Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could say I told you so..

Comments

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174

Originally posted by Sorrow

Exactly as I have said for the past few months Bioware and EA have zero experience with MMOS, now we are getting to see just a small part of the incompetance and lack of experience I have been warning about.

The big question now..

Are you still as big a fan now as you have been ? 

Yes, I still like SWTOR and going to continue playing, I just don't like the Red Zoning & todays slap in the face over active accounts

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

I think most people who have played MMO's know that the first month or so after launch there are going to be issues. What im seeing around the web are, imo, new players that had no idea what it was going to be like. While im no fan of the game I dont think BW can be blamed for people not knowing a sub was needed to access the 30 free days. There are other issues I know and again, its launch and anyone thinking it was going to be flawless was either delusional or didnt know what they were letting themselves in for. Anyway, happy gaming and Merry Christmas.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• Deadeye31Deadeye31 Member Posts: 50
    Hey, OP, in response to your question: I love this game more now than I did the first beta weekend.

To be more specific, I'm loving the bounty hunter story. It is amazing!! The abilities are awesome (death from above never never never gets old), the cut scenes are awesome, the situations I find myself in are absurd but hilarious and just downright great fun. And the icing on the cake are the bounty hunter's responses: *waves hand at Jedi* "you will realize what a complete idiot you are". *to imperial complaining animals killed his technicians* " bet you imperials taste pretty good with a side of gacho sauce."

I have never had this much fun leveling in an MMO, it blows WOW out of the water.
  • Wookiee6648Wookiee6648 Member Posts: 131

Originally posted by lizardbones

Exactly as I have said for the past few months Bioware and EA have zero experience with MMOS, now we are getting to see just a small part of the incompetance and lack of experience I have been warning about.

The big question now..

I've had zero issues, and I would be the majority of people have had zero issues. Seems to me that Bioware is on their way to having one of the most popular MMOs on the market. Not sure where the huge problem is.

I would say I'm as much of a fan of the game now as I was last week or the week before. Probably more so now that I'm playing the game.

Same here no issues at all.   Sure the server ques are big but when they open up the servers to more people or whole new servers all together it goes away till more people join and they have to do it all over again.

Only real problems are the people that didn't read up on the game first and don't have the computers to run it or people that didn't follow the sign up right.,The majority of the negative things being said are truly false and made up by trolls.

I have been playing since the 13th and there just is no major issues, and the one that are troublesome like the ques are fixed with ease and only seem big cause of the negative people who for some reason are mad the game is doing well.  1.4 million pre orders and who knows how many after but in a month when people resub it will be interesting  to see the numbers then as well.

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256

The big question now..

I've had zero issues, and I would be the majority of people have had zero issues. Seems to me that Bioware is on their way to having one of the most popular MMOs on the market. Not sure where the huge problem is.

I would say I'm as much of a fan of the game now as I was last week or the week before. Probably more so now that I'm playing the game.

Same.  I've had zero issues, through all of early access and launch.  No crashes, no disconnects, no lag...  Blizz had no mmo experience before WoW.....  Same with every other company and their first mmo.  I think the only one who lacks experience with mmos is the OP.

• seraphis79seraphis79 Member UncommonPosts: 312

I'm not sure where all the trouble is coming from.  I pre-ordered my game after the first day of early access from Best Buy (yep, I took a big chance there).  I got my code about an hour later and the next morning I was playing the game.  Yesterday I stopped by Best Buy to pick up my copy while I was doing some Christmas shopping with the fiance.  I came home and later that night enjoyed some more SWTOR. 

About 30 minutes ago I fired up the game, clicked the link on the bottom of the launcher that put me in a queue.  I was there for about 15 minutes, which was just enough time to read a bunch of troll posts here on MMORPG and get me concerned a bit about what was to come.  After the time in queue I put in my game code.  No problem.  I set up my subscription plan.  No problem.  I added my credit card information. No problem. 

I waited until the last minute and with the queue time it took me about 20 minutes to get the account set up.  I figured I would come here and post my experience with the system so others can see the sky is not falling. image

• buegurbuegur Member UncommonPosts: 457

I had my doubts about this game and didn't play it until it was available to the general public on the 20th, but I can say I really am enjoying it so far.  Really a night and day difference from all the other MMo's I've played so far as the cut scenes really make me feel immersed in the Star Wars universe, and finally I'm the star of the show!  Most MMO's just can't make you fell like the hero and SWTOR does that well in my opinion.  I have had zero problems with queues or any other matters in game, so I congradulate them on a launch well done!

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

No issues here

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by GetzMango

Originally posted by wireded21

I think everyone including the fanbois will admit that the launch has nose dived and so the subscriptions will also after a month or 2.

Shame, another MMO with lots of potential...

Planetside 2 coming next year, a change of pace to an MMOFPS maybe...

EVERYONE? Really? I don't feel that way, so you are wrong.

Planetside 2? Another f2p money pit, no thanks.

