Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-order and original code SWTOR Origin DE

talasamtalasam Member UncommonPosts: 13

I pre-order my copy of SWTOR trough Origin recive my pre-order code and redimed it, got early access to game now yesterday they send as alert that you have to re enter the original code for game and set up your accont in order to continue play after 12/22 update. Well i'm confuse here.. I didn't recive any new code form Origin SWTOR still is listed as unrelieased game in my game. Trying to contact origin just follow the link in web page led me to deadth end since SWTOR site is down for maintanence. And yea Origin charge my cc got my card . So my question is is there anyone there with same problem and any solutions found for moment.sry for my bad enlish :/.

Comments

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    This is why I never do digital downloads. Sorry for your troubles and hope you can get it straightened out :)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I had no problems.  Origin emailed me my code on the 16th and I entered it just fine.  Check your spam folder to see if the notice got directed there.

Just thought of something...I ordered my copy from best buy and never got a preorder code. I waited until the box arrived and just used the access code that came with it. When the site comes back up, try using the same code as before. Its worth a shot.

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by talasam

I pre-order my copy of SWTOR trough Origin recive my pre-order code and redimed it, got early access to game now yesterday they send as alert that you have to re enter the original code for game and set up your accont in order to continue play after 12/22 update. Well i'm confuse here.. I didn't recive any new code form Origin SWTOR still is listed as unrelieased game in my game. Trying to contact origin just follow the link in web page led me to deadth end since SWTOR site is down for maintanence. And yea Origin charge my cc got my card . So my question is is there anyone there with same problem and any solutions found for moment.sry for my bad enlish :/.

The pre order code is was to prove that you preordered the game, hence the reason you got "early access".  now you need to enter the actual product to prove that you bought the game.  If they did not do it.  People would pre order, type in their pre order code and then cancel the preorder and have 1 month of free game play.

i really dont see the "confusion" tehre, especially since most games work this way when it comes with early access or beta invites for pre orders.

Now the fact you have not recieved a code, did you order a digital copy or a box copy?

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

Maybe it can help, here's what happened for me :

- Preordered on Origin, copied the pre-order code from the Origin website summary

- Redeemed the pre-order code on my SWTOR account

- Played and received via ingame mail pre-order gift

- Received 2 days later via mail my product code from Origin

- Entered my product code on my SWTOR account

- Played and received via ingame mail Deluxe edition gifts

So if I understand your post, you need to wait for Origin to send a product code (different from pre-order code). I hope you don't have to wait 2 days like I did.

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

Check email spam folders.

Every pre-order customer needed 2 codes. 1 code for pre-order and early access. 1 code for release product.

• talasamtalasam Member UncommonPosts: 13

I did get my code. I got early accses tho. Just don't have other code to enter now original one you saing you have two different code one for pre-order and one original?

• Smitty88Smitty88 Member Posts: 103

I got all 3 codes on the same email, dbl check and make sure the product key isnt somewhee on it.

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788

I did get my code. I got early accses tho. Just don't have other code to enter now original one you saing you have two different code one for pre-order and one original?

DID YOU ORDER DIGITAL COPY OR BOX COPY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I could be wrong, but I ordered the same through origin, and I think my code was my pre-order code...I entered the code again, set up my account and I am all good...I could be wrong, but I swear it was the same.....I could be wrong, but I swear it was the one from me pre-ordering it....I did have to setup payment stuff though, and confirm my purchase.

Originally posted by jerlot65

The pre order code is was to prove that you preordered the game, hence the reason you got "early access".  now you need to enter the actual product to prove that you bought the game.  If they did not do it.  People would pre order, type in their pre order code and then cancel the preorder and have 1 month of free game play.

i really dont see the "confusion" tehre, especially since most games work this way when it comes with early access or beta invites for pre orders.

Now the fact you have not recieved a code, did you order a digital copy or a box copy?

Reading comprehension for the win.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

See my post here: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4630415#4630415

Too lazy to type it all out again. But you can get the code from the Origin desktop client. Hope it helps!

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

First is pre-order code

Second is product code and has 20 letters/numbers in it. In my Origin mail it was called "Digital rights".

• talasamtalasam Member UncommonPosts: 13

I ordered digital copy.