Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much memory do you have.

CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

How much RAM does your machine have?

Are you happy with the amount or do you need  / want more?

(if you need to check, click start > right click "computer"  > properties, and look at "installed memory")

Comments

• BoozieTreatBoozieTreat Member Posts: 11

Interesting. I'm getting a new computer for christmas and it's going to have 10GB RAM. Along with everything else I can't imagine what I would ever need 16GB+ RAM for. Personally I think I'm going overkill with the 10GB but hey at least it will last awhile. =P

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Yeah, I thought about adding more options for the people with 6GB or 10GB but it would become a big list pretty fast.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I have 8gb and dont come close to using it for what I do. Mainly gaming on my PC.

IMO 6gb is plenty for what the average person/gamer will use.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I see two as acceptable minimum today with XP and four with Vista or Seven.  Even some of the free to play games which tend to be hardware friendly don't like running on XP with a gig.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • viletotoviletoto Member Posts: 22

12gb here , plenty for me, never considered going for more...maybe in the future when I upgrade.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by BoozieTreat

Interesting. I'm getting a new computer for christmas and it's going to have 10GB RAM. Along with everything else I can't imagine what I would ever need 16GB+ RAM for. Personally I think I'm going overkill with the 10GB but hey at least it will last awhile. =P

My Christmas PC arrived today. Just got done setting it up in fact. I have 12 gigs. Like you say, its probly overkill but it cant hurt.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by BoozieTreat

Think many VMs running and software dev. :D

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• CatamountCatamount Member Posts: 773

This survey shows exactly what it should, especially on a game sight. Most users are using 4-8GB. 4GB is more than enough, but 8GB kits are so cheap, there's no reason not to get them for new machines.