Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Never played a single minute of the NGE

Comments

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Originally posted by TUX426

Originally posted by superniceguy

The contract ends sometime in 2012. Whatever date that is no one knows, but it was not on Dec 31st 2011. Where does it say it ends in 9 days and states an exact date? They only say it ends in 2012, and I do not believe it is Jan 1st. More like June. EA bought out the remaining 6 months contract so SOE would be forced to shut down SWG, and then be able to launch SWTOR. SWTOR would have been able to launch in Sep, if there was not this contract.

Smedley never said it was his decision, they said it was a mutual decision between SOE and LA

Your theories make no sense whatsoever, and make SOE look like the best and super awesome company to ever exist, if I speak sheer lunacy

My eyes are open, yours are full of SOE hate, and are making stuff up to suit your own needs, to the point that even makes SOE look good. My theories all make sense, and all the pieces fall together perfectly

I assume you have some form of proof to support your first claim?

No. Of course you don't - because it's purely wishful thinking on your part based on your mad SWG love, not facts and certainly not common sense.

Let's take a look at YOUR theories and see how much sense they really make:

You claim:

1. SOE was forced to close SWG down by LA, EA or Bioware

2. 2 Star Wars MMOs can't co-exist

3. EA/Bioware bought out the remainder of the license

4. SWTOR COULD have launched in September, but delayed it because SWG wasn't closed yet

vs. Facts:

1. SOE didn't even TRY to renegotiate the license - SOE gave up

2. Wrong. 3 did last week, 2 do now. Clone Wars Adventures is a SOE Star Wars MMO STILL running

3. If they did, link your proof. That's NEVER been stated.

4. This is the big one...seriously?!

• LOL! Dude...EA/Bioware have a MASSIVE hit on their hands. 1.5 MILLION pre-orders in early access. My pre-launch guess was 2mil subs the 1st month, but now, I'm guessing it will be closer to double that, but let's be really conservative and assume 2 million for this - 2 million x $70 (average price per game) = $140 Miliion, 2 million x $15 (monthly sub) = 30 million per month...you are suggesting that SWG, a game making at MOST 75,000 a month (5000x$15) held up a game that will pull in 30 MILLION per month. Even YOU have to see the stupidity in that theory.

Listen mate - SWG is dead. It's good for Lucas Arts AND SOE to rid itself of the cancer. SWG has been the laughing stock of the MMO community for ages now and it did NEITHER company any good to keep the facade going. SWG was a game DESTROYED by SOE and it'll be a lesson taught in business classes for decades to come. SOE's greed with SWG and W0W envy cost them MILLIONS of players and profits.

Since you want to debate fiction so much, lemme toss in MY theory on how Bioware/EA medled with SWG.

MY theory is the opposite of yours. I believe, if ANYTHING, Bioware/EA and possibly LA paid SOE to keep SWG running until SWTORs release - reason being, they didn't want loyal Star Wars fans finding a new game like W0W. The development staff of SWG reflected (2-3 Devs for the past 4 years) NO desire to expand and improve the game, only a desire to "sustain" it - probably meeting some minimum number of employees as required by a contract. EVERY top developer was pulled from SWG to go work on DCUO. The "developers" for SWG were a former QA intern and an old programmer who never ran anything. Don't get me wrong - with 2 people, they did well...but they demonstrate the lack of ANY commitment to the game that SOE had. SOE CLEARLY didn't give a f'k about SWG.

So...if you wanna draw any conclusions from the date of SWTORs launch and SWGs demise, thank Bioware, LA or EA for keeping SWG alive until SWTOR launched - don't blame them for SOEs massive failure.

If SOE did not care about SWG, they had no reason whatsoever to carry on working with it, but they did, right until the end

More evidence just in - SWTOR / Bioware forum mods lock and speak the same as SOE forum mods = The mods are given a script by LA

If SOE had full control and were not under strings by LA, SWG could have been so much better, now time to watch Bioware fall the same way ....

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

If SOE did not care about SWG, they had no reason whatsoever to carry on working with it, but they did, right until the end

More evidence just in - SWTOR / Bioware forum mods lock and speak the same as SOE forum mods = The mods are given a script by LA

If SOE had full control and were not under strings by LA, SWG could have been so much better, now time to watch Bioware fall the same way ....

Why bother quoting me if you didn't have the ability to debate anything I said? It's obvious you didn't even read my post too lol.

