, so no BW game for me and I will have fun elsewhere, easy as that. 

Pity I lost my money I might have spend on other fun but it will not kill me anyway, it just feel wrong.

They did deliver. Everyone knew that a credit card or time card was required to play the game. It was stated everywhere, repeatedly. The fact that you changed your mind about being cool with that is not EA's fault.

Absolutely not, you are just mixing two things together. 

I'm wondering if it's deliberate or not. I'm also surprised about your motivation, do you work for EA or what? So why do you mind I just expect they will behave the same way I'm used from other MMOs? :)

But since you are obviously interested in this issue, can you answer one question?

For what reason they need my cc or timecard if I already paid for 30 days? And the answer "because they want to", or "because I've seen others who did it" is not the right answer.

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298

I rarely encounter this cause i normally set up my CC as soon as i get the game if not before, but it does seem odd that you can't use your free 30 days without first creating and active account.  I would have assumed that the free 30 days was essentially a 30day time card that is already credited to any new account.  I can understand people frustration on this.  It seems like an unnecessary step that directly hurts the consumer.

yes it's not hard to set up your cc then cancel, but what about people that don't have a cc.  Those people will be forced to purchase a time card to play the game.  It just seems a little underhanded is all since the idea is what's best for the publisher, and not what's best for the consumer.

Back in the day the first 30 days were a free trial period, and no cc or time card was needed.  Essentially it let you purchase the game, and form and opinion of wether you were going to commit to a subscription after 30 days of play.  Today they expect you to commit to subscription before you play, and then cancel if you don't like it.  I don't know why they changed it, but it just seems like bad business to me.

• KokushibyouKokushibyou Member UncommonPosts: 230

3. Play.

OK, I'm not doing that simply because I do not want to. And I believe I should not need to. 

Enjoy the BW game and EA customer service you obviously like, and have fun. I'm not going to accept the EA customer service, so no BW game for me and I will have fun elsewhere, easy as that. 

Pity I lost my money I might have spend on other fun but it will not kill me anyway, it just feel wrong.

You keep complaining as if this is something only EA or Bioware does; it's not.  This has been the standard for all P2P MMOs since the days of Meridian59, Everquest, and Ultima Online.  The only MMOs I have ever played that don't do this are the newer F2P and B2P models.

You seem to just be a troll; hopefully, MMORPG will put an end to your postings soon.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

Originally posted by Kokushibyou

3. Play.

You keep complaining as if this is something only EA or Bioware does; it's not.  This has been the standard for all P2P MMOs since the days of Meridian59, Everquest, and Ultima Online.  The only MMOs I have ever played that don't do this are the newer F2P and B2P models.

You seem to just be a troll; hopefully, MMORPG will put an end to your postings soon.

Some MMO Publishers / Providers require CC info as soon as subscription account is created, Others wait until first billing to ask for info. Some Players may not have seen this before. Just a matter of getting used to how EA BioWare wants to do things.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

if you are a star wars fan you will subscribe. if you are an mmo fan well u might subscribe.

ima cancel my subscription if i ever feel the need to stop playing. at the moment i feel the replay value is great. my gunslinger is 31 and il lvl up a saber wielder next. but it is full of action, love (oh yes definatly has love in it ;)  )   plenty of story.

world bosses for both factions so getting ganked while taking a boss on in the other factions area is possible. ganks are highly likely. rift lasted a week with me, but was just a big 'siiiigh'. playing multi mmo beta's trying to find that new game i think i found my home in the galaxy for now. still early days though so it can either get better from here or go SWG and get abolished.

Originally posted by Gardavsshade

Just a matter of getting used to how EA BioWare wants to do things.

Exactly. Something I'm not doing. In fact it's them who need to get used to how customers want to do things.

Namely if they try to sell a nice single player game with some boring multiplayer content and a lot of bugs in it as a MMO and want to see it live.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Combat and movement animations are pretty weak in my opinion, if you play plenty of mmo's you'll notice that the animations might be the weakest point of the game, right next to pvp. The pvp is just silly to me, Huttball might be the only pvp that makes sense, it's as if you're participating in a blood sport.

The Alderaan Civil War is just silly, rather than fight your enemy directly, you must take control(Instead of disabling) the planetary defenses and use them against the enemy ship... because cruisers back in the day didn't have guns, IT WAS AGAINST THE LAW!

Trouble is, you can't even blame that on a Wizard.

And yes you're billed immediately (According to the threads made about the situation yesterday)

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm?post=4639012&val=1&uh=D054EC0CF57ACA46985C1E69435BE22B#4639012

Essentially I understand what he is saying, and yet because this method is so culturally accepted, he is deemed to be an idiot by other SWTOR zealots for ever thinking otherwise.