Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of WarPlanes: American Planes Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming.net has revealed tons of new information about the American planes that will be featured in World of Warplanes. To celebrate the information tsunami, the dev team has released a new trailer showing off the planes and the features that each different aircraft will utilize.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This game is ludicrous as they include the inept Russian air force and exclude the British.  Watch, they will make the Russian planes good when they were actually the laughing stock of the war.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

The Yak-9 is a deadly aircraft with the right pilot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-9

A Luftwaffe order was made regarding the Yak-9: "On no account should pilots engage Yak fighters with an oil cooler intake under the nose."

• BassmanJBassmanJ Member Posts: 25
    aircobra? really?
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by BassmanJ

aircobra? really?

We gave a lot of them to the Russians and British.  Not something the US flew much.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

The Russian Airforce did well enough to establish air superiority over their own battlefields such that their tank busting aircraft could go to work and influcence land battles.

I wouldn't dismiss them so nonchalantly. In addition to the Yak-9 mentioned above, the La-5 (particularly the Fn version) and the La-7 were very respectable fightercraft. Equals to the German bf 109s sans the methanol/water mixture they used especially at low altitude.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• Hekate27Hekate27 Member Posts: 47

I have no problem with Russians and other airforces being in the game.  However not to have the British RAF in the game from launch is a bit of a slap in the face.  I have mentioned it  before and will continue to do so.  The British were dog-fighting with the Luftwaffe whilst the Russians were still allied with Hitler and getting very little use from their aircraft other than to pick on Finland and still struggle to make any headway.  Whilst the only US pilots taking part were those who pretended to be Canadians and signed up with the RAF.  Also the most iconic large scale air conflict of the war was "The Battle of Britain"  no need to point out that the RAF was rather involved in that one.  This is something I feel very strongly about as my family was directly involved.

Do what thou wilt, and harm ye none. - Witches Rede

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Very cool video. I might be able to finally retire Aces of the pacific soon. :)

One of my favorite things about World of Tanks threads is the cool 'history of warfare' stuff that  pops up throughout the threads.That Yak-9 link was a fun read. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre