Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 minute review (anti-wall of text)

2»

Comments

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by sgel

Originally posted by Angier2758

I like how everyone plays in the same warfronts.  It's very inclusive to friends and guilidies who are not the same level.

Yes but you do realize that the higher level players have many more skills than the lower level players thus making it ridiculously unlabanced... right?...

It actually isn't unbalanced.  

They have less skills...but a lot of the skills you get are specialized... ie  a jedi shadow gets the make or break skills by 16 (stun, aoe knock back, back stab, stealth, super speed).

It's a disadvantage.... but not a huge one. 

PS- which is why certain classes do better in wfs than others....the unbalanced part is that the *good* skills that you need to succeed are not given at the same time to each class...that's different then saying LOL 50's kill lvl 15s.  

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Kuinn

Originally posted by Agricola1

Space combat: sexeh side game.

I have to comment on this one since, I took the space combat as just a minigame before I played the release version, and I still do after that, also after the first time I tried it it didnt feel very fun even.

Then I rolled another character, skipped some side quests (a bunch of them) and got a little bit "behind" on levels, I thought 'heck I heard the space combat gives good XP for the dailies/first times' and went to get a level or two. That evening and the next day together I played propably 20 times the space game. It became a drug to me :(

After upgrading my ship a bit to get 40 missiles so I can fire salvos even at the standard enemy fighter groups... Damn, that's fun luls. I've never ever in my life played any kind of rail shooter before, which is propably a good thing since I'm having a ton of fun with it now.

I wonder how they did it with the engine and "dear god please..." ...or Bioware devs please add swoop/pod racing with the same mechanics with multiplayer! I WANTS IT! Kinda like the old podracing game that came after Phantom Menace, I dont recall even playing it but it looked like fast and fun. :D

Pretty much how I got into it, I'm not saying that space combat is the second coming of Christ or anything but when I want to take a break but still play I can do space combat. The ship is upgradeable and it's fun for what it is, when I just want to watch the TV or have a smoke and a drink I can level crew skills and do crafting at the sametime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

the game is fantastic but it has finally happend. some jerk imperial that is already 50 is ganking lowbies at tantooine.

i know its time to 'suck eggs' but its only been launch for a few days. i know how quick it is to reach 50 via warzones and space battles. they wont have any or very much dark/light points for faction gear but ohwell they'll get bored quickly and demand content and hopefully unsub.

on the bright side the pvp is awesome with people a couple of lvls in range.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by Kuinn

Space combat: sexeh side game.

I have to comment on this one since, I took the space combat as just a minigame before I played the release version, and I still do after that, also after the first time I tried it it didnt feel very fun even.

Then I rolled another character, skipped some side quests (a bunch of them) and got a little bit "behind" on levels, I thought 'heck I heard the space combat gives good XP for the dailies/first times' and went to get a level or two. That evening and the next day together I played propably 20 times the space game. It became a drug to me :(

After upgrading my ship a bit to get 40 missiles so I can fire salvos even at the standard enemy fighter groups... Damn, that's fun luls. I've never ever in my life played any kind of rail shooter before, which is propably a good thing since I'm having a ton of fun with it now.

I wonder how they did it with the engine and "dear god please..." ...or Bioware devs please add swoop/pod racing with the same mechanics with multiplayer! I WANTS IT! Kinda like the old podracing game that came after Phantom Menace, I dont recall even playing it but it looked like fast and fun. :D

Oh hell yeah. Give me multiplayer podracing with the space missions engine. I can realistically see them implementing that in a patch down the road.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Originally posted by Decadentia

Originally posted by Decadentia

-Resources showing on map when in reality have already been used

I don't believe there are no bugs, I'm just saying I haven't encountered any far other than the green lines for a short time. Just commenting on my experience so far, nothing else.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but am I to assume you don't have any gathering skills then? That bug is quite obvious.

I have crew gathering skills (salvage) and I've clicked on stuff but I don't know what skills I need or if I have them to loot it (even though it was glowing). I'm just learning so I'm not refuting what you're saying and no sweat about being confrontational I didn't assume that though it's hard to tell when reading text.

Personally I'm hoping the resource thing isn't a bug, the amount of times you get a weee adventure out of you way for sod all, pretty funny.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I must say the space combat is nothing special, I like that it is there cause it gives them the opportunity to actually improve it, but it seems very tacked on rather than really designed, I hope they did it cause they want to improve on it later on.

But on a side note I love my spaceship I hope they focus more on your spaceship at some point and like I said improve space combat make it a bit like SWG space pvp that would be awesome.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I loves it and am having a blast, that is my review :)