Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Big Bonuses for Subscribers

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds has announced that subscribers to Rift will receive some terrific in-game bonuses from December 22nd through January 2nd. In addition, Trion is promoting the game client for $4.99.

Subscribers will be treated to a 15% bonus to:

• Experience from kills

• Favor from kills

• Prestige from kills

• Plaques of Achievement

• Marks of Ascension

• Planarite

Find out more about Rift.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Soldier101Soldier101 Member Posts: 111

ah there tying to keep the player's from leave to swtor how sad. sad face.

• nyxxisnyxxis Member Posts: 62

Its not sad its smart. Its been the way of the world for a long time....offer more for the money then the guy selling the same thing down the road.

All Murlocs must die horrible, painful, bloody deaths!

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298

Originally posted by Soldier101

Why would i leave Rift, a game where it promotes grouping versus a game that is a single player rpg with multiplayer?

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

$20 sounds better than $60 for a game that I can't even log into.   Rift is sounding very tempting after all the crap I've been delt concerning SWTOR in the last 24hrs!

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

I have seen a few unsub post from SWTOR already. Trion is not stupid.

• JPaterson84JPaterson84 Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by Khrymson

$20 sounds better than $60 for a game that I can't even log into.   Rift is sounding very tempting after all the crap I've been delt concerning SWTOR in the last 24hrs!

Ah, I guess you're used to every single MMO except for SW:TOR launching without any problems whatsoever.

Because that happens. *eye roll*

With that being said, both games have positive points. I subscribed to Rift when it first launched, and I have no intention of leaving it for Star Wars.

I personally hate the Star Wars franchise, but I'm buying the game to give it a try, see what it's like.

For those leaving Rift, ciao.

For those not, cool.

Freelance writer, majority of work in the video game and entertainment industries.
    http://www.jpaterson.net/

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    No surprises here. Trion have worked hard to get the game where it is and can only hope they bring the same quality to Defiance. Offering bonuses is a smart move. Why wouldn't they sweeten the deal a bit?

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

I tried to like this game, but it just put me to sleep. I now play a game that actually keeps me interested, literally the whole time. These extras are not really that great IMO.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Khrymson

why would you play rif=t though? it had launch issues, so it must be crap.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

After putting it off, I started playing the free trial of Rift.  Liking the gameplay, graphics, etc...  This clinches it for me. I'm buying today.  I'll put be putting SW:TOR on the back burner for a while.

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

Originally posted by Isaralas

Why would i leave Rift, a game where it promotes grouping versus a game that is a single player rpg with multiplayer?

ROFL you just discribed Rift to the tee.

• ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

My general opinion on most games is... "hold off till first expansion". Usually pretty clear at that point where things are going and how it will be long term. Launches are always a cluster f*.

Shadus

Originally posted by JPaterson84

I personally hate the Star Wars franchise, but I'm buying the game to give it a try, see what it's like.

For those not, cool.

I refuse to send the signal to any dev in this industry that you can release your game with a ton of basic mmo features and sell millions of copies off the IP alone.

You literally just said you hate the Star Wars franchise, but will buy it anyways.

• ranknvileranknvile Member UncommonPosts: 17

Originally posted by kantseeme

Instant adventures which puts you into groups within seconds. Rifts and Invasions which promote grouping with instant click joining. 10 man and 20 man raids, dungeons..and more.

Sad trolls with uninformed posts are /sadface

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by nyxxis

Its not sad its smart. Its been the way of the world for a long time....offer more for the money then the guy selling the same thing down the road.

Making an already easy game easier is not a way to keep people.

Originally posted by ranknvile

Instant adventures which puts you into groups within seconds. Rifts and Invasions which promote grouping with instant click joining. 10 man and 20 man raids, dungeons..and more.

Pretty sure they consider instanced content to be very MMORPG like. I guess we can call League of Legends a mmorpg now since it has groups also. Same thing right!?!?!?

Dead worlds are hip and cool didn't you here?

Originally posted by Puremallace

Originally posted by JPaterson84

For those not, cool.

I refuse to send the signal to any dev in this industry that you can release your game with a ton of basic mmo features and sell millions of copies off the IP alone.

You literally just said you hate the Star Wars franchise, but will buy it anyways.

So he can see what it s like, just like he said. Lack of good MMOs and a good one just released, why wouldn t you try it. Of course thats my opinion, but SWTOR is way better then Rift, so why can t he make up his own mind. We get it you refuse, you love Rift, and probably worried your raiding force is going to be tiny now, but hey he should try it to see.

Originally posted by kantseeme

Within seconds lol. You are right though, stand in the city and hit a button and wait, awesome MMO ideas.

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

LOL i cant tell if Mallace was dissagreeing with what rank said to me our what. the bottom line is rift has lost its way. giving in to the insta crowd was the worst thing they could have done. trion needs to stoop to these kinds of tatics because there game is flat with no substance. has no staying power. your in your out badda bing lvl 50 on to insta "grouping" if you can call it that. might as well play with 19 npcs. 10-15 min groups? seems the right amount of time to get to know your other group mates (sarcasm).... insta instances... LOL sorry just typing that made me giggle. dont even have to travle to places anymore. just click a tab and WOOOSH! your off to the next thing that will take 10-30 mins. "sad trolls with uninformed posts are /sadface"? lol yeah ok. its 10 am est.... shard pop at this moment is....

US severs - 25 are low and 2 are medium

EU severs - 19 are low and 1 medium

sad tolls that think Trion isent in for some trouble are /sadface

Originally posted by Soki123

Within seconds lol. You are right though, stand in the city and hit a button and wait, awesome MMO ideas.

Lets do it the WoW or TOR way....stand in the Imperial fleet and afk..... or how about afk'n in SW or Org

It helps you form a raid and transports you to a NON INSTANCED area and you start questing. Only reason it needs a raid is beause it gives you quest.

Do not try and say it is not a great idea. It would clear out Org and SW in a day if Blizzard ever tried this.

They are calling TOR WoW in space for a reason.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

Considering Trion does these same "terrific bonuses" about once a month, if not more frequently, and that the box is almost always on sale for dirt (albeit sans the usual 30 days play, nice little gotcha there, Trion), how is this news?

Not to mention that pretty much all of those things -- exp especially -- are thrown at you at such a rate that you'd never notice 15% one way or the other anyway, making "terrific" more than a bit of an lol descriptor.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Good for Trion!  They're doing what MMO's should have always been doing from the start.  If WAR had been this aggressive with their client prices, they might have actually gotten $20 out of me.

Too late for Rift, though.  LotRO, Eve, and TOR beta took up my gaming time over the past few months, and now TOR has released.

• SporinSporin Member Posts: 18

Bugle's out! *Plays the "Last post"* ;)