Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I refuse to activate my code

Am sitting here with the box on my desk and the key inside.  I bought it from game.co.uk but am not going to activate it on the grounds that the game is NOT an MMO, at best it's a coop game that's if you can find someone in the zones.  I plan to sell my game on Ebay sometime today.

The reasons:

Every zone is a little box that you can not ride out of, you are trapped unless you take a Taxi to another box.  It's just like Star trek and we all know how shit that game was. 

Tatooine in SW the film is a large Desert like planet, well not in this game it ain't.  It's a square and if you try to ride your speeder in any direction for more than 500 yards of the place where you land your space ship you hit an invisible barrier.  You have to take the taxi to the next area if you want to quest.  This game literally offers NO exploration at all.  And don't even get me started on world PvP, I have been to three contested zones and have not even seen an Empire player let alone fought one.

This game is an insult to the word MMO, I am really scratching my head at WTF the devs were thinking when they planned all this shit out in the early stages of development.  Clearly they have not got a clue what makes a good MMO.

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Kay.  Can I have your stuff?<--I'm sorry, it's a reflex from 15 years of ragequit threads.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

If your selling it on ebay are you selling it cheaper than you bought it, if so, whisper me I will buy it off you. I hope you have fun in another MMO.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

So...

On Tatooine the spaceport for Republic and the spaceport for Empire are away from the main map to ensure that PvP ganking / griefing doesn't happen at them.

The rest of the map is one big connected piece, and it is big. Maybe not SWG big, but certainly more interesting and plenty of exploration areas in it.

Sure, the game funnels you, its a themepark MMO, but that was never some big secret.

• GibbzterGibbzter Member Posts: 1

Selling because its Tatooine isnt as big as the movie's Tatoine, unbelievable what kids QQ over now. I would go back to WoW if I were you.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by Mackeh

Am sitting here with the box on my desk and the key inside.  I bought it from game.co.uk but am not going to activate it on the grounds that the game is NOT an MMO

Oh, here are some of your other quotes:

From 11/29

My list is two fold:

1.  World PvP is virtually none

2.  I won't pat £40 for a game that charges me a monthly fee, not when I can buy great mmo's like Rift for £5

Also from 11/29

TBH from what I have seen in the Beta world PvP does not exist, the game will bomb.  :(

And one more from the same thread:

I enjoyed the Beta, it was immersive the quests were very good and I loved playing the Trooper but I won't be playing on launch as it will get boring for me very fast.  I also will not pay £40 for a subscription based game when we all know it will be £5 in a few months.

Sadly for Bioware who have clearly put huge effort into this game I predict a mass exodus after 3 months.  Once you have tried a few of the classes and played through the story there is very little sandbox to keep PvP players involved.

Didn't sound like you were a fan of the game to begin with so that is taken in consideration when deciding to give merit to your post.

My only question is why did you buy it when you said you weren't going to buy it? What did you see that changed your mind that you didn't see in beta but somehow made you sub? What changed?

• nerrollusnerrollus Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 214

So Bioware got your money, but you're not going to play. Yeah, that will show them.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

Am sitting here with the box on my desk and the key inside.  I bought it from game.co.uk but am not going to activate it on the grounds that the game is NOT an MMO

Oh, here are some of your other quotes:

From 11/29

My list is two fold:

1.  World PvP is virtually none

2.  I won't pat £40 for a game that charges me a monthly fee, not when I can buy great mmo's like Rift for £5

Also from 11/29

TBH from what I have seen in the Beta world PvP does not exist, the game will bomb.  :(

Didn't sound like you were a fan of the game to begin with so that is taken in consideration when deciding to give merit to your post.

My only question is why did you buy it when you said you weren't going to buy it? What did you see that changed your mind that you didn't see in beta but somehow made you sub? What changed?

LOL that is funny, it just shows some ppl just have something wrong with them, the guy didnt like the game and obviously spent some time telling others how other games were better and how he wasnt gonna buy it now its rage quiting even before opening the box.

I doubt he even has a box tbh this sounds like a case of wanting attention.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Tatooine is freaking huge and iv been ganked loads of times.

