Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Least Favorite Class/Race (2 Polls)

cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

It's very cool to see that there's a pretty good balance among all the favorite/main classes and races.  I'm curious whether there's any standouts for least favorite.  I wasn't sure about having an option for none, but thought it would be a worthwhile inclusion.  I also want to say I'm sorry to people who would have liked to express their displeasure toward muffins.

Feel free to say why you don't like a class/race in a reply.

Also feel free to interpret this like "least anticipated" or "least likely to play" or however else you need to in order to feel comfortable enough answering the polls.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

Comments

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I haven't played any yet :/

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

After playing in PAX and participating in the PVP, I can only say my least atincipated is Elementalist and Sylvarii, yet I'm still going to make a Sylvarii any way.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

i dont like classes that use Bombs, and explosives as their main weaps. Kinda cheesy and doesnt fit the fantasy mmo feel.. No one carries 200 Nades 200 sticks of dynomite and has the parts to build turrets.

If im going to play a fantasy game i wanna shoot fire from my fingers, or slice you open with a great axe. guess im old school

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

None of the classes disinterest me (I will be playing all of them), but I'm not... a fan of the asura, asthetically speaking. I love their personalitity, and Rata Sum is absolutely stunning, but they just kinda creep me out. My Sylvari will probably make her home in Rata Sum however...

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Not really interested in Elementalist and Guardian (chose Elementalist in poll). It is possible that they play in an interesting way, but Im more drawn to the other professions, so I doubt that Ill ever get to try these two. And for race I chose Sylvari as least interesting. Its the leaves :) Leafy armour, leafy toons. Do they become leafless during fall, btw? :p

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Engineer / Sylvari are my least interested.  I find Engineer sort of out of place in fantasy.  Sylvari just feel awkward and unrelatable to me.  Not really sure why.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

norn and engineer

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Guardian and Charr.

Not too into melee and even less into a "support version" of melee - ish (I know they - and warriors - can both use ranged weapons but they're both mostly melee oriented).

I'm also not really into cats or cat people....I found the Charr kind of boring in EotN also.

However, I will have no objections to fighting alongside a Charr Guardian!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Picked engineer as my least favorite(no specifics, just my least fav of em all) and Charr as my least favorite Race . They already have the norm who turn into big beasties, why do the need another one that is always big beastie?

Just my opinion of course ^_^ Never played GW1 either, so maybe the charr has a big place here that i dont see.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Personally, I chose Thief as least interesting.  Even though they said in the Reddit Q&A that it's perfectly viable to make a support thief, especially with traits, I just am not seeing the kind of support I want to play in their skill choices.  I put Guardian as my favorite.  Really nothing wrong with Thief, just looking for something else right now I guess.

I also am not excited about Ranger for whatever reason, which is odd for me because I love pet classes.  My main in WoW when I quit was a Hunter (had also played Warlock and Shaman), so maybe that's it.  Then again, I do love going around with a Black Moa as a ranger secondary in GW1, so I'm sure as soon as I see a cool pet in GW2 I'll come around.

My least favorite race in GW2 are the Norn.  Nothing about their philosophy speaks to me.  Their biography question about what happened at the celebratory moot just bugs me.  There's no answer I even want to give to that.  I'm sure I'll make one, but they'll definitely be the last.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by WellzyC

i dont like classes that use Bombs, and explosives as their main weaps. Kinda cheesy and doesnt fit the fantasy mmo feel.. No one carries 200 Nades 200 sticks of dynomite and has the parts to build turrets.
    If im going to play a fantasy game i wanna shoot fire from my fingers, or slice you open with a great axe. guess im old school

Huh? So DnD didn't have tech? That's what it seem like you are saying. Hey if I were to take what you say as fact, than DnD also didn't have robots to. Right?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I don't actually dislike ANY of the classes - in fact I think they're all amazing.

The species, I'm kind of MEH on NORN because basically, they're just bigger people and I'd honestly rather have dwarves (but I know according to GW lore we can't) and the little cute creatures feel really out of place too, Asura.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Anybody that voted Engineer, is a loser!

Thief is the lamest class in the game. Oh wow I can stealth and steal creatures weapons and stuff.. So cool /facepalm

the Asura is my least favorite, but that's only up against the others. The plant race is second and close tho.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • maxiime223maxiime223 Member Posts: 94

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Engineer / Sylvari are my least interested.  I find Engineer sort of out of place in fantasy.  Sylvari just feel awkward and unrelatable to me.  Not really sure why.

I think the same way.

• maxiime223maxiime223 Member Posts: 94

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Anybody that voted Engineer, is a loser! Thief is the lamest class in the game. Oh wow I can stealth and steal creatures weapons and stuff.. So cool /facepalm

the Asura is my least favorite, but that's only up against the others. The plant race is second and close tho.

those are personnal opinions you know....

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

i guess i could say that i'm least looking forward to the ele and warrior, but that's just because they seem fairly standard (though my first x characters will be warriors because hitting things with axes never gets old). and humans. humans are just... well, humans. nothing interesting there though again, i will probably have some human chars. i'm just not looking forward to them. i still like the humans of guild wars.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Engineer - because it doesnt really fit the setting (yes I know, technology has advanced blah blah blah, but I prefer to keep magic and machinery seperate in my fiction).

Human - because I never play as one if I have the choice of something else. Unless the only other choice is a disgusting elf.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by DeaconX

I don't actually dislike ANY of the classes - in fact I think they're all amazing.

The species, I'm kind of MEH on NORN because basically, they're just bigger people and I'd honestly rather have dwarves (but I know according to GW lore we can't) and the little cute creatures feel really out of place too, Asura.

Well, they are more like a Barbarian race who can shapeshift into Werebeasts. Still more interesting than humans.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

If by hate the most, you mean the class I plan on playing last but still play nonetheless, I would vote Necromancer.  Likewise, the 5th race I will play will be a Norn, probably a warrior or ranger.  

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

I dunno. I'd probably go with Warrior and Asura. They are still cool, but warriors have never really excited me that much in any game. They were cooler and more fun in GW1, but still not the best.

Asura, I guess are cute? But I've never been a huge fan of playing cute. Still, the race's lore and such are as interesting and well done as the other races.

I think they are all great.

Certainly making a norn or human guardian first, I expect.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

lol I ended up voting with the most popular options. I understand the necessity of an Engineer, and I do actually like them, I just have zero desire to play them. To be fair, I'm more of a traditional magic-user type, so while I'll enjoy seeing them running around doing their thing, I'd rather play something else myself. Sort of like how I think Zangief is a cool character even though I'd never play him.

And as much as I hate to say it, the Asura irk the shit out of me. They're like bald furbies with superiority complexes. Everytime I see one of their football heads I just want to punt them across the screen.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• KonyakKonyak Member Posts: 156

Norn and the Necromancer.

• HeadBytorHeadBytor Member UncommonPosts: 93

elementalist, i've never been a direct damage kind of guy. I'm more into the sneaky and support roles, so i know ill play a guardian, mesmer and theif. 

The I'm pretty satisfied with the races, but the one I'm most excited about is the Charr. can't wait to play as one. humans have always been too boring, but  i still like them.