Exactly, another FPS nightmare that shouldnt be confused in a MMO.  Plus its made my SOE, no thanks my money is with Bioware and SWTOR.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

What is Sorrow talking about?

Bioware have been making RPG's for almost 2 decades, I'm sure they have more experience than most MMO developers. SWTOR is hugely popular because it's a brilliant game, what can Bioware do when the demand is so high?

I didn't like SWTOR at first, took a good week before the game grew on me, and I'm having alot of fun with it. Brilliant stuff.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Do we really need ANOTHER thread about the same?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by DirtyDozen

Having a blast. Minor problems but nothing game breaking yet.

Same here.

Hell, I was even a lazy idiot who didn't set up my sub before the end of the grace period. That meant I had to deal with the website queues that people are nerd raging about today to get everything up and running for myself and my boyfriend. It's amazing how quickly time flies when you've got multiple tabs open in Chrome and you're doing laundry and RL stuff so you can travel for the holidays.

Game is up and running just fine. I got my subs up and logged in for a bit. Even did a bit of space combat and got myself set up on Nar Shadda so I can run quests there when I get back from vacation. As far as I can tell, things are fine,  despite all the freakouts on this board.

• matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431

The big question now..

What are you talking about!  I'm dying to know.

eqnext.wikia.com

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by Elikal

Do we really need ANOTHER thread about the same?

It wouldn't be MMORPG.com without a bunch of threads about the same things being posted over and over and over and over.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

The big question now..

HOLD on...I am pretty sure I can TOLD YOU SO... you did good too

Bland, Cookie Cutter with nothing new

General Discussion « Star Wars: The Old Republic

12/07/11 4:48:52 AM

SWTOR bores the absolute hell outta me, 

I have NEVER been this bored with any AAA title ever made. The scary part is, you can't even say this is a POS game wrapped in a pretty package, the graphics are subpar for this point in the evolution of the industry. Personally I just do not get the appeal at all.

I tested every class to 50 and there just is nothing in this whole damn game that deserves an ounce of the hype this game is getting. I just can not get my head around it.

Oh and get ready for an amazingly bad launch, the servers are so piss poor that they have to stagger yall in like games use to do 10 years ago... hello, the technology has evolved. Moo Moo Move along the shoot little cow, the next cow is coming in behind you.

One thing they did not take into account, their website and forums are on the same server farm as thier game servers, and even though I pointed this out during beta multiple times, it was never corrected.

SO, headstart day 1, they bring up the servers, but guess what all the impatient kids out there are piled up on the forums, eat up the bandwidth, overwhealm the server farm, and crash the servers over and over as people are trying to log in and make characters.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

The big question now..

I'd have to agree with this completely.  It's a very well constructed game, both technically and conceptually.

Overall, probably the best launched MMO I've ever been a part of, as well as being insanely popular.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• SolarstrikerSolarstriker Member UncommonPosts: 35

EA launched Earth and Beyond.. then later shut it down :(

So this is not a first for EA :P

• KaoftheRoseKaoftheRose Member UncommonPosts: 73

The big question now..

uh.... all i have been seeing from SWTOR is experience and talent seemingly beyond that of a team that should be complete noobs to the genre. gives me great hope for the future of the game and the incredible content to come.

• ctacconi21ctacconi21 Member Posts: 18

im still a BIg fan.

The game is polite, funny, and the story driven quest hook me up.

Oh yea ur topic is pathetic.

Oh yea puremallace owned u very hard, bye troll o.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

The most enjoyable story-driven MMORPG I've ever played? Why yes, yes it is. Told you so.

I hit massive server queues on launch day as the early access concentrated many of us onto servers that filled up fast. Do I think this could have been managed better? Of course.

Would I say the game has launched poorly? Not at all. I am loving the game and am having more fun playing through the quests and storylines - as opposed to grinding for levels - than I have in years.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

What? You ask a question and then no poll?!

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• Hicks2006Hicks2006 Member Posts: 40

ive said this about a previous poster who bashed TOR and ill say it about this OP as well. He probably has a shitty ass pc or laptop that cant run the game properly and because he's used to console gaming he expects everything to be perfect the first day in. New gen kids dont understand the work and effort required to make a good game let alone a great MMO. If he is such a talented person that he can say "i told you so" maybe he should join BW and fix all their issues single handedly. 

If he cant all his arguements are ignorant hell all bash posters if they can do a better job or point out the issue maybe they should work for the companie and fix them. otherwise STFU and go back to World of girlfriendlesscraft

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I think Bioware made it pretty clear over this last year exactly how this game was going to be.  It's not far off at all from what I read into it long before I played it.  I have to say though that it is worse than I expected from the standpoint of gameplay and world design.  The VO stuff is cool, but doesn't make up for all the other things lacking.  

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by matraque

What are you talking about!  I'm dying to know.

I think his work here is done.  A vague, undefined complaint jacks seven pages anyway.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by EricDanie

Is this a complaint about queues? Because I saw no reasoning to back the "I told you so" argument.

"Nobody goes to that restaurant.  It's too crowded" -Yogi Berra