Listen, just go on thinking SOE is a fantastic company. Please, go off and pay them every cent you can to support their valiant efforts. Buy DLC, pay a sub, buy extra accounts, pay for others accounts, buy a station pass, buy lifetime subs. It's clear that NO amount of facts or proof will ever sway you from loving SOE - you're their ideal type of customer and you love them. It's a perfect match.

Why bother quoting me if you didn't have the ability to debate anything I said? It's obvious you didn't even read my post too lol.

Listen, just go on thinking SOE is a fantastic company. Please, go off and pay them every cent you can to support their valiant efforts. Buy DLC, pay a sub, buy extra accounts, pay for others accounts, buy a station pass, buy lifetime subs. It's clear that NO amount of facts or proof will ever sway you from loving SOE - you're their ideal type of customer and you love them. It's a perfect match.

Yeah I did, you said SOE do not care, and I responded they did and why, what else is in there to debate that has not already been said?

I do not think SOE is a fantastic company, you do by the seems of it, from all your theories. I just know how they operate now, and can deal with them accordingly - Better the devil you know!

I do not think SOE is a fantastic company, you do by the seems of it, from all your theories. I just know how they operate now, and can deal with them accordingly - Better the devil you know!

Yup! You got em figured out. You just go enjoy playing your SOE games in bliss :)

Honestly - show your support for them this season by opening more accounts. I think that would be awesome on your part.

And no. I despise SOE. But I FULLY defend your right to like them. I support you in your enjoyment of them too and hope you support them financially as much as you can.

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Awww. I see Buffy_bites made his way to the MMORPG forums to spread more of his bs lol. This is going to be fun.

Yup! You got em figured out. You just go enjoy playing your SOE games in bliss :)

Honestly - show your support for them this season by opening more accounts. I think that would be awesome on your part.

And no. I despise SOE. But I FULLY defend your right to like them. I support you in your enjoyment of them too and hope you support them financially as much as you can.

I am not opening more accounts in SOE, I only did that in SWG due to the 1 or 2 (or 3 with Jedi) slots per account per server, which was a restriction set in by LA. If SOE had their way they would have given more, and more again with SOE All Access.

I can not play SWTOR now as I am waiting for the time cards to arrive in the post, no doubt held up by the christmas rush. Releasing a MMO as late as Dec 20th is not a good idea at all. It is a good job I never applied the game registartion to the account, as the 30 days would be ticking down.

This is in the dark ages, there was a time when other MMO companies requested payment details on entering game registration code, but not any more. Even SWGs of lately just needed to enter the serial code, and you got 30 days without entering card details. I have no payment details set up in WOW either from when that launched, but could have removed them by now as it expired, but I have always been able to play on periodic free game time without the need to enter new payment details, and actually I created a new WOW account last year and I did not need to enter payment details, which was a good thing, as the account got hacked, From that and with SOE being hacked, and others getting hacked too including Bioware afterwards, applying payment details is not safe any more, hence I am using time cards now. At least SOE did a thorough investigation of the hacking and called in the FBI. All others just shrugged it off and carried on as normal. - That is LA for you.

I do get the feeling you like SOE and Smedley as you like to quote him, and believe every word he says, excactly how it comes out. He says the contract ends in 2012, but that could be any time, and if it was really June 2012 then people would wonder why it is ending so soon, but by saying in 2012, it would be any time from Jan to June, but you mistakingly just accept it for January.

Originally posted by ericlatrelle

Awww. I see Buffy_bites made his way to the MMORPG forums to spread more of his bs lol. This is going to be fun.

Buffy_bites where? He does not like these forums as too many people bash on SWG for his liking, and not much support.

If you think I am Buffty, then no. We are friend and just discuss and agree on the same things, and most of our so called "BS" as you put it is taken from what Tiars, 0nyx and other respectable SWG players have had to say, which all makes sense.

Now SWG is shut down I now have time to keep posting about SWG, wheres before last week I was too busy playing SWG to bother.

• JarazarJarazar Member Posts: 231

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

(and somwewhat proud of it)

who else didn't touched that POS $OE thought at us that was NGE ?

I am a pure PRE - NGE'r and my respect goes to pure PRE CU 'r  who even didn't touched and resisted even the CU.

That is a shame, you missed out big time. You can not call it a POS if you never played it, and the NGE ended up being awesome in the end. To base an opinion off of others is nothing to do be proud of.

I agree. I actually started playing SWG the week it changed over to the NGE so it was my first experience with SWG. It will always be my favorite MMO. Over the course of the NGE the Dev team made it a really fun game. The crafting, player housing, space content and tons of other stuff made it the best MMO of all time in my opinion. Besides...I have played " The game that shall not be named" and I am not impressed with that grindfest at all.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

I am a pure PRE - NGE'r and my respect goes to pure PRE CU 'r  who even didn't touched and resisted even the CU.

That is a shame, you missed out big time. You can not call it a POS if you never played it, and the NGE ended up being awesome in the end. To base an opinion off of others is nothing to do be proud of.

As for the sig - you never won, as  both SW MMOs could not run side by side, and SWTOR won by default. If SWG stayed active and then bombed with the release of SWTOR and then closed then you would have won, but if SWG did not close I reckon people would have left SWTOR and started playing SWG, killing SWTOR. Most posts I see on the official forums is from people negatively criticising SWTOR, even ones who did not like/play SWG. I do not see people playing SWTOR much after 6 months, if that.

SWTOR will be great and all and give a better experiemnce than SWG, but will be short lived. SWGs systems kept you hooked for eternity. I could never see myself quitting SWG, even after playing it solidly from July 2003. I can not see myself playing SWTOR after a few months

Also SOE is not solely responsible for the NGE, it was LA who are the main culprits, as they were the ones who agreed on it. SW is LAs IP and baby, not SOEs. If SOE solely were responsible, then LA would have sued SOE and/or pulled the SW licence from SOE and SWG would have shut down in 2006 or 2007.

If you avoided SWG NGE then you will need to avoid SWTOR as well.

I played the NGE and it was a POS.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Originally posted by nerovipus32

As for the sig - you never won, as  both SW MMOs could not run side by side, and SWTOR won by default. If SWG stayed active and then bombed with the release of SWTOR and then closed then you would have won, but if SWG did not close I reckon people would have left SWTOR and started playing SWG, killing SWTOR. Most posts I see on the official forums is from people negatively criticising SWTOR, even ones who did not like/play SWG. I do not see people playing SWTOR much after 6 months, if that.

SWTOR will be great and all and give a better experiemnce than SWG, but will be short lived. SWGs systems kept you hooked for eternity. I could never see myself quitting SWG, even after playing it solidly from July 2003. I can not see myself playing SWTOR after a few months

Also SOE is not solely responsible for the NGE, it was LA who are the main culprits, as they were the ones who agreed on it. SW is LAs IP and baby, not SOEs. If SOE solely were responsible, then LA would have sued SOE and/or pulled the SW licence from SOE and SWG would have shut down in 2006 or 2007.

The mass exodus of SWG players since the NGE went live, the closing of half the servers and then the decision to completely close SWG  attest to the epic  fail the NGE was. Sure, there were some players that thought it was great, but they are clearly the minority by far. $OE has more than earned the horrible reputation it has and denial will not change that reality.

Originally posted by Kazara

The mass exodus of SWG players since the NGE went live, the closing of half the servers and then the decision to completely close SWG  attest to the epic  fail the NGE was. Sure, there were some players that thought it was great, but they are clearly the minority by far. $OE has more than earned the horrible reputation it has and denial will not change that reality.

The bad reputaion on SOE should really go to LA, as LA will not let anything bad happend to their SW IP. If anybody does then LA will sue them, and if SOE were responsible for the nonsense then LA would have crushed SOE for it, as that did not happen, then the NGE is on LA.  The crap is already happening in SWTOR now. Hope you do not end up blaming Bioware for it

• GravezGravez Member Posts: 249

The bad reputaion on SOE should really go to LA, as LA will not let anything bad happend to their SW IP. If anybody does then LA will sue them, and if SOE were responsible for the nonsense then LA would have crushed SOE for it, as that did not happen, then the NGE is on LA.  The crap is already happening in SWTOR now. Hope you do not end up blaming Bioware for it

You are the most bat shit crazy person I have ever seen post on these forums, it's amazing how someone can be so far removed from reality.

Originally posted by Gravez

You are the most bat shit crazy person I have ever seen post on these forums, it's amazing how someone can be so far removed from reality.

I am not the only person who thinks like this, and what we say IS reality. Guess the majority of other sensible people like me just have the better sense not to bother with these forums

Bioware and SOE are the Fall Guys, LA are the owners of SW. How hard is that to grasp?

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

I am not the only person who thinks like this, and what we say IS reality. Guess the majority of other sensible people like me just have the better sense not to bother with these forums

Bioware and SOE are the Fall Guys, LA are the owners of SW. How hard is that to grasp?

It would probably be easier to understand if every single person involved with the CUNGE, that have commented on how the NGE came about, have all said it was the folks at SOE that came up with it and worked to convince LEC that it was necessary.  LEC's main amount of guilt was that they didn't say "No" to the boneheaded ideas the folks at SOE came up with.  Flying Ewoks, fairy wings and diapers were the brainchild of the SOE dev team (I believe they were Swede's idea specifically).  The zombie themepark was because former SOE lead producer for SWG, Deadmeat, heard about a Star Wars book that had zombies in it and admmitted he basically begged LEC to allow them to add it in.

The NGE started as an idea to have a trial area for new players, and snowballed into the disaster it was by the SOE dev team comming up with new ideas to 'improve' the game, each more horrible than the last.  The psuedo-FPS combat system was the brainchild of the then SOE lead designer (Dan Rubenfield) who slapped it together in his spare time (much like a number of the additions over the past few years to the game were done in the spare time of certian dev team members, such as the appearance tab and atmospheric flight).

The NGE was SOE's baby.  What LEC should be held responsible for is not killing it in the womb.  Unfortunately, they trusted SOE to know what they were doing, which is always a mistake.

Originally posted by Obee

It would probably be easier to understand if every single person involved with the CUNGE, that have commented on how the NGE came about, have all said it was the folks at SOE that came up with it and worked to convince LEC that it was necessary.  LEC's main amount of guilt was that they didn't say "No" to the boneheaded ideas the folks at SOE came up with.  Flying Ewoks, fairy wings and diapers were the brainchild of the SOE dev team (I believe they were Swede's idea specifically).  The zombie themepark was because former SOE lead producer for SWG, Deadmeat, heard about a Star Wars book that had zombies in it and admmitted he basically begged LEC to allow them to add it in.

The NGE started as an idea to have a trial area for new players, and snowballed into the disaster it was by the SOE dev team comming up with new ideas to 'improve' the game, each more horrible than the last.  The psuedo-FPS combat system was the brainchild of the then SOE lead designer (Dan Rubenfield) who slapped it together in his spare time (much like a number of the additions over the past few years to the game were done in the spare time of certian dev team members, such as the appearance tab and atmospheric flight).

The NGE was SOE's baby.  What LEC should be held responsible for is not killing it in the womb.  Unfortunately, they trusted SOE to know what they were doing, which is always a mistake.

After seeing what SWTOR has to offer I do not blame SOE at all. SOE have nothing to do with SWTOR. SWTOR has 8 classes whereas NGE has 9. SWTOR crafting is nowhere near as good as SWG or even other MMOs, and space is not up to anything and can not see any official response on them making it more open like STO or SWG, and it will just be the fail rail system. Even STO space is better than SWTOR, but I guess bioware focussed on the ground aspect more than space, as the ground system in STO is not awesome.

If SWTOR released with more classes and more customisation, closer to pre-cu than NGE, then SOE being the bad guys would be more valid, but unfortunately game designers these days are going for the NGE/WOW cookiee cutter approach, and on the same track / train of thought as SOE. Now I see no difference between SOE and the other companies, they are all as bad as one another.

I do not have a problem with the fairy wings and stuff, it is not Star Warsy as such, but I could imagine the people living in the Star Wars universe would celebrate events and dress up still, which the Star Wars movies and such does not portray. What does cause the problem is when people dress up in these things when the relevant events are not in season. It is like people in RL dressing up as Father Christmas at Easter - Not appropraiate.

SWG was about living in the Star Wars universe, not about the reliving the epic moments of the movies, and even the fairy wings was appropraite for that.

As for the zombie themepark, that is not SOEs fault either, as it was Lucas who devised the Death Troopers novel, not SOE, and as it was SW canon, then I am glad they did get it into SWG. It is also out in the corner of Dathomir, so can easily be avoided if wanted to.

I did not particularly like the Invasions on Bestine, Dearic, Keren though, as it just interfered with normal everday use, and Bestine being overrun by Rebels did not seem right, as Bestine was Imperial orientated from the start.

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

It was a buggy and uninspired POS! I played all 3 versions. I can state that the NGE took away more than just a few professions and destroyed the original strength of the game, the community. SOE never understood what they had - before twitter, before MySpace, before facebook, there was the social game SWG.

And you're wrong. 2 Star Wars MMOs CAN co-exist and DO co-exist (both licensed too). To state otherwise is ignorant and false.

Question Tux....

Why do you continually neglect to recall that LEC and Nancy McIntyre were in charge of telling SOE what to do to SW:G?

I'm not going to say SOE was blameless in what happened to the game I loved in 2004 and 2005...but to not point the finger at LEC strikes me as slightly amusing.

Do you care to comment why you have consistantly placed all the blame for the NGE on SOE and None on LEC?

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

Originally posted by hipiap

It was a buggy and uninspired POS! I played all 3 versions. I can state that the NGE took away more than just a few professions and destroyed the original strength of the game, the community. SOE never understood what they had - before twitter, before MySpace, before facebook, there was the social game SWG.

And you're wrong. 2 Star Wars MMOs CAN co-exist and DO co-exist (both licensed too). To state otherwise is ignorant and false.

Question Tux....

Why do you continually neglect to recall that LEC and Nancy McIntyre were in charge of telling SOE what to do to SW:G?

I'm not going to say SOE was blameless in what happened to the game I loved in 2004 and 2005...but to not point the finger at LEC strikes me as slightly amusing.

Do you care to comment why you have consistantly placed all the blame for the NGE on SOE and None on LEC?

Because everyone involved with the making the NGE, who have commented on how the NGE came about, have said it was the SOE developers' idea.  Nancy McIntyre was the VP of Marketing at LEC (Julio Torres was LEC's producer for SWG).  She had nothing to do with the development of SWG.  Alan Crosby (Brenlo), the former Director of Global Communications at SOE, was specifically asked on the OBoards if LEC forced the NGE on SOE, his answer was "No".  Jeff Freeman, the former Lead Gameplay Designer at the time of the NGE, posted on this and two other forums about how the NGE came about (his forum name is "Dundee"), explained it was a snowball effect from the idea of making a trial area for new players that could be fit on a disc and included with game magazines (the idea came from EQ2's trial area).

Hell, Helios posted on  (I think it was) the MMOFringe site why creature handlers were removed from the game.  His description of the process was him saying 'Hey Dan!  Pets are getting in the way of targeting!' and the response 'Cut 'em!'.  Dan being Dan Rubenfield, the Lead Designer of SWG at the time, who was the guy who built the psuedo-FPS combat system in his spare time, after which he and Jeff Freeman had to convince "The Man" that they had to change SWG's pre-NGE combat system to the single worst combat system found in any MMO to this day.  He was also the guy who posted an explitative filled rant on his blog that gave a little more info about the origin of the NGE, which was later replaced with a sanitized version that was much less informative.  Mr. rubenfield blames the failure of the NGE on marketing, not the fact that the NGE, until its final death, was an horrible, unfun mess of a game.

Alan Crosby posted on the OBoard that the NGE was concieved, designed, and developed at SOE, after which he expressed his pride to work for a company that was willing to screw over their customers in the manner SOE did.

LEC did not force SOE to do the NGE.  LEC allowed SOE to do the NGE.

Originally posted by Obee

Mr. rubenfield blames the failure of the NGE on marketing, not the fact that the NGE, until its final death, was an horrible, unfun mess of a game.

Alan Crosby posted on the OBoard that the NGE was concieved, designed, and developed at SOE, after which he expressed his pride to work for a company that was willing to screw over their customers in the manner SOE did.

LEC did not force SOE to do the NGE.  LEC allowed SOE to do the NGE.

That is the truth. SWTOR is proof of that. SWTOR is no different in design to the NGE, in fact it is the NGE of the NGE, but SWTOR had more time and money in development and marketing to get right

SOE would not have conceived, designed and developed the NGE if LA did not want something being done to improve sales. It was not their IP to mess with. LA are to blame twice, once for requesting something to be done, and giving SOE a very short time to do it in, and then again for agreeing on the (un)finished product

Compared to what SWTOR has become and the amount of time and money that has gone into that, the NGE is far better in comparison

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

No it wasn't.  I tried the NGE when free trial were offered, it was total gargabe.  More bugs than Pre-CU or CU SWG, linear, empty servers, no economy, no depth, felt generic, really all in all I just felt "DIRTY" logging in even for a free trial.

The NGE is still do date one of the worst MMOs in history, period.  All the clowns that actually PAID to beta test the NGE for SOE and LA should look back and themselves and try to justify spending hours upon hours in such a poorly built and implemented game.  All those hours you can never get back...  LOL

Tecmo Bowl.

Originally posted by Thunderous

No it wasn't.  I tried the NGE when free trial were offered, it was total gargabe.  More bugs than Pre-CU or CU SWG, linear, empty servers, no economy, no depth, felt generic, really all in all I just felt "DIRTY" logging in even for a free trial.

The NGE is still do date one of the worst MMOs in history, period.  All the clowns that actually PAID to beta test the NGE for SOE and LA should look back and themselves and try to justify spending hours upon hours in such a poorly built and implemented game.  All those hours you can never get back...  LOL

Not for me. Before the NGE I invested so much into this game, that I was not going to let it all go to waste, so I saw past all the bugs and whatnot, and just accepted it for what it is, and the game mechanics were extremely addictive. SWG is a great game, if you can ignore the bugs and stuff.

Anyway, it is your opinion, and at least you have the right to call it a POS. The OP claims he has not played even one minute of it.

One persons rubbish is another persons treasures. I cringe and feel dirty playing SWTOR (at least it was just during early access). Shame really as was looking forward to it to a long time, but knowing that SWG got shut down to release SWTOR, due to licences and whatnot and not because SWG was completely dead, and so playing SWTOR felt like I was betraying SWG (but at least it was just early access) and because it is rather similar to the NGE and with less features, but more polished, and it is still not without its bugs

One persons rubbish is another persons treasures. I cringe and feel dirty playing SWTOR (at least it was just during early access). Shame really as was looking forward to it to a long time, but knowing that SWG got shut down to release SWTOR, due to licences and whatnot and not because SWG was completely dead, and so playing SWTOR felt like I was betraying SWG (but at least it was just early access) and because it is rather similar to the NGE and with less features, but more polished, and it is still not without its bugs

First, please stop lying about the license. That's completely false as there are currently TWO Star Wars MMOs running, one by Bioware, the other by SOE still - despite any claim you try to falsely make.

And if that highlighted part is how you feel, I think you've made the right choice. You staying away from SWTOR pleases me on many levels. :)

Pointing out ONE bug, a week after launch, when SWG had launch day bugs the day it closed 8+ years later is a bit silly...but, since you're not playing SWTOR, why should it matter? And...why are you following it so closely?

First, please stop lying about the license. That's completely false as there are currently TWO Star Wars MMOs running, one by Bioware, the other by SOE still - despite any claim you try to falsely make.

And if that highlighted part is how you feel, I think you've made the right choice. You staying away from SWTOR pleases me on many levels. :)

Pointing out ONE bug, a week after launch, when SWG had launch day bugs the day it closed 8+ years later is a bit silly...but, since you're not playing SWTOR, why should it matter? And...why are you following it so closely?

I am not lying about the licence. SWG and SWTOR can not co-exist, forget about CWA, it is not P2P, and is a browser based game and not 10-25GB client, and is no where near any competition for SWTOR. There are plenty reasons why CWA is valid to operate still, plus who knows it may still get shut down before June, as it is not exactly highly populated atm

• gekkothegreygekkothegrey Member Posts: 236

I quit after NGE, but had that game just went F2P with item shop like it should have I would have been back to try it again. To shut this game down without a fight was a crime imo as I still honestly think pre nge this might have been the single best mmorpg ever made. It really was super different, orignal, fun, and ground breaking in many ways for its time.

I am not lying about the licence. SWG and SWTOR can not co-exist, forget about CWA, it is not P2P, and is a browser based game and not 10-25GB client, and is no where near any competition for SWTOR. There are plenty reasons why CWA is valid to operate still, plus who knows it may still get shut down before June, as it is not exactly highly populated atm

If you have PROOF, please link it. I know you won't because it's a made up fantasy of yours to somehow justify the closure of SWG and vilify Lucas Arts rather than placing blame where it should be...on SOE!!!!

P2P or F2P, it makes NO difference! Proof or you're lying. Two DO exist!!! Whether you chose to accept that as a reality isn't my call, but it IS REAL despite every effort you make to pretend it isn't.

If you have PROOF, please link it. I know you won't because it's a made up fantasy of yours to somehow justify the closure of SWG and vilify Lucas Arts rather than placing blame where it should be...on SOE!!!!

P2P or F2P, it makes NO difference! Proof or you're lying. Two DO exist!!! Whether you chose to accept that as a reality isn't my call, but it IS REAL despite every effort you make to pretend it isn't.

Here as said by PEX, and you even knew about it. It does not matter whether you or I consider it to be a MMO, but if they do not categorise it as a MMO, then it is not a MMO and it is quite safe, and even if that is not the case, then the game are so different, there could many other reasons why it is safe. But this argument has gotten really silly indeed, as my point is that SWG and SWTOR can not co-exsit, CWA is irrelevant

If SWG gets shut down on 4 full HEAVY servers, then so should CWA. If CWA does not get shut down, then it was not population levels that shut down SWG.