Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Five TV Shows That Should Be MMOs

13»

Comments

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

Originally posted by Madimorga

#1 Firefly

Fix it.

you beat me to it, but nice to see others like the idea as well, old west meets sci-fi but at least its influence is seen in many games

• PunkrePunkre Member Posts: 92

Firefly goes without saying.

Angel: Because the spinoff of Buffy was better than the original, but really anything in the "buffyverse" would work.

Nakita: Really any spy show like Chuck woudl also work, but in general the game is designed so that you have multiple roles and you have to work as a team to complete missions and in pvp fights try to counter the enemies tactics.

Farscape: OMG why hasnt some one done this already. ship combat, a vast amount of unique races, endless planets you can create. Ground and ship exploration.

Heroes/Misfits: Realistic superhero game with sandbox elements.

Lost Girl / Once Upon a Time / Fabels: Twisted versions of modern day fairy tales with Fae like creatures...

Supernatural / Hunter the Reckoning: Sorta like Secret World, only without a bunch of people giving you  orders. You just have to survive and Hunt. 

• tysonj25tysonj25 Member UncommonPosts: 66

2 Things!

1. Master of the universe was a movie not a tv show! 

2. Top five would be:

Firefly

Angel

Space above and Beyond

Sliders (tho I have no idea how you could do it)

2 guys a girl and a pizza place....Endless possibiilities!

• CptAlphCptAlph Member UncommonPosts: 16

A Western MMO...  ::Nerdgasm::

Been saying it for years on the forums.  My wish is for one based on the Deadlands RPG (more of a "Weird West" setting than straight Western), but my prayers have not been answered yet.  :(  Bonus alternate history component of my dreams -- biplanes.  Getting into steampunk territory, but sprinkle a little of that in too, what the heck.  ::Swoon::

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Stuff like masters of univerfse or even freaking muppets in there but NO FIREFLY?

What a heresy.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• kokaska71kokaska71 Member UncommonPosts: 11

Originally posted by tysonj25

2 Things!

1. Master of the universe was a movie not a tv show

Masters of the Universe was a tv show.  A beloved Cartoon tv show, not that joke of a movie :(

2. Top five would be:

Firefly

Angel

Space above and Beyond

Sliders (tho I have no idea how you could do it)

2 guys a girl and a pizza place....Endless possibiilities!

Firefly gets my vote for # 1. But I would love to see someone make a Bionic Woman/6 million dollar man mmo. Two of my favorite shows growing up.  Voltron, Megaman, Godzilla :P Land of the Lost.  To be honest though, I don't really care about the IP I just wish someone would make a  game that will give this tired genre the kick in the pants it needs.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

My top Tv shows i would love to see to get an mmorpg would be

1. Bleach

2. Walking Dead

3. Angel

4. He-man

5.Firefly

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• LuxumaruLuxumaru Member UncommonPosts: 259
    My two credits:

Charmed
    Buffy/Angel
    Merlin
    Legend of the Seeker/Sword of Truth
    Stargate

Total MMOs played: 274|Enjoyed: 9. >:|

• DumptruckDumptruck Member Posts: 5

Am I being trolled? Why would any rational person want firefly to be an MMO?

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Both Firefly and The Walking Dead lack substance for a MMO. I loved Firefly series, but you dont get to learn a lot about the background of that galaxy. Not like in Babylon 5 or Stargate for example. Probably also because Firefly got killed after 1 season :(

As for a zombie MMO, I rather see zombies as part of a larger setting, like in a post apocalyptic setting as in Fallen Earth. But then a better executed Fallen Earth please. Preferable also with a better physics engine so when you whack a zombie, itll look good.

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

Kudos for remembering Masters of the Universe!

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Actually, Masters of the Universe originally was a toy franchise in the 80's that spawned 2 TV shows, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power. Both shows were basically set in the same universe (He-Man was based on planet Eternia, She-Ra on one of its moons) and characters from one would frequently guest star in the other.

There's also the Masters of the Universe movie with Dolph Lungren as He-Man, and the 2002 He-Man TV series remake that was on cartoon network for 2 seasons.

BTW, a masters of the universe MMO would be the only one that I'd play in the spanish version as long as they include the original song (it has lyrics in spanish, and I doubt you could find anyone here in Venezuela over the age of 30 that can't sing it by heart)... :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Luxumaru

Buffy/Angel

how could I forget this? THIS IS FANTASTIC IDEA.

Set mmo in the the timeline after "Chosen" (that is comic book Season 8/9 setting). The whole S8 finale would be an epic "cataclysm" (no pun intended) update that shakes up everything in the game. 

Originally posted by someforumguy

Both Firefly and The Walking Dead lack substance for a MMO. I loved Firefly series, but you dont get to learn a lot about the background of that galaxy. Not like in Babylon 5 or Stargate for example. Probably also because Firefly got killed after 1 season :(

Get whedon to write an entire lore for mmo = problem solved.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• kashogikashogi Member UncommonPosts: 8

Supernatural would be perfect for an MMO.

• tysonj25tysonj25 Member UncommonPosts: 66

Originally posted by L0C0Man

Actually, Masters of the Universe originally was a toy franchise in the 80's that spawned 2 TV shows, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power. Both shows were basically set in the same universe (He-Man was based on planet Eternia, She-Ra on one of its moons) and characters from one would frequently guest star in the other.

There's also the Masters of the Universe movie with Dolph Lungren as He-Man, and the 2002 He-Man TV series remake that was on cartoon network for 2 seasons.

BTW, a masters of the universe MMO would be the only one that I'd play in the spanish version as long as they include the original song (it has lyrics in spanish, and I doubt you could find anyone here in Venezuela over the age of 30 that can't sing it by heart)... :)

Sorry, the picture they provided was of the crap movie...and since the movie was called Masters of the Universe (and the picture was from it too) and the show was called He-man AND the Masters of the Universe I assumed (I know wrong of me) that they meant the movie...

Sorry

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Muppets Online!

Rest on your list no.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i