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

Originally posted by nerrollus

So Bioware got your money, but you're not going to play. Yeah, that will show them.

^ This...

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271

sadly all true i was hoping the devs had learned from other games mistakes and swtor would be the one but its sadly lacking in world size,my son likes it and i think that is who this game is aimed at but not for me im afraid.

• ArEfArEf Member Posts: 233

It's weird because there's quite a bit of World PvP. ???

Add me on Steam!

RawrfulCast - My YouTube Channel
    Me and a Friend are Bad At Games :(
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Am sitting here with the box on my desk and the key inside.  I bought it from game.co.uk but am not going to activate it on the grounds that the game is NOT an MMO, at best it's a coop game that's if you can find someone in the zones.  I plan to sell my game on Ebay sometime today.

The reasons:

Every zone is a little box that you can not ride out of, you are trapped unless you take a Taxi to another box.  It's just like Star trek and we all know how shit that game was. 

Tatooine in SW the film is a large Desert like planet, well not in this game it ain't.  It's a square and if you try to ride your speeder in any direction for more than 500 yards of the place where you land your space ship you hit an invisible barrier.  You have to take the taxi to the next area if you want to quest.  This game literally offers NO exploration at all.  And don't even get me started on world PvP, I have been to three contested zones and have not even seen an Empire player let alone fought one.

This game is an insult to the word MMO, I am really scratching my head at WTF the devs were thinking when they planned all this shit out in the early stages of development.  Clearly they have not got a clue what makes a good MMO.

I disagree. TOR is an MMORPG. It's just not your kind of MMORPG. Wait for the other titles to launch, something that's right up your street might come along.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Originally posted by natpick

sadly all true i was hoping the devs had learned from other games mistakes and swtor would be the one but its sadly lacking in world size,my son likes it and i think that is who this game is aimed at but not for me im afraid.

Not sure what game you've been playing but Swtor is freaking huge.

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

The OP is just a troll. Why do people always beleive that people are telling the truth on the internet. I doubt the OP even played the game. He certainly didn't buy a copy.

Having a few smaller zones with limited access doesn't disqualify the game as an MMO, WoW and LOTR have those.

A game that isn't an MMO, would be Skyrim, and MMORPG.com named it Game of the Year.

The OP is nothing but a troll.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

You feel beter now that you got that off your chest?  One lemming among millions, no one cares.  And if from the previous threads, not playing the game only helps out.  1 less in Barrens chat.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Originally posted by nblitz

I disagree. TOR is an MMORPG. It's just not your kind of MMORPG. Wait for the other titles to launch, something that's right up your street might come along.

I hear Hello Kitty World online is still taking people.

• ScoutMastrScoutMastr Member Posts: 140

I have to admit I didn't know what the big deal was about instancing, because I thought you guys were talking about story areas. I just assumed there weren't many people playing through the same world areas that I was playing, but yesterday I accepted a couple of invites from people that were in another instance of the same area I was playing and had to be "shuttled" over to their world...I was like WTF??? There weren't many people playing in "MY" world, and THAT'S when my slow noob brain made the connection...ohhhh instanced worlds...smh.

It has to be a limitation of the engine they chose for this game, because even with this method, things can get pretty choppy when things get intense--part of that might be due to my connection I admit. I also ran into a lot of minor bugs yesterday...more than usual for this game.

It does still feel very single player-ish, and even when I group for heroic/flashpoint areas...everyone is like "thanks, guys"--group disbanded--back to the single player experience...and that's not a complaint on my part, because it feels like that's the way this game is meant to be played...is this the norm for MMOs these days? And I can't say much about PVP areas because I haven't done any PVP yet...I'm level 27 on a pvp server--I laugh now when they play that ominous music that's supposed to warn you that you're in a contested area...LOL--right. The first time I heard it and read what it said...oh I was on high alert! Now I don't worry about it at all...there might be some Imps around, but maybe they're in another instance? lol

I'm going to give this game more of a chance to grow on me, because there's still a lot I haven't tried, but I'm not yet emotionally invested at all.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Originally posted by ScoutMastr

I have to admit I didn't know what the big deal was about instancing, because I thought you guys were talking about story areas. I just assumed there weren't many people playing through the same world areas that I was playing, but yesterday I accepted a couple of invites from people that were in another instance of the same area I was playing and had to be "shuttled" over to their world...I was like WTF??? There weren't many people playing in "MY" world, and THAT'S when my slow noob brain made the connection...ohhhh instanced worlds...smh.

