Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old 'school'ers rejoice check this out !!!

2»

Comments

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Is it just me or do their graphics/textures/lighting using the HeroEngine (see Pre-Alpha video and newest screenshots) already look almost as polished as another game that recently released and used the HeroEngine?

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• VagelispVagelisp Member UncommonPosts: 448

Originally posted by NaughtyP

Is it just me or do their graphics/textures/lighting using the HeroEngine (see Pre-Alpha video and newest screenshots) already look almost as polished as another game that recently released and used the HeroEngine?

Yes, they use HeroEngine. http://www.heroengine.com/spotlights/the-repopulation/ Like SWTOR Does. And why Shouldn't they? It's free without Source code.

• alantheceltalanthecelt Member Posts: 122

wow

this looks awesome

although it looks like a massive undertaking to produce

seems to be a refreshing change cant wait to see progress

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Honestly it wasn't the game that was great, it was the people that were playing. From the sever based internet radio hosts, to your trusted weapon smith, even your nemesis who was never seen without his AT-ST crutch at all times.

It's a great idea, I just don't know if I could ever find the time to play this game again.

Not to mention, my better judgement keeps trying tell me that my desires for this game are purely fuled by 100% nostalgia.

Originally posted by Vagelisp

Yes, they use HeroEngine. http://www.heroengine.com/spotlights/the-repopulation/ Like SWTOR Does. And why Shouldn't they? It's free without Source code.

I'm saying it looks graphically on par with SWTOR release before they are even in alpha. It's my roundabout way of giving a compliment lol.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Do want..

I have my doubts about whether or not it will ever come to be mind you, at least with all the things they are promising in place and working.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• alantheceltalanthecelt Member Posts: 122

My thoughts were the same, loks exactly like SWTOR Graphically, however the stills on the site look better!!!

Wonder why BW/EA opted for a free engine then......

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

I dunno if i would go that far as i'm not intending to hit Repop fanboi mode anytime soon,if it's SWTOR u are refering too it is technically sound but i was in a very early Dominus test then called Pitch Black Beta,and it stood up very well and showed what the Hero Engine can achieve.

Repop's vids looks damn good though and in comparison blows away old p2p Fallen Earth's Alpha by a country mile so for an early Alpha it's seems to be one of the best i've seen so far,and smashes Earthrise Beta out of the park !!

p>

Originally posted by darker70

I dunno if i would go that far as i'm not intending to hit Repop fanboi mode anytime soon,if it's SWTOR u are refering too it is technically sound but i was in a very early Dominus test then called Pitch Black Beta,and it stood up very well and showed what the Hero Engine can achieve.

Repop's vids looks damn good though and in comparison blows away old p2p Fallen Earth's Alpha by a country mile so for an early Alpha it's seems to be one of the best i've seen so far,and smashes Earthrise Beta out of the park !!

I understand. Not trying to bash/hype anything, just an observation more than anything heh.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Came accross this one on the dev forums for the Hero Engine, I have recently started working with it and I think this was one of the other games being developed with the Hero Engine.. The same engine they used for the recent Star Wars game by the way.. Of course EA/Bioware paid for a full lic hero engine but its basically the same thing..

I would bet my cash on Repopulation being a ton better than SWTOR..  Nice to see them getting some respect on the forums here. I will be keeping an eye on that game for sure.

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

Originally posted by darker70

Well guys like many i've become tired and dismayed with the state of the industry,with the recent SWTOR my initial reaction was 150 million,huh ?

With Vanguard is it only a matter of time before SOE invest in another pile of trash and kill a tarnished gem with there track record very likely as they killed the best Mo that many think ever existed.Will Dawntide fill the Sandbox gap or ever be released will Archeage live up to it's pedigree and will we see it before 2013?

But as i surfed as i have on this site for many a moon lo and behold i came across an obscurely titled new Mo,well here we go again was my intial thought some Korean F2P crap as most are these days.

But strip me naked and call me Susan i arrived at a very polished site with so much info i was engrossed,there was a vid  an insight into the lore and  the clincher a very ambitious space MO Hybrid/Sandbox that the devs have spent 3 years on and are ramping up for full Alpha testing,With too many features to shake a stick at this should have former SWG-pre NGE players positively wetting them selves with anticipation !!

So do your self a favour and check out The Repopulation furthermore the Devs are constanly on the forums and these guys were one of the first  Indies to use the Hero engine,yes the one Bioware seemingly forgot they were useing!!

This link is for the overall features page it's quite a read.

http://www.therepopulation.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=175&Itemid=452

is it bad if the feature list gave me a boner?

I guess it's a matter of how well they manage to actually implement that list.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675

If nothing else, it's not another annoying fantasy title, that gets my attention immediately.  Once it's actually out and working, I'll take a look at it.  I ignore games in alpha and beta. 

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• mogi67mogi67 Member UncommonPosts: 69

Wow! It's been a while since I've been excited for an MMO but this feature list is amazing. The screenshots look really good too!  

I'll be keeping a close eye on this one. 

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Originally posted by mogi67

Wow! It's been a while since I've been excited for an MMO but this feature list is amazing. The screenshots look really good too!  

I'll be keeping a close eye on this one. 

Looks promising, and thats a good start :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Added to my watchlist.

I'm cautiously optimistic, all looks good in theory and on paper, but I've seen that too many times in the last few years, so I'll keep watching closely and hoping :D

• 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

The feature list is nice, but the setting/story does not interest me one bit.

I'm sick of humans in games. I deal with you people enough in the real world.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Bookmarked. Even though I like FFA PVP games, it seems you guys are going the right direction with the pvp. You will get alot more people playing that do not like FFA PVP (and that is shitload of people.) So Kudos on making a non FFA PVP sandbox.

BOOYAKA!

• joshuahallsjoshuahalls Member UncommonPosts: 78

We are hoping to have alternative rules server that cater more toward RPers and hardcore PVP junkies as well, but the main game servers will be controlled in the beginning areas (more of a themepark style) and a bit more loose in the outlaying sandbox oriented playing areas (where everything is pretty much player controlled).  The PVP servers will most likely have faster progression setups (faster skillups) and we might get really nasty and allow people to destroy cloning facilities (where players respawn out of when they die).  Would have to use a npc controlled cloning facility as a backup (insurance style to a point).  These changes aren't really hard to make and probably will keep an eye on what is going on more in that area once we get closer to late beta/launch as we mostly want to focus on the core ruleset server initially.

As far as progress, the programming aspect (the writing of the systems and logic) is fairly far along.  We have spent a lot of time the last year or so working on that and already had a wealth of development done in an earlier engine to speed that process along, we are mostly getting in the content creation side now as these systems are coming into place.  Some are fairly complete with some minor tweeks needed and others we need a lot of work done on still (such as vehicles).  

Joshua Halls
    Co Owner-Lead Programmer The Repopulation

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Awesome!! Will be watching this.

• ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80

Without a doubt :)

• IroncladIronclad Member UncommonPosts: 71

Thanks for the report Susan.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Ignore the idiots.. this game looks interesting.

Added to watchlist

..Cake..