It has to be a limitation of the engine they chose for this game, because even with this method, things can get pretty choppy when things get intense--part of that might be due to my connection I admit. I also ran into a lot of minor bugs yesterday...more than usual for this game.

It does still feel very single player-ish, and even when I group for heroic/flashpoint areas...everyone is like "thanks, guys"--group disbanded--back to the single player experience...and that's not a complaint on my part, because it feels like that's the way this game is meant to be played...is this the norm for MMOs these days? And I can't say much about PVP areas because I haven't done any PVP yet...I'm level 27 on a pvp server--I laugh now when they play that ominous music that's supposed to warn you that you're in a contested area...LOL--right. The first time I heard it and read what it said...oh I was on high alert! Now I don't worry about it at all...there might be some Imps around, but maybe they're in another instance? lol

I'm going to give this game more of a chance to grow on me, because there's still a lot I haven't tried, but I'm not yet emotionally invested at all.

Tatooine, I hear, is when the world pvp gets going.  But yes, most MMOs now adays have groups that just end in "thanks"  and play mostly solo until the level cap, because thats what the majority want, they do not want other people's schedual and whims dictate when they are able to play. 

Anything to prevent me from going back to the days of spamming lfg in North Ro for a Dervish camp spot, only to find they are all full, and I have to wait until someone else leaves to get a chance at a spot.  Then on to P caverns =/, Quenos to freeport! arghh the memories are coming back!!

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235

The game has arguably more km2  than any other MMO, except maybe Eve. There's so much to explore already, it's unbelievable.

You can think of SWTOR what you want, but nothing to explore is just a big LOL.

• udorusudorus Member Posts: 79

Dont worry m8 you couldnt activate your code even if you wanted to as the arsehats that are EA have screwed up code registration so be happy you still have your pretty box to look at.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Derros

Originally posted by ScoutMastr

Tatooine, I hear, is when the world pvp gets going.  But yes, most MMOs now adays have groups that just end in "thanks"  and play mostly solo until the level cap, because thats what the majority want, they do not want other people's schedual and whims dictate when they are able to play. 

Anything to prevent me from going back to the days of spamming lfg (as a mage) in North Ro for a Dervish camp spot

its a familiar feature to anyone who has ever played WoW, you get people doing the solo questing thing, and queueing for dungeon groups or pvp at the same time,  as for the heavy instancing, well i think STO highlighted that feature, with instances of up to 50 people,  SW;TOR is up to 100 people per instance, not sure how i feel about that tbh..  as far as it goes in game play terms though, im not sure, DCUO suffered with that limitation quite a bit.. so it comes down to gameplay, will the gameplay be good enough to compensate with those kinds of limitations - DCUO wasnt, nor STO for that matter, but.. SW;TOR might well succeed where those games failed. .. maybe.. image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336

The reasons:

No one seems to argue with you so I guess this is true... pfft that's terrible. All I heard about Tatooine by now is how huge it is but looks like that was just load of crap then. I wouldn't mind zones with short load sceens I guess but Taxiing is too much.

Thanks for info.

• ImpulzeImpulze Member Posts: 4

WOOT!! Busted my Post cherry.

Anyway, I think his problem is not totally in that the world is to small. But its too Instanced. That is were my main problem is with the game. It Killed AoC for me, so now im unsure about buying this game now. Its just not my cup of tea is all.

• LittlebombLittlebomb Member Posts: 152

The reasons:

This is all true ^

I love how the trolls sling insults and don't have a single arguement. The game is a lobby game if I ever saw one. It's like they remade GW1 even though Arenanet knows not to remake GW1.